Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 06-10-12, 12:58 PM  
Darisa

Quote:
Originally Posted by suegy3 View Post
yeah, it is easy to notice things while previewing. But i still didn't see the tampon string. Lol

marmact, i'm sorry for coming across rude, i certainly didn't mean to be. I haven't been around as much so i just saw this thread and the comments.

i think it's funny that you would talk about someone being rude when so many of your posts have been rude and aggressive. I remember that one of your posts was so rude and so many people had such a strong reaction to it and called you out on it that the thread had to be closed. And it's funny that you thought that your post was perfectly fine but you have no problem pointing out the mistakes of others.
ita
Darisa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-12, 04:09 PM  
Cammie-Cam

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lulu Belle View Post
I have done this exercises oodles of times and I always notice the background ladies. They just don't seem to belong there other than giving the image of L.A. glam. They look lovely in an extremely polished sort of way, but have no knowledge how to do any of the exercises properly. I find the whole thing really entertaining.

So do I. It's pretty clear they're in the workouts for the men... and Doug and Owen are there for the ladies... that's fine, but still quite amusing. I wonder if they had focus groups for the workouts and the men they polled didn't want to see women who actually KNEW what to do with a kettlebell. MAybe it made them feel better about themselves.
Cammie-Cam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-12, 04:51 PM  
marmact

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cammie-Cam View Post
So do I. It's pretty clear they're in the workouts for the men... and Doug and Owen are there for the ladies... that's fine, but still quite amusing. I wonder if they had focus groups for the workouts and the men they polled didn't want to see women who actually KNEW what to do with a kettlebell. MAybe it made them feel better about themselves.
LOL, perhaps. It just pains me to watch the swayback planks, LOL.

Suegy, thanks for your apology.
marmact is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-12, 04:45 PM  
lindseylu8

Quote:
Originally Posted by suegy3 View Post
Probably and that's fine. I'm actually surprised at the things that people notice about background exercisers. I mostly pay attention to the lead. Like tampon strings in another workout...I'm thinking are you actually working out of just staring at the people on the screen?
when Ive done a workout 5 million and 7 times I tend to notice every single backgrounder at some point or another and have all the instructors lines memorized

You can find a link to my fitness blog in my profile
lindseylu8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-12, 05:04 PM  
Eibhinn

Quote:
Originally Posted by lindseylu8 View Post
....and have all the instructors lines memorized
The only workouts of mine that my partner will use are AM Yoga for your week and David Swenson's Short Forms. He's used them so much that occasionally I'll hear him out in the living room saying the cues, word-for-word, before Rodney or David do, or along with them. Also, sometimes when I'm using Yoga Shakti he'll come out in the living room and say "Sun and moon... pour their healing light on you" in this really affected voice and then laugh and walk away (he's not a big Shiva Rea fan and likes to poke fun)....
Eibhinn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-12, 08:45 PM  
suegy3

Quote:
Originally Posted by marmact View Post
LOL, perhaps. It just pains me to watch the swayback planks, LOL.

Suegy, thanks for your apology.
Thank you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lindseylu8 View Post
when Ive done a workout 5 million and 7 times I tend to notice every single backgrounder at some point or another and have all the instructors lines memorized
I memorize the instructors lines too but probably the most random things that I remember are the notes in the music. Not necessarily the harmony but weird random notes. lol
suegy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-12, 10:19 AM  
eyefit
VF Supporter

I saw someone mention this somewhere and I can't find it now. I was doing Kettlebell Kickboxing today (Power) and I let the disc keep going after the workout as I was stretching out some more. They have this guy in a panda suit come in with a pink bell just like the girls in RKS and they are goofing around. The panda guy was totally doing all these hilariously bad form moves with the pink bell. They just had to be making fun of those girls! LOL
Old 06-13-12, 11:29 AM  
bee
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by eyefit View Post
I saw someone mention this somewhere and I can't find it now. I was doing Kettlebell Kickboxing today (Power) and I let the disc keep going after the workout as I was stretching out some more. They have this guy in a panda suit come in with a pink bell just like the girls in RKS and they are goofing around. The panda guy was totally doing all these hilariously bad form moves with the pink bell. They just had to be making fun of those girls! LOL
I thought the exact same thing & suggested it on the KK thread but no one really seemed to pick up on it. Glad I wasn't the only one to think that (& you weren't either!).
bee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-12, 11:52 AM  
caligurl

Quote:
Originally Posted by eyefit View Post
it was talked about on the long kettlebell kickboxing thread.... i hope that's not what they are doing! if they are then i'll have lost all respect for dasha... very unprofessinal, if that's the case

i agree that the RKS girls' form isn't so great... but the workouts and program are awesome. i don't watch the tv while doing the workouts so i don't notice (and if i do watch the tv... i'm watching owen... who... doesn't run his mouth every.blasted.second.of.the.workout!) i like kettlebell kickboxing but OHMIGOD dasha needs to SHUT UP! i LOVE RKS and owen talks just enough so as to not annoy people!
it is NOT against the rules to say DIET on this forum!
-----
"VFers have a right to post negative opinions about an instructor,
and there is not a limit on the number of times they do so".
- WWWendy

-----
"...no matter how unpopular you perceive your opinion to be, we guarantee you
are not the only one here who holds that opinion, and you should feel free to express it."
- WWWendy via forum guidelines
caligurl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-12, 12:55 PM  
eyefit
VF Supporter

It's funny because the first time I did Power I didn't see the panda guy. When I was done with the workout I just took the dvd out right away. This time, I just happened to let it keep going as I sat there and stretched out a bit more than all of a sudden I look up and see a guy in a panda suit with a pink bell! I was like..."what the...?" lol Maybe they weren't actually making fun of the girls but it made me think of this thread when I saw it.

I agree, I really like Owen in the RKS workouts and I just look at him when I do it. When you think about it though, it is pretty bad to have anyone doing a workout with poor form...especially for people like me who tend to mimic what the people on the tv are doing without thinking, even if I know it's not the right way.

Tags
background exercisers, reinhardt kb system, reinhardt kettlebell, rks, tampon string