Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-24-12, 12:02 PM  
Pratima
Exchange Moderator

Pratima is my actual first name. I joined VF back in, I dunno, 1996? It was when we were still using the old software and everyone pretty much used their real names.

It hasn't occurred to me to switch usernames yet, though I do have some ideas for aliases. Anyway, I figure I've been here so long with my real name and it's relatively unusual, so I might as well keep it.

DISCLOSURE: I have professional relationships with several producers of fitness videos and related products; please see my profile for details.
Pratima is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-12, 12:17 PM  
cataddict
VF Supporter

I love reading about people's user names. The origin of mine is not nearly as creative as some of the others here, but my rescue and feral cat babies definitely are a big part of what's makes me who I am!

Sharaz is a very pretty name, and Breezy Trousers, I always think about the 40s and the dances they did with the swirling skirts and dresses when I see your posts.
cataddict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-12, 12:35 PM  
acescholar

I always find these threads to be fun and informative! My first choice was "writer" (which I use on Cathe's forums though I don't post that often), but that was taken (as it usually is on any board I join). I was an academic (professor) when I joined (which I was for many years--until a couple of years ago several family illnesses resulted in me making the difficult decision to resign) and my second choice was "scholar," but that was also taken. So, I just brazenly added "ace" and finally found an untaken user name--acescholar! [P.S. I don't use nearly as many parentheses and exclamation points in my scholarly works]
acescholar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-12, 12:42 PM  
Jewels5

double post

Last edited by Jewels5; 05-24-12 at 08:29 PM. Reason: double post
Jewels5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-12, 12:43 PM  
Jewels5

This is an enjoyable thread to read.

I was trying to be creative and incorporate my name (Julie) with the love for my 5 kids (my precious jewels/gems). So I came up with Jewels5.
Jewels5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-12, 01:19 PM  
Harantwanders

Mine is personal but like all the user names I choose on the internet except FB where I use my real name, my user name here is especially meaningful to me.

I was kind of taken aback re something said about it on VF a few days ago lol.

Glad I am not sensitive.
Harantwanders is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-12, 01:22 PM  
Sophie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pratima View Post
Pratima is my actual first name. I joined VF back in, I dunno, 1996? It was when we were still using the old software and everyone pretty much used their real names.
Yeah, me too, although I haven't been here as long as you - maybe 1998, 1999?

However, VF is the only forum where I use my real name! There are variations (eg, sophie_vf on Flickr) as well as a couple of aliases I use elsewhere - but this was the first internet forum I ever really participated in, and the one in which I have lasted the longest, which I think really says something about this community. Viva VF!

be as relaxed as you can be, as you do what you gotta do.

~erich schiffman
Sophie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-12, 01:23 PM  
sciencelady

I used to tutor grade school kids in science - they called me "Sciencelady" .
sciencelady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-12, 01:25 PM  
Kyra

Wow. Way back when, I did use my real name here; I got away from VF for a while and when I came back there was new software and I went with the name of my German Shepherd, Kyra. Always liked the name.

Certified Bulletproof Athlete
Kyra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-12, 01:27 PM  
Fidget Queen

Quote:
Originally Posted by msladybug View Post
When I was little my mom called me her "ladybug."
Years ago, she had a massive stroke that left her unable to speak or move. She knew she was terminal. So I told her that no matter what, we would always be connected. I suggested a pact using "ladybug" as a way to communicate. If I think of ladybugs, she would know I was thinking of her. And if a ladybug happens to land on my shoulder, I would know she was thinking of me.

You'd be surprised how many times I've had a ladybug land on my arm or shoulder. )))

My initials are MLB....so MLB became MsLadyBug.
That is incredibly sweet. It brought tears to my eyes
Fidget Queen is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
getting to know you, user name