Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 04-16-12, 11:25 AM  
zippity

The trainer who kept pestering me with his "fake friendly" to try to get me as a client, and the creepy worker who kept looking into the ladies' locker room (he got caught and fired, btw)...
zippity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-12, 12:00 PM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

All of the above, but especially smelly guys. Okay, I know it is a gym but you do not need to wear the same workout outfit all week and keep it in your gym bag in your car in between workouts. Ugh, the stench could bring you to your knees. Don't they smell it when they put on the clothes again?

That, and naked people strutting around in the locker room. I don't want to see it! Towel up. Fortunately most of the women in my gym don't do that but we used to have one who gave herself a complete breast exam every morning in the locker room mirror. It was gross and very uncomfortable.

And my personal pet peeve is the women who get on the stairmaster for an hour, hunched over and grabbing the handrails, butt sticking out and taking teeny steps on their tippytoes. It hurts to look at it. And I don't understand it.
Pat58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-12, 12:01 PM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

And farts. I HATE IT when somebody near me farts because anyone could think it was me.
Pat58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-12, 12:37 PM  
Dabbadooey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pat58 View Post
And farts. I HATE IT when somebody near me farts because anyone could think it was me.
The one who smelt it dealt it..lol..just messin' with ya!
Dabbadooey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-12, 01:30 PM  
msbuko

The hubby & me used to have memberships at the YMCA & dropped them partly because of rudeness. My main pet peeves were people who didn't sign up for machines but used them anyway. I was constantly confronting one woman who would always seem to be on a machine during my allotted time. She was pretty flippant & just hopped off & right on another where she would have to be confronted by someone else! I gave up using the weight machines when I'd have just started using one & some jerk would hover or stand almost on the machine giving heavy sighs like I was wasting their precious time! And yes, I did complain several times about people's behavior to no avail.
The kicker for me was when I was upstairs attending a weight loss meeting & my husband was downstairs doing what I thought was working out. I found out an hour later that apparently he hadn't eaten enough that day because he became very ill & lightheaded & attempted to walk back to our car. He made it about halfway across the parking lot ( it wasn't a very big lot ) & dropped in front of the first floor workout area right in front of a huge wall of windows. He said no one passing helped or even asked if he was ok & no one inside the windows bothered to acknowledge him. He finally mustered the strength after sitting there a while to get back in the building & the people at the front desk got him an orange & after he sat there a bit he was fine. I was extremely angry no one came to get me out of the meeting. He said he didn't tell anyone to get me, but he was out of it & very sick & he had me as an emergency contact on his file. I felt there was no excuse. It was just the last in a long line of rudeness, though. I gave the membership up & am quite happy working out at home now.
msbuko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-12, 01:36 PM  
bearcatfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dabbadooey View Post
The one who smelt it dealt it..lol..just messin' with ya!
Or as my sophisticated husband says, the smeller's the feller, lol.

I have a three month couple's membership to a gym that I won in a silent auction (a bargain for $37!). I'm a bit scared now to go ....
Old 04-16-12, 01:43 PM  
Daphne M

I don't belong in this thread at all, because this is not a peeve!

The thread reminded me of the absolutely gorgeous guy who was doing pull-ups next to me at the gym last week. Great smile, nice manners, awesome arms and the guy was in good shape. Sometimes the gym has a lot to offer.
Breast Cancer Survivor
Sneaking up on the next event
Daphne M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-12, 07:19 PM  
neatski

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daphne M View Post
I don't belong in this thread at all, because this is not a peeve!

The thread reminded me of the absolutely gorgeous guy who was doing pull-ups next to me at the gym last week. Great smile, nice manners, awesome arms and the guy was in good shape. Sometimes the gym has a lot to offer.
My current gym has SO much eye candy, and lots of people absolutely tearing it up Seriously, more "serious" exercisers than anywhere I've ever been before. Still, most of the women are on the cardio machines for an hour and a half.. but once in a while I see a woman doing some heavy lifting or heavy kettlebell work and I'm like, yeah!!!

The most effective workout is the one you're not doing right now!

neatski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-12, 07:32 PM  
Nuggie's Auntie

This thread is making me love my videos all the more...
Nuggie's Auntie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-12, 07:39 PM  
Harantwanders

Adding the biggest one I have, people who walk or run in the wrong direction on the indoor track. The direction changes each day and you can get to the free weight area by walking in the right direction halfway around, but some people are so lazy and rude they walk the shorter distance in the wrong direction. I also dislike people who do walking lunges (even in the right direction) and other slow exercises so that everyone walking and running is stopped dead and has to go around.

Lol, I'm done now.

I never see any eye candy in my gym, when I go, would rather work out alone.
Harantwanders is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
gym, pet peeves