Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-19-02, 04:52 PM  
Diavolobella
VF Supporter

Why do I come here

I come here because this forum is full of intelligent, kind, thoughtful, well spoken, open minded, generous spirited, patient, supportive, wise, sometimes weird (well, mostly me) and wonderful people. There are other good forums out there. There are other great forums out there. But as far as I'm concerned VF is the gold standard by which they are all measured. I'm proud to be a part of it, proud to continue to be a part of it and extraordinarily grateful to Wendy for creating it and the moderators for keeping it a fair and mature forum with an atmosphere of civility that is unequaled on the Internet. People tend to feel at home here and because of that, they treat it like their home. Many of us have come, over the years, to know others here in real life. It speaks volumes to me that VFers want to meet in person, continue to gather together in real life and form lasting, close, worthwhile personal relationships. I'm especially grateful for VF because it was here that I met people who have become my closest, dearest friends.

We've had fun times and rough times and confusing times here. We've had debates, celebrations, unbelievably funny moments, and sometimes hard patches when people weren't necessarily on their best behavior. That's because we are human beings and being so, imperfect. Even so, VF is a forum where even though we can have those moments we might regret, they are few and far between and over soon. The cool heads and warm hearts always conquer in the end. I wouldn't trade my experiences here for the world.

So, here's to Wendy, here's to the moderators and here's to ALL of us. I'm proud to know you.

"We all want the looooove...without the handles!" Tracy Effinger

DISCLOSURE: I have a professional relationship with a seller or producer of fitness videos or products. For details, please see my profile.
Diavolobella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-02, 05:11 PM  
Diavolobella
VF Supporter

And now....

To celebrate my eternal adoration and admiration of VF and all VFers, I present the Dancing Banana....

Dance, banana, dance!!

It's a beautiful thing.

DISCLOSURE: I have a professional relationship with a seller or producer of fitness videos or products. For details, please see my profile.
Old 10-19-02, 09:44 PM  
Diavolobella
VF Supporter

I post again

for no other reason than to make the Banana dance again. Admit it. You are all drawn to the Banana. It's sensuous, lithe, yellow fruity banananess is irresistable. In fact, you are staring at the banana now, aren't you? Don't think I don't see you staring at the banana. Looking at it's butt. Hey, and stop thinking about ice cream, hot fudge and nuts. You are not to think of the banana in that way. There are few things as delectably, relentlessly, magnetically appealing (appealing - ah haha) as a dancing banana. Perhaps it's power of attraction is only exceeded by that of the flaming weenies.

Bananas and weenies, together in one thread. You may as well give in. Resistance is futile. All will be assimilated. Go the way of the weenies...., submit to the weenies......be ONNNNNNNE with the weeniesssssssss...

Mwahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

Old 10-19-02, 10:24 PM  
KayB
VF Supporter

Squished bananas

Yes, bananas are a lovely fruit, delicious on cereal, slathered with peanut butter and yummy on their own. I find them to be the perfect before exercise food & after exercise too. But today I committed banana-a-cide. I squished 6 not so lovely brown mottled bananas who were attracting fruit flies and baked them in banana bread! Yum!
So be careful you little dancing banana or you'll end up like your friends, baked to perfection with your little friends the raisins!
Bwaaaahaaahaaaahaaaahaaaa!!!!
KayB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-02, 10:27 PM  
Diavolobella
VF Supporter

Pervert

Kay, you sicko!! You may think you can threaten the banana, but remember, it's defended by the flaming weenies, and nobody, I mean nobody makes Raisin Weenie Bread!!!

At least I hope not.....

...and if they do I'M sure not eating it.

snort!

Don't be surprised if you wake up in the dead of night to feel the cold grasp of a pair of peels wrapped around your throat!!! Mwahahahahaha!!! Shudder!!

Old 10-19-02, 11:00 PM  
Caroline Kim
VF Supporter

Cool I have to disagree...

...about the bananas, that is (just trying to be controversial). I hate bananas, but I love VF! Just the fact that I have met several VFers in person and instantly bonded speaks for itself. Sure, it's not going to be right for everyone, but I have found a home here. I find motivation here, spend some money, save some money, learn about the latest and greatest, meet lots of great people...what more could you ask for?
Old 10-19-02, 11:34 PM  
Loretta S.
VF Supporter

I've met some wonderful people from this board. And like Sharon said, it you'd told me a few years ago that I would be meeting people from an internet forum in New York City, Vancouver BC, Seattle and anywhere else, I'd have told you you were nuts. These wonderful people I've met are what makes VF great. That is what really makes this place a community.

I frequent this forum, for inspiration, validation, information and fun.

Thanks again to Wendy and everyone else for making this little corner of the internet a real community.
Old 10-20-02, 10:11 AM  
Carol L

Motivation....

is why I come here--you ladies(and gents)are one of the most motivated groups I've ever seen....

Suzette--please come join the Cardio Cross Trainer checkin! Try us--you'll like us!
Carol L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-02, 10:28 AM  
Randi
VF Supporter

Me too....

I could just say "me too" to many of the posts above, but briefly I come here because it's one of the few places I've found on the Internet where there are intelligent, savvy people talking about something I'm interested in! I love the ambiance and the community is terrific, in large part due to the efforts of Wendy and the moderators.
Old 10-20-02, 10:33 AM  
Laura S.
VF Supporter

I found this place because I was in search of information on the type of exercising I wanted to do -- exercising to video tapes. I found the information I was looking for, and more than I had hoped to find.

I stayed because of the people. It's a great place to plug in, and you can as much or as little as you want.

Laura S.
Laura S. is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
vf love