Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-19-02, 08:12 AM  
Cleda
VF Supporter

Exclamation And WHY do *I* frequent VF?

Because there's times I need motivation, love, kindness and support.... Because at 2 a.m. or 3 p.m., the board doesn't care if I come for a visit/read and listen!

And I like to talk about (or read) about Cycling, Andre, Coach Troy and fitness!

I came here this morning.... tired, sipping my coffee. Just been one of them thar weeks.... :rolleyes: We all have them. I know that.

Sooooo I come here to get motivated. To help others, to see if We're all SMILIN'! I haven't worked out in 3 days and quite frankly? Don't feel like working out this morning. I could hibernate from now till next May or June and be quite content.

But alas! that will not work. So, I plod over here to get "caught up" on my friends lives, workouts, etc. and hope to find some spark, some "hey .... I haven't done that video in awhile...." and maybe find some INKLING of motivation ..... Maybe post and help someone else. Maybe not. Maybe just post and be self-therapeutic..... (kinda like I'm doing now....) ....... Attitude -- it's contagious you know!

So, I answered Sassygirl. Will she use the info? Maybe not. Maybe I'm not her style. That's ok. But, she has helped me and doesn't even know it. Cuz I think I might just haul out Charlene's Women With Balls. Why? Cuz I LOVE my big ball and it's only 30 minutes long and it might just get me moving ... Any kind of movement is a good thing. Once I move for 30 minutes, I can move for 300 minutes..... it's just that initial getting going.

I check out what my friends are up to and of course, I have viewed the Seagull Century pictures about 150 times already. I've sent the link to friends and family members and told them, "Seeeeee my friends -- even though from the internet -- are WONDERFUL people!"

So, what am I saying? I dunno.... but I need to finish my morning coffee and I need to go workout. VF has been and will continue to be the backbone of my workout strength. Thank you Wendy and all who post here and make this place my home.....

and what would a post be without singing????? ready... here we go.......

We are family....... I got all my sistas with me........ We are family.........

Man I wish there were a VF gathering/event/function going on this weekend..... I could use the comradrie!

Cleda

PS..... Get that woman more coffee......
Cleda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-02, 08:27 AM  
lovemygirls
VF Supporter

Cool ahhh, thanks Cleda!!

I love your wit, your attitude, your enthusiasm, your insight.

Just a nice way to start the day!

Thanks again for the post!

Kerri

Be nice to your kids. They'll choose your nursing home
lovemygirls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-02, 08:54 AM  
SharonNYC
VF Supporter

I want to find out what everybody's up to.

It's a lot of fun to read about so many various fitness activities. I get great ideas about adapting programs to suit me and sometimes I know the answer to someone else's question.

It's a pretty supportive place. I never thought the day would come when I would be heading out to lunch with people I met through an internet forum. It's always been fun meeting other VFers and -- and easy -- since we already kind of know each other.

And then there are the tapes and the gadgets and the workout wear and the books......
I'm what I am, and what I am,
Is back on Boogie Street.

Leonard Cohen/Sharon Robinson "Boogie Street" 10 New Songs.

(I have a professional/personal relationship with an instructor who produces video and book material relevant to this site.)
SharonNYC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-02, 09:03 AM  
JennC
VF Supporter

I come here....

... to spend money

...to get motivation

...to give motivation (hopefully )

...to read about tapes that I have and never do so I can add them to my rotation next week (wishing there were more than 7 days in a week)

...to realize it's OK to skip a day or two or three of exercise when life gets in the way

...to be convinced that I need a body bar, weighted ball, inflatable ball, ankle weights, every pound dumbbell available

...to laugh and smile

I could go on and on.....
Old 10-19-02, 09:11 AM  
Suzette
VF Supporter

Cool I'm here because. . .

None of my girlfriends work out with videos and it's great to finally be able to chat with women who do use them.

It's nice to know that I am not the only one who sometimes gets so frustrated that they pull the tape out of the VCR and throw it across the room. (I believe this is called a Joni O).

You are all so friendly and supportive even though I haven't been here very long or posted very much.

You have given me the courage to try Cathe tapes. Ouch.

Thanks very much for everything. Right now I'm on a mission to work out regularly so I can post on the Check-In Boards. It's wonderful to have goals!!
Suzette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-02, 09:25 AM  
Sharonm
VF Supporter

Why I come here

I can talk about videos and fitness news that nobody else around me could care less about. I can mention the name Cathe or Christi to my family and they haven't got a clue. Well, they might have a little clue but they don't have that VF enthusiasm. I'm so excited about my new Cathe videos coming and they don't understand my desperation to have them now.
I come here for support and encouragement, friendship, see what new toys are out, whether the new Powerstrike ML 3 is any better than the first 2. Thanks to Julie, I know that it is and I'm getting it.
I wouldn't have as many videos if not for this place. Back in my pre-VF days, I didn't know about CIA, Christi, didn't know so many people exercised at home. I was the only one with a step and weights and went up in my little room with Kathy Smith and Jane Fonda. NOT.
This is the first site I log onto every morning and can't wait to find out what's new. I've said this before, it's like visiting an old friend.

ACE Group Fitness Instructor
Fit 4 Life
Sharonm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-02, 09:27 AM  
juneaucat
VF Supporter

To get and keep my motivation to continue to my weight loss goal

To find out all the latest trends and instructors

To keep in touch with a fabulous bunch of people who love exercise and VIDEOS as much as I do!
Old 10-19-02, 09:39 AM  
Cleda
VF Supporter

Hey Suzette....

Don't WAIT to join the Check-ins!

Pick one now and just DO IT......

I have learned over the years (with weight loss), that I can't wait till I'm at the perfect weight to do stuff (trust me -- I'd never be doing anything cuz I have yet to get there! LOL....) ....

Checking in kinda helps for the accountability..... so which comes first (think chicken or egg here...) ~~ Checking in and accountability.... or accountability and THEN joining the check in.

I say choose Door #1 and jump in both feet first! You won't be sorry.....

Cleda
Cleda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-02, 10:03 AM  
Debbie S.
VF Supporter

Cleda

I check VF every morning before I work out because of all the things that have already been mentioned here.

It's VFers like you that have given me the push that I've needed on days that I've wanted to stay in bed. The energy that's in all of your posts is very contagious and they always make me smile or even laugh out loud.

My b'day stash was burning a hole in my wallet and once I logged back on to VF it didn't take long for me to spend it. I just don't understand who would want jewelry when there's so many fitness gadgets out there. LOL...............................................
Don't Compare Yourself to somebody else. BE YOUR BEST! Chalene Johnson

A Spark of Hope

In memory of:
Michael Sparkman
October 11th, 2001-October 21st, 2008
Hope Fimiani
August 26th, 2006-October 13th, 2008
Debbie S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-02, 10:25 AM  
Bebop

I come here for all the reasons above!

I think you people are great!

I haven't worked out in 3 days - scheduling - even when I can't work out coming here keeps me motivated.

I save money too - I read your reviews ask questions before I buy. Since coming here - I haven't had a video I don't use.

But, I spend money too - I have increased my video collection considerably - but it probably works out to the same, if not less then a gym membership.

I hope that my posts help people and maybe make then chuckle - I appreciate everyone here that answers my questions.

My other friends don't exercise with videos - one of mine said she was using videos for a while because she couldn't get to the gym because of an injury. I asked her which ones - she told me but I could tell she didn't want to talk about them. All she said was she hoped she could get back to the gym fast.

I have to work out this weekend - I was planning a quick one but after coming here this morning - I am going to try to make up for my 3 days of inactivity - perhaps a little Cathe - Fitprime or maybe a combo of both!
Bebop is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
vf love