Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-11-12, 10:29 AM  
Marylandmom
VF Supporter

I think Bob may be a little perturbed because he's not the only "pretty boy" anymore on the show. I just watch it now because of Dolvett (excuse me why I swoon).
Marylandmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-12, 10:30 AM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

I lost interest a couple years ago. It is painful to watch people who should be undertaking a beginner's walking program being forced to run.
Pat58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-12, 11:04 AM  
iheartsts

I had no idea the new season started... Talk about over-saturation... Although I Dolvett, I think I'm done. It's just the same old stuff, different people...same drama... I've seen ads in magazines that Bob now has a weight loss pill, and that kind of means he's sold out as far as I'm -concerned, and I'm done with the whole thing.

Now if Dolvett puts out a video... hmmm...I'm on the no-buy for 2012 challenge, but I think I'd cave on that one.
Old 01-11-12, 11:15 AM  
Artist of Eyes

Hubby and I were talking about this last night. We watched something we had recorded and the Tv was turned into BL (the same station I watch news on). We agreed that although we watched 2 seasons and the first 2 episodes of the Fall 2011 season, we will not watch anymore. They really do need to teach these contestants about life-long choices and not chronic, throw up in a bucket, exercise and very low , super restrictive diets. They started jumping the shark I'm sure long before we tuned it, but with the extreme product placements and the fake "I'm pretending to be sooooo interested in hearing what cheerios can do for me" type of product discussions, it's old. As someone else said, there were a lot of botched weigh ins and even contestants walked off the show. It's about money and game playing. Like all other reality Tv shows, just bc there is a contestant base out there, doesn't mean the shows need to drone on. You can only do so much before it's the same thing, new season story line.

And Bob with the pills... loverly. I know I totally take someone as a trainer seriously when they're hocking weight loss potions and cure alls.

" We have to embrace who we are today. We have to say, this is me, and I can live a wonderful life today." FitBoop

"Walking is Man's Best Medicine for Life" Hippocrates

"Of all exercises walking is the best." Thomas Jefferson

"Thoughts come clearly while one walks." Thomas Mann
Artist of Eyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-12, 11:16 AM  
Sissy B

I haven't watched it in years.

~Sissy B
Sissy B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-12, 11:27 AM  
glavtx
VF Supporter

I watched it the first few years it was on, then stopped. I only saw one episode from last season, which was the next to last I think.

I have watched both episodes this year, and agree that Bob has become someone I don't like, and that they're pains in the rear with the product endorsements.
I also don't like the work so hard you throw up aspect. It gives people an unrealistic idea of what you have to do to lose weight and be healthy.

I'll probably still watch another week or two at least, even though it left me feeling sad last night.

If the only prayer you say in your life is Thank You, that would suffice.
Meister Eckhart

It is our resistance to things as they are that causes most unhappiness.

When you rise in the morning, give thanks for the light, for your life, for your
strength. Give thanks for your food and for the joy of living. If you see no
reason to give thanks, the fault lies in yourself. Tecumseh
glavtx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-12, 11:28 AM  
SpiritSong

I watched one or two seasons, but then got tired of the in-show commercials, the stupid temptation challenges (you're trying to lose weight, but eat nine cupcakes and you win immunity!), etc. I think the last straw was when I found out how contestants dehydrate themselves before weigh-ins.

In the end, they actually lose the weight by walking on the treadmill for hours. I guess that wouldn't make a very interesting show.
Old 01-11-12, 11:36 AM  
mtnmom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sissy B View Post
I haven't watched it in years.

~Sissy B
Neither have I. I thought it was cheesy - the tick-tock as they watched and waited for the scale to settle (diverting to commercial break and then re-watching the last 30-seconds over again), the light going off in the refrigerator when someone is voted off. Blech! I couldn't take a trainer who would take part in this show seriously.

I know lots of you love the show, or used to. I just couldn't stomach it.
Old 01-11-12, 12:02 PM  
mj476

I'm still watching although I admit I'm not into these contestants yet. The weigh-ins are actually better though. Some you don't see standing there and waiting to be weighed; they just show how much they lost. I haven't seen any in-show commercials yet. They did have the BL nutritionist on last night and gave a few practical suggestions like having an olive-oil based salad dressing instead of creamy ranch and not having pasta as a main dish but "flipping" it to a side dish and having a main protein and vegetables.

Marcy
Old 01-11-12, 12:07 PM  
glavtx
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by mj476 View Post
I haven't seen any in-show commercials yet.
You must have missed the two or three times she plugged the Jennie -O turkey! I know she did in the supermarket, at the house of the couple that didn't get into the ranch, and I think she did it again in the kitchen.

If the only prayer you say in your life is Thank You, that would suffice.
Meister Eckhart

It is our resistance to things as they are that causes most unhappiness.

When you rise in the morning, give thanks for the light, for your life, for your
strength. Give thanks for your food and for the joy of living. If you see no
reason to give thanks, the fault lies in yourself. Tecumseh
glavtx is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
biggest loser, reality shows, the biggest loser