Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 09-23-11, 07:06 PM  
buffmama

Don't completely discount Cathe. Her Basic Step and Body Fusion should fit the bill. It was my first Cathe and I still do it with a higher step. She cues and I think it is actually basic. This is one that I can't imagine giving up.

Loved Reebox the Video with Gin Miller. I did it so much I gave it up last year.
buffmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-11, 07:27 PM  
dnna

Richard doesn't lead but talks all the way through the workout, lol when he cries out - I LOVE tap up /tap down I just fall over laughing, In the Cher step there are so many fabulous lines- perhaps my favorite is "We look like the drill team from hell"- the music is so rocking in this one-mostly sung by Cher.
love!
dnna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-11, 07:32 PM  
bfit

Some simpler step workouts that I like are Kathy Smith's Buns and Thighs workout (an oldie but goodie) and Gilad's Step workout (also old, but I like it). newer one that is also good is the Debra Mazda step workout.
bfit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-11, 08:12 PM  
anne

Kathy Smith's Step Workout is a good basic step tape that is available on dvd.
anne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-11, 08:25 PM  
rosepetals

Thank you !!! Those workout ideas sound great. I will look for them on Amazon. I feel like a clutz, lacking coordination when I do workouts, but those sound perfect.
rosepetals is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-11, 08:25 PM  
katmom

Another vote for Gin Miller's Everybody Steps; this one is about as basic as any step workout and Gin breaks each move down.

Kari Anderson also has Go Step Workout for Beginners. This one is slightly more complex than Everybody Steps, but I think Kari cues this one well enough a beginner could pick it up easily.
Old 09-23-11, 08:45 PM  
LAC

Quote:
Originally Posted by buffmama View Post
Don't completely discount Cathe. Her Basic Step and Body Fusion should fit the bill. It was my first Cathe and I still do it with a higher step. She cues and I think it is actually basic. This is one that I can't imagine giving up.
I struggled with this one - took me a long time to figure out the "Around the World" move. Yes, I am that klutzy.
LAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-11, 08:50 PM  
rosepetals

I will have to keep my eyes open for these. Thanks again for all the ideas. There are so many I have to try out. Keep the ideas coming !!!
rosepetals is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-11, 08:53 PM  
cam522

What about Gilad's Step Aerobics it says it's intermediate/advanced but I find it very easy to follow because it has basic step moves and does them for quite sometime. The only thing is is that it isn't mirror cued. When Gilad says start with the right foot he starts with HIS right foot which would be your left but once you get use to that it's easy.

I am uncoordinated when it comes to step aerobics but after I mastered Cathe's Basic Step I moved on to this one and I love it.

...Cheryl
cam522 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-11, 08:54 PM  
alisoncooks

What about doing step with a Leslie? Modifying the moves to a step? *In my mind* that seems like it'd be a pretty easy transition...

I know some people have used the Powerfit dvds with a step (where Stephanie uses the band on the floor, just adding your step).
alisoncooks is online now   Reply With Quote

Tags
beginner step, easy choreography, simple cardio, slower step workouts, step aerobics