Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 09-21-11, 07:01 AM  
izzyp

Biggest Loser..What did you think?

I know it's a little to early to judge, but i am not feeling it this season. Anna has a way to go to prove her skills, Im not certain she is the right fit for this type of enviorment. The other male trainer seems like he might be comming off a little to hardcore as to fill in the void that Jillian once owned.

I am curious to know what your thoughts are about the Biggest Loser so far.
izzyp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-11, 08:30 AM  
gwenna

I don't think Anna did a very good job, I know the numbers aren't always there but for the first week, well her team did not do well! And I don't think it's just the age thing. The new trainer, well I can watch him but as for whether he'll be good or not, we'll see what happens. I think Bob's team has something of an advantage because he's been on the show forever and has honed what works for that environment, the other two may be good in the real world, but this is a different environment. I also didn't really click with any of the contestants yet, so we'll see.
gwenna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-11, 08:35 AM  
Hoodone

Poor Anna, folks have forever complained about the yelling and screaming at the contestants, then a kinder, gentler trainer comes on, gets the older set, and then her team does not do very well at the weigh in. The tough love has never bothered me and seems to work with these severely overweight people, so maybe the gentler approach is not the thing.

I like the twist that those voted off still get a chance to be the BL by winning the marathon. That gives them more incentive to keep training at home. Plus those who get voted off for political reasons still have a shot at the title.

The early shows are all about learning each contestant and seeing how they perform in the gym. I'm sure I'll have a few favorites soon. Right now I'm rooting for the tatoo artist since he's from Colorado.
Hoodone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-11, 08:38 AM  
Pie
VF Supporter

I enjoyed last night episode. So far, I like both new trainers. I knew that Anna would lose the weigh-in because of the age thing. To me, that played a huge role. One lady had a problem with her ankle and couldn't really put any weight on it. Also, you really can't push 60+ year olds without having some major concerns. Anna seemed a little phony but only time will tell. The new guy coach seem to really care about his team and wanted to celebrate any loss.

I especially like the marathon challenge. Even if you're eliminated early on, you still have an opportunity to be a finalist. That would truly motivate me.

I'm glad they eliminated the one lady. She was too negative and divisive for it only being the first week......

Also, did anyone see the scene where Hannah returns from last season? She looks amazing and has maintained her weightloss. It just shows that if you take the knowledge from the show and actually use it, you CAN be successful.....

Results are not made in the Comfort Zone........ - Mike Karpenko
Pie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-11, 08:50 AM  
Jane P.
VF Supporter

I enjoyed the show. I am worried about the seniors (being almost a senior myself). Is it their trainer, or does being older make it harder to lose? I hate the elimination process. It seems that those who need help the most are often voted off. Anna was more sympathetic than I expected, but I wonder about her effectiveness.

Does anyone know how they select candidates? When they held auditions in Denver, there were huge lines of people hoping to be on the show.
Old 09-21-11, 09:00 AM  
Cassy

I thought Anna came off very caring and I actually liked the change. I also really liked Dolvert and think it's going to be a great season.
Cassy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-11, 09:10 AM  
mle777

I thought it was a nice change. I didn't plan on watching the new season (just wanted to see the new trainers in action last night), but I may stick with it.

3x Tough Mudder
mle777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-11, 09:18 AM  
spufflez

Does anybody remember Sam from a previous season of Biggest Loser? He became engaged to Stephanie. He had an accident a couple of weeks ago where he fell from the roof of a 5 story building, and was in critical condition for a while.

Oh, and the family is setting up a trust fund to help with medical bills. Is it ok to post the link here?
spufflez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-11, 09:23 AM  
Pie
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by spufflez View Post
Does anybody remember Sam from a previous season of Biggest Loser? He became engaged to Stephanie. He had an accident a couple of weeks ago where he fell from the roof of a 5 story building, and was in critical condition for a while.

Oh, and the family is setting up a trust fund to help with medical bills. Is it ok to post the link here?
Oh my.... I hadn't heard this. This is so sad.....

Results are not made in the Comfort Zone........ - Mike Karpenko
Pie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-11, 10:34 AM  
caligurl

Quote:
Originally Posted by spufflez View Post

i don't see why not? it's not like anyone has to click on the link if they don't want and you aren't making anything off it?

gosh... if i had realized no one knew about sam i would have posted it right after it happened! i saw it on facebook like the day after and then bob's even posted about it...

as for other biggest loser's of the past news: ali has a show but i think it's a local market show. one of the networks (i want to say ABC?) it was on at midnight and it looks a lot like jillian's show where she goes to people's houses... i haven't watched it yet but i did record it... i'll see if i can find anything online that offers online watching!
it is NOT against the rules to say DIET on this forum!
-----
"VFers have a right to post negative opinions about an instructor,
and there is not a limit on the number of times they do so".
- WWWendy

-----
"...no matter how unpopular you perceive your opinion to be, we guarantee you
are not the only one here who holds that opinion, and you should feel free to express it."
- WWWendy via forum guidelines
caligurl is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
biggest loser, reality shows, the biggest loser