Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 09-16-11, 12:10 PM  
JP44

Quote:
Originally Posted by laurajhawk View Post
Some people seem so puzzled why a video instructor would do this. Folks, remember that these people aren't fulltime career-long video instructors. Most of them have been (and probably a majority still are) personal trainers or group instructors or both, and therefore, *this is how they teach*. If you're a personal trainer, you have to pay more attention to the client than to getting your own w/o in. If you're a successful group instructor, you need to make form corrections plus you're probably teaching too many hours a day to work out the whole time. So what we're seeing is the style they've developed and been successful with for their whole career.

Now for some of them, Cathe for example, video has become a big part of what they do and they've developed an effective video style that includes doing the whole workout. Good for them, and I'm not saying we shouldn't discuss what we like best (hey that's why we're here, well that and enabling ), but just saying it shouldn't be a big mystery why so many of the instructors stop to correct and/or to talk.

Excellent point!!

Joan
JP44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-11, 02:05 PM  
ladysaraii

Quote:
Originally Posted by imhere2dance View Post
I don't like it because it throws me off. We're both moving and all of a sudden the instructor stops. If it's my first time doing the workout, I might stop too for a second because I don't know what's going on. The only time it's never bothered me is when Kari Anderson does it in Curl.

This is how I feel. usually they stop when things are getting hard so I want to stop too.

I think you either need to do the workout or just walk around the whole time like Mari Winsor does

July 08 Cathe Road Trip
ladysaraii is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
instructor preferences, pet peeves