Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 07-14-11, 09:57 PM  
txfitmom

Instructors that yell in a drill instructor style-not motivating at all!

Really bad music

Instructors that don't actually do the workout

Workouts that are high impact or have a lot of jumping moves-just not gonna happen, too old for that

Really seriously overly happy instructors

Unbalanced workouts that neglect a particular body part or work one area too much

Relaxing workouts that are so mellow I could fall asleep-usually what happens so I avoid them, if I want to sleep I will go to bed

Workouts with voiceovers instead of the instructor actually leading the workout with their own voice as they are doing the moves-I feel like I am watching a documentary

Workouts that use too much equipment or things that I don't have like barbells

Workouts that move so fast that I literally trip over myself trying to keep up-or maybe I am just moving slower in my old age

Excessive counting in workouts...I don't need to hear the number for every rep over and over and over

Workouts that are too short (30 minutes or less total)-just not worth the money, I want at least a couple of workout options if I am going to fork over the cash

Lack of premixes-if there are premixes I tend to hit the buy button sooner
txfitmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-11, 01:05 AM  
MomOf2Gremlins

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eibhinn View Post
I gotta admit, I also find myself mesmerized and distracted by really unnatural bolt-ons. And not in a good way.
That's just it, distracting!

Oh and #4 for me would be *music that isn't motivating/doesn't fit

"Change what you can. Accept what you can't. Live peacefully with all that's left."

MomOf2Gremlins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-11, 11:09 AM  
SandyT

I, too, dislike the New Age chatter. It distracts me when the instructor tells me to "lengthen the space between my ears while breathing through the earth as my spirit becomes kind to my body". Huh??? Oh yeh...he means I should do a downward dog!

But the thing I dislike the most is the revealing photos on the cover of the dvd. Is that really necessary? I have 4 guys in the house that don't need to be contemplating air brushed perfection. What future wife would ever be able to measure up???
SandyT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-11, 11:21 AM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eibhinn View Post
I gotta admit, I also find myself mesmerized and distracted by really unnatural bolt-ons. And not in a good way.
ROTF over "bolt-ons!" HA HA HA HA

A cover can turn me off. Janis Saffel's Brand New Butt and More looked so good in the clips but that cover was cheese to the power of 10!

Anything strip tease or Flirty Girl.

I'm also done with all things Power, Insane, Impact, Turbo, and Cycled and anything requiring equipment.
Pat58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-11, 11:44 AM  
laurajhawk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pat58 View Post
Janis Saffel's Brand New Butt and More ....
Which reminds me ... titles that I could not possibly tell anyone I was working out to are a turn-off.

Yoga teacher, in presence of my male co-workers: What are you doing now that you've finished P90X?
Me: Er uh ... just some other workouts
Me (mentally): I am so not going to say I'm doing Brazil Butt Lift

"Don't say 'I can't' ... say 'I presently suck at this thing.'" - Matt Meese, BYU Divine Comedy
laurajhawk is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
pet peeves, twisting