Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-13-11, 07:29 PM  
Steve4404

Kettlebell workouts

Hi:

I have both Providence and Newport from Art of Strength and they are both very tough and have a high dread factor for me. Anthony is a great instructor although his style is sort of deadpan and not very inspiring. I agree that their prices are high. I have heard of a new kettlebell series called Skogg. It is only 30 min or so per workout, I might get it. Have any of you tried Skogg? If so, how does it compare to AOS?
Steve4404 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-11, 07:43 PM  
daisysunshine

Okay - just answering all these questions:

1: KBW #1 and Providence is the same workout. KBW however does the "Ladder" system (so 5 snatches, 5 snatches, 4, 3, 3, 2, 2, 1 until the timer ends) where as Providence is just do Snatches for 2 minutes or whatever.

I did two reviews on the Kettlebody System (YogaBurn/Cardio kettlebell). The Cardio Kettlebell is awesome 30 minutes, kick your butt good. and will compliment both discs (if you like yoga YAY or sculpting YAY). Fusion has a 30 minute athletic drill and 2 10 minute KB workouts to it as well to consider if you aren't a yoga/sculpting person

But REALLY, I would get butts and guts. No word of a Lie, I do this workout two times a week, every week, pretty much without fail (I alternate between the old version and the new version). I like the old version better myself.

...right now you're saying, no i can't do this. you should know by now i don't train that way - Dasha Libin

offering the two tracey mallet dance workouts, pm me.
daisysunshine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-11, 08:19 PM  
A-Bot
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by daisysunshine View Post
Okay - just answering all these questions:

1: KBW #1 and Providence is the same workout. KBW however does the "Ladder" system (so 5 snatches, 5 snatches, 4, 3, 3, 2, 2, 1 until the timer ends) where as Providence is just do Snatches for 2 minutes or whatever.
Thanks so much for answering this! Sounds like eventually I'll need both!
Old 05-13-11, 09:17 PM  
Missiscipi

Quote:
Originally Posted by daisysunshine View Post
But REALLY, I would get butts and guts. No word of a Lie, I do this workout two times a week, every week, pretty much without fail (I alternate between the old version and the new version). I like the old version better myself.
I did this once a week for months and I know it improved my cardio endurance and my legs, core and butt

Just to let ya'll know...the original Butts and Guts isn't produced any longer so I don't know easy it will be to find. I know Brook doesn't sell it anymore.
Missiscipi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-11, 09:27 PM  
daisysunshine

oh that makes me so sad. The Original was my favourite. FAVOURITE. Oh well. The new one is v. similar

...right now you're saying, no i can't do this. you should know by now i don't train that way - Dasha Libin

Old 05-14-11, 10:20 AM  
pricek

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rozy View Post
I did this once a week for months and I know it improved my cardio endurance and my legs, core and butt

Just to let ya'll know...the original Butts and Guts isn't produced any longer so I don't know easy it will be to find. I know Brook doesn't sell it anymore.
I forgot that I have this workout sitting in a drawer unopened! I'm so glad I opened this thread. I realized why I never used it, I don't own a kettlebell! Can this workout be done with a dumbbell until I purchase a kettlebell next week? Thanks!
pricek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-11, 10:36 AM  
daisysunshine

I don't see why not! and actually you can totally do it WITHOUT a kettlebell too

Old 05-14-11, 11:25 AM  
pricek

Awesome! I think I'll try it today! Thanks daisysunshine!
pricek is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
kettlebell, kettlebell workouts