Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-11-11, 11:45 AM  
caligurl

Quote:
Originally Posted by icebergslim View Post
I actually like the Bob Harper kettlebell workouts and it is not as expensive as the other ones. I got mine's at Sam's Club for 8.88 and that was for each workout.

do you like both of bob's? i had both.... but returned the 2nd one upopened cuz after doing his other one the first time i was put off by his form.... well then i redid it and don't follow his form and decided i do like the workout after all! it's a great cardio/calorie burn workout!i didn't go back and buy the other one cuz a few reviews had said it wasn't as good as the one i did (cardio shred)..... so should i rebuy sculpted body? is it good?
it is NOT against the rules to say DIET on this forum!
-----
"VFers have a right to post negative opinions about an instructor,
and there is not a limit on the number of times they do so".
- WWWendy

-----
"...no matter how unpopular you perceive your opinion to be, we guarantee you
are not the only one here who holds that opinion, and you should feel free to express it."
- WWWendy via forum guidelines
caligurl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-11, 12:04 PM  
Missiscipi

I like Cardio Shred more than Sculpted Body.

I second (or third) Brook's Butts and Guts, it is a lighter bell kettlebell-esque workout and non stop kick you in the butt! I use a 20lb kettlebell for it but alot of people use around 15lbs.
Missiscipi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-11, 12:06 PM  
A-Bot
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rozy View Post

I second (or third) Brook's Butts and Guts, it is a lighter bell kettlebell-esque workout and non stop kick you in the butt! I use a 20lb kettlebell for it but alot of people use around 15lbs.
Hi Rozy! I know you know a lot about KB workouts - is Providence harder than KBW #1. I heard it is, even though it's basically the same workout. Could you tell me why? Thanks so much!
Old 05-11-11, 12:15 PM  
Missiscipi

Quote:
Originally Posted by A-Bot View Post
Hi Rozy! I know you know a lot about KB workouts - is Providence harder than KBW #1. I heard it is, even though it's basically the same workout. Could you tell me why? Thanks so much!
Hi! I have Providence but not KBW #1. I think Buffgirl has all three and she talks about KBW #2 the most (in the checkin).
Missiscipi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-11, 12:32 PM  
caligurl

Quote:

thanx, rozy!!! brook's is on list... it's actually in my cart at mary's.... but i'm still trying to decide what else to buy with it to make it over $19.....

a part of me wants to go ahead and just get brook's new 3 dvd one.... but then, i could just go ahead and get another AOS? or maybe amy's? UGH! decisions! decisions!
-----
- WWWendy

-----
are not the only one here who holds that opinion, and you should feel free to express it."
Old 05-11-11, 12:45 PM  
A-Bot
VF Supporter

Quote:
Hi! I have Providence but not KBW #1. I think Buffgirl has all three and she talks about KBW #2 the most (in the checkin).
Thanks! Maybe I'll have to hunt down Buffgirl and ask her
Old 05-11-11, 12:54 PM  
jacmar

I have yet to breakout all the KB workouts I received for Christmas (!) but how are you ladies working these into a rotation?

TIA
jacmar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-11, 03:21 PM  
rose2boys

Thanks for all the suggestions...

I think I'm going to get AOS - Kettlebell Way set vol 1&2 (should I bother w/both or just get vol2?) and then something more "light hearted" like Brooke Benton. BUT should I get Butts & Guts or Kettlebody or both?

Also, does Mary have a coupon going on now? I saw the AOS one (thanks!), but if i order Booke also it's the same $ and i can order both from the same place.

Thos should be more than enough til new Paul Katami's!
rose2boys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-11, 03:25 PM  
icebergslim

Quote:
Originally Posted by caligurl View Post
do you like both of bob's? i had both.... but returned the 2nd one upopened cuz after doing his other one the first time i was put off by his form.... well then i redid it and don't follow his form and decided i do like the workout after all! it's a great cardio/calorie burn workout!i didn't go back and buy the other one cuz a few reviews had said it wasn't as good as the one i did (cardio shred)..... so should i rebuy sculpted body? is it good?
I like cardio shred better than the sculpted body workout, but it is doable for me. And these dvds are not that expensive so I can't complain. I was skeptical on getting Bob's workouts because I did not click with this inside/out workouts and got rid of them, but I was satisifed with his kb workouts.
icebergslim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-11, 03:30 PM  
caligurl

Quote:
Originally Posted by icebergslim View Post
I like cardio shred better than the sculpted body workout, but it is doable for me. And these dvds are not that expensive so I can't complain. I was skeptical on getting Bob's workouts because I did not click with this inside/out workouts and got rid of them, but I was satisifed with his kb workouts.

that seems to be the consensus (spelling???) so if i find it cheap (sam's club cheap or cheaper) i'll get the sculpted body one again... but won't pay target or mary price for it!

thanx!
-----
- WWWendy

-----

Tags
kettlebell, kettlebell workouts