Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-10-11, 09:14 PM  
ots

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carol L View Post
Does anyone actually have the Xtreme Step workout? I've always wondered about that one. I'm 52 now and feel like I have to be somewhat cautious with these old knees, but I still love to do step.
I have the Xtreme Step and was annoyed by it. Two things, he names some moves different from everyone else and there's too much alternating knees while he demos some long section with no breakdown. It seems like you'd get a better workout by breaking it down just a little with the participants following and then put it together in a combo.

I'm usually very tolerant of people's idiosyncrasies - but, failing to breakdown a 64-count move but demo-ing more than once is just annoying.

However, since we're talking about it, maybe I'll give it another chance...
ots is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-11, 03:28 PM  
A-Bot
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by aunatural View Post
I was curious about this so I googled it and watched the clip on Fitness Organica. It does look like fun but there is just no way I could learn that. Kudos to you. I watched some other clips and some of those workouts are really different. I was really tempted by several but kept gravitating back to Carlos' All Cardio Latin Explosion because it was the one that felt doable to me.
Oh my gosh, totally unrelated, but I just saw your new profile pic - SO CUTE!!!!!!!!!
Old 02-13-11, 03:42 PM  
FitBoop
VF Supporter

The only time I ever gave up on a step tape was with Patrick Goudeau. I almost threw it across the room!
FitBoop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-11, 04:33 PM  
roz

I have Xtreme Step and have never done it. If anyone would like to try it PM me.

warning: Xtemely difficult!
roz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-11, 07:19 PM  
acescholar

Quote:
Originally Posted by ots View Post
I have the Xtreme Step and was annoyed by it. Two things, he names some moves different from everyone else and there's too much alternating knees while he demos some long section with no breakdown. It seems like you'd get a better workout by breaking it down just a little with the participants following and then put it together in a combo.

I'm usually very tolerant of people's idiosyncrasies - but, failing to breakdown a 64-count move but demo-ing more than once is just annoying.

However, since we're talking about it, maybe I'll give it another chance...
Wow, the live clip looks really fun (I can't seem to get a clip of the actual workout dvd) but crazy fast! How close is the clip to the dvd? He does a lot of what Cathe calls "cross country," a move I like.

It seems that you'd really have to memorize the steps since the pace is so quick. Then, I'm guessing you could actually do the steps along with him while he demos rather than just alternating knees?
acescholar is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
complex choreography, complex step, favorite step, step, step aerobics, step workouts