Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 02-07-11, 04:26 PM  
bearcatfan

The most complicated step workout ever?

As I am getting more into complex step, it's getting easier. I did a bit of a Seasun workout today, and it wasn't too bad! Patrick Goudeau, however, still scares me.

Just for giggles, what is the most complicated, mind-blowing step routine you've ever seen on dvd?
Old 02-07-11, 04:41 PM  
shelleyann

Amy Bento's and Seasun Zieger for sure!
Oh wait...Michelle Dozois and Tracy York's older dvd called Step it Off!

Exercise should enhance your life! It should make you feel good & be fun, not drudgery or a beating.

"When you arise in the morning, think of what a precious privilege it is to be alive-to breathe, to think, to enjoy, to love." Marcus Aurelius
shelleyann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-11, 04:43 PM  
Helen

Amy Bento's Advanced Step Challenges for me.
• Resistance training is critical. 💯

¹ Walk first
² Weights next
³ Cardio for fun
⁴ Add stretch & balance.
Helen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-11, 04:57 PM  
acescholar

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearcatfan View Post
Just for giggles, what is the most complicated, mind-blowing step routine you've ever seen on dvd?
More like tears than giggles! The most complicated step that I stuck with (and am glad I did) was Cathe's Higher Intensity Step (from 4 Day Split). The most complex step that I gave up on was Amy Bento ASC 2 and 3. I may try these again, but I have to be in a really really patient state of mind!
acescholar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-11, 05:03 PM  
ldy_solana

i had that michelle and tracy dvd both actually. i never could pull it off. i tried amy's and couldn't pull that off. and while for the most part i could pull off christi's i could never do her fantastic four workouts. i give up with complicated step routines. if i want to learn a workout i stick with dance routines. i usually do those for fun but i am going to break my neck trying to step like that LOL.

DISCLOSURE: I have a professional relationship with a seller or producer of fitness videos or products. For details, please see my profile.
ldy_solana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-11, 05:10 PM  
aunatural

Quote:
Originally Posted by ldy_solana View Post
...and while for the most part i could pull off christi's i could never do her fantastic four workouts.
I bought her Fantastic Four DVD when I first started doing step. I had mastered Cathe's Low Impact Step and Body Fusion and thought I was hot stuff. I started previewing the workouts on the Fantastic Four DVDs and literally could not stop laughing at some of the combinations because I knew there was no way I was going to be able to follow along. One thing I learned from LIS is that changing direction and too many turns in a workout are not my forte. My head was spinning trying to keep up with some of what she was doing. I did not even attempt the workouts and promptly sold the DVD on Amazon.

2014 Goal- Be consistent! Embrace yoga!
aunatural is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-11, 05:12 PM  
Jennifer R
VF Supporter

I usually don't have trouble with Patricks (except for one step in CIA99something, up-up-down-down but actually very complex), but Seasun had me throwing up my hands in short order.

"I used to be disgusted, now I try to be amused"--Elvis Costello
Jennifer R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-11, 05:50 PM  
neatski

I think Seasun's Stepping Up is pretty darn complex. Actually, Amy's Advanced Step Challenge 2 is LESS complex but the cuing is so much poorer that it took me longer to learn.

The most effective workout is the one you're not doing right now!

neatski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-11, 06:04 PM  
MM-Om

Tracey-ITA, Fantastic Four is very though, I can not get the steps !. I kept the dvd, as I hope one day I will finally get it Love the music in this one and you also can't beat the price.
Old 02-07-11, 06:15 PM  
jenn38

Not your momma's step. I'm still working on combo one. Stepping up is also super complex but so much fun. Still learning that one too. And Amy's. KCM step-kickboxing is the only one I disliked and got rid of it. Couldn't follow it at all.

Tags
complex choreography, complex step, favorite step, step, step aerobics, step workouts