Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-25-10, 10:47 AM  
oltlfan

It seems like the original Walk Away The Pounds videos had a lot of work put into them with the pacing and music, but it seems like some of the later ones were just thrown together.

The 3-mile walk in this set, I can do with no problem. But some of the other 3-mile sets where she goes so fast, I can't keep up. Maybe when I get into really good shape.
oltlfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-10, 11:24 AM  
Mopsy
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhyllisG View Post
I was interested in the Muscle Mile walk but then I saw on both amazon and totalfitness that the actual DVD in the box was Walk Diet and not Muscle Mile. What is that about. Is there such a dvd actually titled Muscle Mile?

Dunno, but there is a "Power Mile" on the 5-Day Fit Walk dvd. I'll go do it right now. I have 20 minutes to kill and I need to work out some kinks from painting a bedroom wall
Old 12-25-10, 11:42 AM  
Nanny

Check out Intensity Walk

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhyllisG View Post
I was interested in the Muscle Mile walk but then I saw on both amazon and totalfitness that the actual DVD in the box was Walk Diet and not Muscle Mile. What is that about. Is there such a dvd actually titled Muscle Mile?
This one has Walk & Jog, Super Challenge 4 Miles, and Muscle Mile. Mary has it for $9.99.

http://http://www.totalfitnessdvds.com/Leslie-Sansone-Walk-Away-The-Pounds-Intensity-Walk-p/2059.htm
Nanny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-10, 11:54 AM  
Mopsy
VF Supporter

Okay, I just did "Power Mile". There's a 2-minute warmup, then about 10 minutes of brisk walking with the blue balls (single pace, no tempo changes) then at about the 13-minute mark she slows down , then at about the 16-minute mark she does a few stretches, and it's done by 18 minutes. Leslie is actually pretty mellow and soft spoken in this one. There were times I couldn't hear her (but that may have been because of my furnace). It's her and two other walkers.

Also, the "High Calorie Burn" I mentioned earlier is listed as "High Energy Burn" on the disc menu, but "High Calorie Burn" on the disc cover and title/opening scene of the workout.
Old 12-25-10, 04:41 PM  
Sara1000

Muscle Mile One can also be purchased separately on ebay and probably Amazon. Ebay has it on auction as low as 3.99 with free shipping.
Sara1000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-10, 05:19 PM  
alisoncooks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mopsy View Post
Phyllis,

The one I did yesterday was "High Calorie Burn". I have it on the "WATP 5-Day Fit Walk" compilation dvd. I think it was really cheap at Mary's site and it has (surprise!) five different workouts on it
I think this is a great dvd. I always list it as my fave Leslie. The Intensity Walk Compilation is a 2nd fave.
alisoncooks is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-10, 05:53 PM  
2ndgen

My aunt loves the older Leslie's but the only ones I like are the 4-mile and 5-mile one.
2ndgen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-10, 08:24 PM  
Paula
VF Supporter

The 2 mile High Calorie Burn with the blue balls is my fave as well. The ones with the weighted balls seem well reasoned out. Some of the others, like the Express where she uses the resistance bands seem thrown together as someone else said. Still others, such as the Walk Diet, the production is just plain poorly done.
Paula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-10, 10:13 PM  
PhyllisG

[QUOTE=Sara1000;1694969]Muscle Mile One can also be purchased separately on ebay and probably Amazon. Ebay has it on auction as low as 3.99 with free shipping.[/QUOTe

The reviews on amazon and also a statement on totalfitness says that the box says Muscle Mile One but the dvd is actually the Walk Diet. There are lots of complaints on amazon about this. Totalfitness lets you know that the dvd is not the one described on the box. I don't know about ebay.
PhyllisG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-10, 05:14 AM  
imhere2dance

I like a mix of slow and fast walks.
imhere2dance is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
leslie, leslie ball weights, leslie sansone, muscle mile one, walk diet, walking workouts, which leslie is this?