Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-28-10, 08:12 PM  
Sarah-lara
VF Supporter

Anybody else waiting on a Fitbit?

My order status has said, "expected to ship in mid-June" for a month. I wrote them days ago and received no reply. This is usually when I get upset and cancel, but I thought I'd ask if this is common first.
Old 06-28-10, 08:26 PM  
PLS

I am not waiting on a Fitbit. But when I ordered mine it said shipping March 30 which turned into April, and it finally shipped in May. I had originally got an email that they had changed companies that were making something for the Fitbit because the quality at the original place was subpar. I have to say I really like mine and DH likes his too. And although his went through a load of laundry 8-O and mine fell into a clean toilet twice, they are still ticking. It has been very enlightening on the sleep part. Especially for DH. HTH's
PLS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-10, 08:29 PM  
mountaingal

Sarah,

I'm waiting too. Given that the initial products were back-ordered, I didn't except mine to ship on time.
I haven't contacted them yet for any updates but am starting to get anxious.
Please post if you hear anything back from them.

Cynthia
mountaingal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-10, 09:25 PM  
Mary09(b)

Sarah- When did you order? It looks like people with May 17 order dates are now receiving theirs. There's a thread on the General forum there that people keep updating. It's probably a lot more help than their email addresses they give out.
Mary09(b) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-10, 09:31 PM  
Gyggles1

I got mine a few weeks ago and really like it and really glad I didn't cancel it. I do love the sleep part of it but sometimes forget to put it back on after changing after work, bath, etc.

I was wondering when they were shipping the next orders too because a friend of mine just ordered a couple of weeks ago and its still saying "mid June".

Good to know falling into a toilet. Where do you wear your fitbit ? I was wearing mine on my jeans pocket & it fell off many times Im so lucky I didn't lose it, now I wear it on my belt loop of my pants & that seems to work good.

Love this message by Jessica Smith
"every step you take is one step closer to your goal"
Gyggles1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-10, 10:27 PM  
atiman

It takes a few days to get a response from them. I read that they were backed up with emails.

I got mine a week ago. I had a mid ship date of June 15th. I ordered towards the end of April. I got an email to confirm that I still wanted it. After confirmation it was here in 2 days.

I really like mine, too. I have forgotten to put it back on after changing clothing.

I looped a small elastic band on the Fitbit. Then, I pin the elastic loop to my garment as a back up. It's so easy to forget that I have it on. I have also worn the Fitbit on the center of my bra up front.
atiman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-10, 07:33 AM  
Sarah-lara
VF Supporter

Thanks for the info. I ordered in early June, so it looks like I have more patience to practice. Not my strong suit, but I'll give it a shot.
Old 06-29-10, 07:46 AM  
PLS

The times mine fell into the toilet it was on my pants waistband. Now I wear it on my bra in the center or on the strap, no more problems with it falling off. DH's went in the wash because he took his and put it on his shirt instead of his belt loop.
PLS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-10, 08:18 AM  
Mary09(b)

I used to wear mine on my bra because I was paranoid of losing it. After five+ months of wearing it, I'm just always conscious of it there so I wear it mostly on my waistband now. I do have to pay attention to it, especially when pulling pants down.

They've never been quick with emails. I used to wait almost a week to hear back from them about the problems my first (malfunctioning) Fitbit had. That was really annoying.

I get the feeling it's a shoestring operation and will stay that way until they hit some sales number. At least I'm hoping they get more people (and improve their food/activity databases) someday. Even if it was a subscription option.
Mary09(b) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-10, 12:02 PM  
Sarah-lara
VF Supporter

Cynthia,
the email I got said to expect shipping by mid-July.

Tags
fitbit