Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 10-09-09, 08:02 AM  
Laura S.
VF Supporter

Fun Friday Thread - Fun Vidiot-Only Moments on VF

I was chuckling this morning as I read the "It's here!" thread on AHB. I didn't order the set and have no intention of ordering it, but it was a fun read with everyone checking in waiting for the latest information to be posted.

Then, I wandered over to the "Describe your collection" thread and chuckled at the descriptions and the pictures being posted. Along with many others, I scanned people's pictures to see what they have and how they group them. Would anyone off of VF understand this? I think not. And, I laughed out loud at the post saying she was going to send the link to the thread to her husband who had said something negative when she hit 20 workouts.

What fun moments have you enjoyed on VF? What kinds of posts/threads make you chuckle?

Laura's Workout Mantras:

Something is better than nothing
The best workout is the one you will DO
Laura S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-09, 08:42 AM  
binky10

My nomination for funniest VF thread was the one about Anna and the Ben-Wa balls
binky10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-09, 11:27 AM  
AZY
VF Supporter

Anything by Alta....
AZY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-09, 02:32 PM  
Mandy

I thought it was amusing when a VF'er put her Karen Voight Green Genie Balls in her suitcase on an airplane and it made a big deal in security because they thought they were bombs!

The Flaming weanie thread was the funniest of all when a VF'er replaced the word Weenie into all the exercise video title's. Anyone have that thread bookmarked? I couldn't find it!

I thought the thread on the weirdest video titles or craziest set and most strange workout attire was funny.

and the "what do you think the instructor does after the workout" thread was hilarious!!!

I laughed at one post when a VF'er said she wished she could give Jari Love a big sandwhich
Mandy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-09, 04:39 PM  
Dorothy J
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mandy View Post
I thought it was amusing when a VF'er put her Karen Voight Green Genie Balls in her suitcase on an airplane and it made a big deal in security because they thought they were bombs!

The Flaming weanie thread was the funniest of all when a VF'er replaced the word Weenie into all the exercise video title's. Anyone have that thread bookmarked? I couldn't find it!

I thought the thread on the weirdest video titles or craziest set and most strange workout attire was funny.

and the "what do you think the instructor does after the workout" thread was hilarious!!!

I laughed at one post when a VF'er said she wished she could give Jari Love a big sandwhich
Good list, Mandy! Thanks for reminding me of these! I laugh a lot when I read the posts here, but with my menopausal collander brain, it just doesn't stay long enough for me to recall...

"You want to go into life feeling great, feeling strong, and as you get older, feeling even stronger!" Gin Miller
Dorothy J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-09, 07:57 PM  
bzar
Exchange Moderator

i started a thread about the firm saga. only you guys would appreciate it, though.

another one was about my MIL watching me use a video. again, only you guys would understand.

Miyagi: Wax on, right hand. Wax off, left hand. Wax on, wax off. Breathe in through nose, out the mouth. Wax on, wax off. Don't forget to breathe, very important.
[walks away, still making circular motions with hands] ~ Pat Morita, The Karate Kid, 1984

disclosure: in the years 2002-2004 i had a professional relationship with a distributor of fitness videos; see profile.
bzar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-09, 11:18 AM  
Vintage VFer
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZY View Post
Anything by Alta....
Thanks! I didn't see this thread until today.

There have been countless hilarious threads here at VF. If I had to pick one of my favorites, it would be the "Pootin' Yogini" thread.

And, of course, any flax-related threads.

POSTURE CHECK!
Vintage VFer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-09, 02:34 PM  
Laura S.
VF Supporter

Alta - Just watching your pictures can be entertainment in and of itself. My favorite was you by the highway sign for the town Alta.

Laura's Workout Mantras:

Something is better than nothing
The best workout is the one you will DO
Laura S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-09, 02:40 PM  
kali1

Alta, your current pic is hysterical. BTW...can I have a bite of your cake too?

The thread "*Another* Bikini workout?" is gold too.
kali1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-09, 02:42 PM  
bzar
Exchange Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laura S. View Post
What fun moments have you enjoyed on VF? What kinds of posts/threads make you chuckle?
i like the ones in bargain where someone says they saw a workout in a chain store and everyone all over the country goes and scouts the location in their city.

DH usually goes "...well, how is it that you KNOW it's in sam's/ross/walmart/target/k-mart/costco, etc. ???"

Miyagi: Wax on, right hand. Wax off, left hand. Wax on, wax off. Breathe in through nose, out the mouth. Wax on, wax off. Don't forget to breathe, very important.
[walks away, still making circular motions with hands] ~ Pat Morita, The Karate Kid, 1984

disclosure: in the years 2002-2004 i had a professional relationship with a distributor of fitness videos; see profile.
bzar is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
vf history