Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 01-22-09, 07:20 AM  
Valancy

Is there a thread comparing Leslie's 5 mile walks?

And if there isn't, can we start one?

I am so confused trying to sort out the descriptions of all of her new walks. Plus, I'm on dial-up, so looking at clips online takes forever and a day.

What I want is another walk like her first 5 mile walk, where all of the miles are distinct. I want to see other walkers with Leslie, and costume changes from mile to mile are a good thing. Are any of her new walks similar to that one?

Oh, and if it DOESN'T include the Everybody song, that would be a good thing too.

Help?
Old 01-22-09, 07:24 AM  
lissalaurel76

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valancy
And if there isn't, can we start one?

I am so confused trying to sort out the descriptions of all of her new walks. Plus, I'm on dial-up, so looking at clips online takes forever and a day.

What I want is another walk like her first 5 mile walk, where all of the miles are distinct. I want to see other walkers with Leslie, and costume changes from mile to mile are a good thing. Are any of her new walks similar to that one?

Oh, and if it DOESN'T include the Everybody song, that would be a good thing too.

Help?
5 Day Slim Down has distinct miles, each one having it's own focus (abs, arms, etc...) , however it is Leslie all by herself in that one.

Her 5 Mile Fat Burning Walk has Leslie with background exercisers, except for the 1st mile I think it's just her IIRC. Each mile ends in a 2 mile jog.
Old 01-22-09, 08:02 AM  
Lucky Star
VF Supporter

I'd go with her 5 Mile Fat Burning Walk. The miles are fast, and the music and outfits change. She is alone for the first and last mile, with different background exercisers for miles 2-4. The set is her recent dark one, if it matters to you.
Lucky Star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-09, 09:43 AM  
Valancy

Thank you. I've marked the 5 Mile Fat Burning Walk in my Collage catalogue.

One more question- The WATP 5 Day Fit Walk - those are just the old walks from the WATP series, right? The Collage catalogue says that "all the programs feature a large class", but my Walk and Kick is just Leslie, Mary-Kay, Sandy and Beth. I'm guessing that Collage just goofed a tiny bit in their description.
Old 01-22-09, 10:08 AM  
Lucky Star
VF Supporter

The 5 Day Fit Walk is a mish-mosh of easy, earlier Leslie 1- and 2-mile workouts, including 2 from her first Walk Away the Pounds series, so not intense at all. It's a good beginner's sampler I guess.
Her (similar) 3 Day Intensity collection is much better but Collage doesn't carry it. It contains her popular 4 Mile Super Challenge and Walk & Jog, along with a 1-mile workout (Power Mile or Muscle Mile, can't remember which).
Lucky Star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-09, 10:29 AM  
ssgilby

Lucky Star - Where is Leslie's 3-Day Intensity Collection available? I don't remember seeing it on her website, but perhaps I missed it.
Old 01-22-09, 12:11 PM  
sherry7899

Shelley,

The Intensity dvd was available at Target. I don't know if they still sell it. All the workouts on it were previously released, so you may already have them.

Sherry
sherry7899 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-09, 12:19 PM  
bfit

I agree with the suggestions to go with the 5 Mile Fat Burning Walk. I had the other new 5 mile one and did not keep it. I thought it was boring with just Leslie for all of the miles, it moved slower, the music was sort of strange, and even though each mile was supposed to focus on something like the upper body they didn't really seem to do that. The 5 Mile Fat Burning is faster, 2 miles have Leslie alone, and the others have different groups in them. Each mile ends with a jogging boost so overall I think it is a harder workout and also more fun. For either one of these workouts you can program which mile(s) you want to do.
bfit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-09, 12:29 PM  
ssgilby

Sherry - Thanks! As usual, you are more knowledgeable on Leslie than I! I'm relatively new to her, and Leslie doesn't make things easy by the way she gives so many of her workouts similar names. I realize there's probably a limit to how creative you can get when you have to use "5 Mile" or 2 Mile" or whatever in the title, but come on, some distinct differentiation would be nice. LOL! I wish she'd do more clearly-defined series like "Walk Slim" or whatever. THen the videos could be "X Series - 5 Miles," "X Series - 2 Miles," etc. Maybe that's kind of what she already does, but I have yet to totally figure it out! LOL!

Maybe I'll pop over to Leslie's forum and ask if anyone has a detailed list of the exact names of Leslie's workouts and maybe the order in which they were release - like a listing by year or something. If anyone here knows of such a thing, please let me know. I'm building my collection of Leslies, and it's only a matter of time before I start acquiring doubles of stuff if I don't have a list!
Old 01-22-09, 01:02 PM  
Valancy

Shelley- this does not include the newest DVD's, but here is a chronological list of her older workouts.

Walk Aerobics By Leslie Tommelleo (a/k/a Live At The Club, It’s . . .)
Advanced Walk Aerobics
The Too Busy To Workout Workout
Basic Stepping with Walk Aerobics
Walking Fat Burner Workout
Walk Aerobics for Seniors
Walk Off Weight System-Weight Loss Walk
Walk Off Weight System - Firm Off Weight
The Miracle Mile
2 Mile Walk
1, 2, 3 Mile Super Fat Burner
Firm Up Fast
1 Mile High Calorie Burn
Walk And Firm Fat Burner
Walk Off Weight At Home 2 miles w/Florine Mark
Walk Off Weight At Home 4 miles w/Florine Mark
Walk Off Weight At Home (edited version of 4 mile) 2 miles
Power Walk
Walk N Tone
Power Firm

WATP:
1 Mile Get Up And Get Started
2 Mile High Calorie Burn
3 Mile Super Fat Burning
10 Minute Tone Up
Muscle Mile One
The Morning Mile Plus Abs
Walk And Kick
Walk And Jog
Yoga Walk
The Evening Mile Plus Legs
The Power Mile
Walk Strong
Walk Away Your Stress
Heart Healthy Walk
Walk With Me
The 30 Minute Walk

WATP for Abs:
1 Mile Get Up And Get Started
High Calorie Burn
3 Mile Super Fat Burning
1 Mile Super Challenge
10 Minute Ab Buster

Total Strider

Leslie And Florine Live

Short Cuts:
Short Cuts Upper Body
Short Cuts Lower Body
Short Cuts Ab Workout

WATP Express:
1 Mile Easy Walk
2 Mile Brisk Walk
3 Mile Advanced Walk
4 Mile Super Challenge
Walk Strong Express

Kids Walk (1st one)
Teen Walk
Kids Walk (2nd one)

You Can Do:
You Can Do Pilates
You Can Do Yoga
You Can Do Stability Ball

The Walk Diet

Walk the Walk:
Walk the Walk 1 mile
Walk the Walk 2 mile
Walk the Walk Firm

Jenny Craig:
Walk Your Way
Strength Walk
Brisk Walk

Walk Blaster:
Slim And Thin
Shape And Firm
Sculpt And Burn

5 Mile adanced Walk
Advanced 1 Mile Jog
Advanc ed 1 Mile Booster
Mens Walk

Walk Down Your Blood Sugar-Diabetic walk

Active Adult 1 mile
Active Adult 1 mile

Family Walk

Walk Slim 1 & 2 Miles
Walk Slim 3 Fast Miles
Walk Slim 4 Fast Miles
Walk Slim Fast Firming

Tags
1 mile jog, 5 mile walk, everything leslie sansone, hardest leslie sansone, leslie sansone, muscle mile one, walking workouts