Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 03-12-08, 08:17 AM  
beachgerrrl

Medicine Balls, Wtd Fitness B, Green Genie??

Valeo Medicine Balls vs Valeo Weighted "Fitness Ball" vs Green Genie

A-
What is the difference between the Valeo Med Ball and Weighted Fitness balls? I see that the Valeo Wtd Fitness Balls are cheaper than the med balls. And the fitness balls are solid colored, and so not as "pretty" LOL as the medicine ball. And both come in an array of weights (2 lb and up).

But other than price and cosmetic differences, what is the diff between these? *I have an 8 lb medicine ball*

B-
What is a Green Genie? I read about this on the following thread:
http://forum.videofitness.com/showth...leo#post825273

C:
I want a ball that is 6 lb, and one I can use both for doing medicine ball workouts, which DO include pushups on the ball. So, should I go with the Green Genie? (and where do you get one online?) Or should I stick to my Valeo med ball? Or do I get a Valeo Wtd Fitness ball? *I'd like to avoid getting all of the above, lol*

Thanks!!
beachgerrrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-08, 08:30 AM  
KathAL79

A Green Genie is a 3 lb. soft ball that Karen Voight markets (marketed?) to go with her Core Essentials (or whatever title it's going by these days). I found an equivalent at Target: a 3 lb. soft sand-filled ball under the Reebok name. It's gray instead of green, but I'm betting it works just as well.

Note: I have had a professional relationship with a vendor of health and fitness books and media. For details please see my profile.
KathAL79 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
green genies