Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 06-16-07, 11:31 AM  
lfcjasp
Exchange Moderator

I use a 3# green little squishy ball...guess it's sort of like the green genie balls Karen Voight sells. They work really well with my dicey joints though they probably don't challenge my muscles enough. My 4# med. ball is too big for my hands to get a good grip on...I use it for exercises where I can hold it in two hands
Old 06-16-07, 05:16 PM  
RedPanda

Thanks for everyone's responses! It looks as though 4 pounds or 2 kgs is the norm, at least for those who aren't injured, or don't have tricky joints.

I use a 2kg medicine ball for the cardio section of Mindy's "Medicine Ball Training" (about 30 mins) and that's about right for me. I switch to a 4kg ball for the ab section.
RedPanda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-07, 01:03 PM  
KathAL79

I know I'm late to reply here, but I also use the 3# soft Reebok ball I got to use in place of Karen Voight's Green Genies. It's a little on the light side, but since my shoulders are probably my weakest link I'm not too concerned about going a little light there.

Note: I have had a professional relationship with a vendor of health and fitness books and media. For details please see my profile.
KathAL79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-07, 01:27 PM  
RedPanda

Quote:
Originally Posted by KathAL79
I know I'm late to reply here, but I also use the 3# soft Reebok ball I got to use in place of Karen Voight's Green Genies. It's a little on the light side, but since my shoulders are probably my weakest link I'm not too concerned about going a little light there.
If my experiences have taught me anything, that's wise - it's easy to injure your shoulders.
RedPanda is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
green genies, weighted balls