Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 10-30-04, 05:11 PM  
Messe

Daisy, the Yoga Check-in is one of the most active check-ins here. My guess is that you'll find a lot of chatter and information there. You might think about joining it, or at least reading it regularly if you'd rather lurk than post.

You can’t use up creativity. The more you use, the more you have. — Maya Angelou
Messe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-04, 07:32 PM  
Kimberly33

Daisyglow, have you checked out the Yoga Crosstrainers check-in? There is a LOT of yoga talk in there! You should definitely give it a look.

Set the gearshift for the high gear of your soul
You've got to run like an antelope, out of control. (Phish)

Can't control the kittens!
Too many whiskers. Too many whiskers
(Sleep Talkin' Man)
Kimberly33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-04, 07:35 PM  
gelfling
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daisyglow
I was just depressed not to see more on yoga on this forum.
"Not to see more yoga on this forum?!" Some would say there is far too much yoga talk although admittedly it's a little bit quiet at the moment but it won't last long If you do a quick search for "Yoga" here at VF you will find a lot of yoga threads.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daisyglow
I have done lots of types of working out but for me yoga gave me something extra that years of other workouts never gave me so it is pretty special to me right now.
Daisy I wholeheatedly agree with your last statement because that has been my experience as well. I've fallen by the wayside in terms of getting a whole practice in (illness etc) but not a day goes by when I don't think about yoga even if I don't always do it. There is a sadhana check-in going on in the Challenges And Check-ins forum at the moment as well as the Yoga Cross-Trainers check-in. I think this is the third sadhana we've had this year.

Last of all, I do feel I understand where you're coming from. In my case I took a long hard look at what I do for a living, how I spend the money I earn as well as the more important matter of how I live my life and share it with others. I realised that exercise (yoga especially) is one of the finest ways I have of clearing my thoughts and becoming more mindful of all I do. I'm still a grouchy pain in the you-know-where but I am a more thoughtful and more considerate person because of the changes I made. I also took a long hard look at how exercise can help me and those around me in more practical terms. For example, my Grandmother is disabled and my parents are finally starting to feel the effects of aging. Cardio, strength, endurance and especially yoga, are the things I need to do to make myself strong enough to help my family and strong enough to provide support for them when they need it. Exercise does good things for my body and enables me to do good things for my family.

By the way, I love your name. Every time I see it, it makes me smile.
ATB,
- Lisa
P.S. If you haven't read it already, then I recommend having a look at Erich Schiffmann's book, "Moving Into Stillness". Apart from being a very good yoga book, it's also a very inspirational book and I found it to be a good companion as I looked at ways in which I could be a more loving and more kind human being.
Old 10-30-04, 07:41 PM  
Peggy T
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alta
I love yoga AND I love mindless workouts. I guess I am deep and shallow at the same time. You're only in your thirties now and have found that a narrow focus is what serves you best. When you get to be an older poop like me you may decide that mindless workouts are just what the doctor ordered!
LOL Alta - I'm with you on this one, sister!! I *love* mindless workouts. Just no TIFTing. I think thats why I like Taebo. Do 8 of this, 8 of that and you never see it again. Just like Cathe's weight workouts.

Now, Tamilee drives me bonkers in I Want That Body. Each 15 minute section is 2 *identical* routines. You finish the first one and she wants to make you do the whole same exact thing AGAIN! Can you imagine? I find myself doing the first part of the other workout just so its different.

Give me mindless any day. I just cant do repetitive.

I know I go on and on about the OOP 29 minute Step workout (one of Gin's first, if not THE first) but its the whole package - the easiest choreography imaginable, no tifting (tho on 1 or 2 occasions you do the same thing on the other side), upper body workout at the same time you're stepping and you don't have to think AT ALL!!!!

I wonder if there is a correlation between what we do for our day jobs and what we want out of a workout. I am an accountant by day and do a lot of number crunching and reconciliations. I don't want to use brain cells when I work out (Lord knows I have precious few left! LOL!!!!)

If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went.
-Will Rogers
Peggy T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-04, 05:46 PM  
Daisyglow

Yoga Check In?

...I don't know what that is. Is it on the home page? I will look for it.
You guys are great!
Thanks Again!
Daisy
Daisyglow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-04, 05:51 PM  
gelfling
VF Supporter

The Challenges and Check-ins part of the forum is here: http://forum.videofitness.com/forumd...daysprune=&f=5
This page: http://forum.videofitness.com/forumdisplay.php?f=3 gives you a complete list of all the discussion topics.
This page:http://forum.videofitness.com/index.php? is the forum index.

Tags
complex choreography, mindless workouts