Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 03-27-21, 08:34 PM  
Karla25

Found Project HOPE w/Richard Simmons and Yoga Complete for Weight Loss. They were only $1 each so I bought them to put on Share the Wealth next week. Hopefully, they will find good homes :-)
Old 03-28-21, 03:17 PM  
wendug

Not fitness related, but an awesome thrift store find! I found a pair of like new Adriano Goldschmied jeans for $4. I didn't know anything about the brand, but I bought them anyway. Brought them home, tried them on, and they have a fantastic fit. I looked them up online and these jeans retail for $188! I would never spend that much on a pair of jeans, but wow, luxury denim is NICE!
Old 03-28-21, 03:25 PM  
PennyK

PennyK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-21, 04:06 PM  
toaster
Exchange Moderator

Wendy, very cool! I've found some brands at Goodwill that I would never buy otherwise.

Follow me @YogiBethC

YouTube|Instagram|Facebook
And yes, I am Reviewer Dr. Beth on Amazon.
toaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-21, 08:06 PM  
fanofladyvols

Wendy kind of makes you wonder how they got there!

I have seen like others in my thrift stores...the dvd section is quickly dwindling with very little selection.

Never give up on your body!-- Miranda Esmonde-White

Word/Guiding Principle for 2024: Embrace: embrace my faith, my family, my friends, myself, the process, the progress, the hard work, the strength program I choose, the recovery methods and rest I need, my life, the good times, and the memories of good people.
fanofladyvols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-21, 09:18 PM  
wendug

Quote:
Originally Posted by fanofladyvols View Post
Wendy kind of makes you wonder how they got there!

I have seen like others in my thrift stores...the dvd section is quickly dwindling with very little selection.
I'm quite amazed at the variety of things I find at my local thrift store. I need to go back to the thrift store soon because when I was there a LOT of DVD's and CD's had come in. Like 100's of DVDs and CDs. They didn't have space for everything on the usual shelves and had to take over some of the book shelves. I was trying to look through everything, but there were a couple of other people looking while an employee was trying to put everything out. And nothing was in order. I was feeling uncomfortable with too many people in a small space so I ended up leaving. Maybe I'll find some good DVDs when I go back!
Old 04-12-21, 09:24 PM  
wendug

Not officially a thrift store, but online used store- DeCluttr.com. I recently bought some workouts that are out of print or harder to find. The Firm- Jiggle Free Arms (wanted to complete the Jiggle Free set), Angie Miller- Strength and Core Fusion, and The Bar Method Fat Free (trying to add a bit more barre into the mix.) I'm noticing that the prices on DeCluttr are drifting up a little bit, but they are still very reasonable and have free shipping!
Old 04-13-21, 08:27 AM  
wishiwasinhawaii

Quote:
Originally Posted by wendug View Post
Not officially a thrift store, but online used store- DeCluttr.com. I recently bought some workouts that are out of print or harder to find. The Firm- Jiggle Free Arms (wanted to complete the Jiggle Free set), Angie Miller- Strength and Core Fusion, and The Bar Method Fat Free (trying to add a bit more barre into the mix.) I'm noticing that the prices on DeCluttr are drifting up a little bit, but they are still very reasonable and have free shipping!
I wanted to sell a few workouts I don't use anymore on DeCluttr but they'd only give me around 22 cents for each and it wasn't even worth the effort of putting them in a box to ship, so I just donated them. They also won't sell DVDs if you don't know the barcode and I don't keep the original packaging. But it is a good place to go if you're buying DVDs. The prices are good and the free shipping is nice!
Old 04-13-21, 09:42 AM  
bubbles76

Yes I didn't have a great experience selling to them either. They claimed a dvd I sent them was "damaged" but it was in pristine condition. Of course, it was a higher value one. I wrapped the dvd perfectly so I know it wasn't damaged in transit. I will never sell to them again. I stick to VF Roost or Share the Wealth.
"You humans have the potential to be the most wonderful beings there are - if you can get past all these enormous stupid spots you seem to have in your hearts. It's not your fault. You just don't know how to work your hearts right yet. That's why there are dogs." - Jim Butcher, Zoo Day
bubbles76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-21, 05:40 PM  
wendug

wishiwasinhawaii and Bubbles- I'm sorry you had bad experiences selling at DeCluttr. I haven't sold much to them, and those were CD's I didn't want a long time ago. I'm more of a buyer from DeCluttr than a seller! I guess it makes sense they wouldn't offer much for DVDs as fewer and fewer people want them.

Tags
heidi sormaz, thrift store finds