Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 04-10-21, 09:40 PM  
Leonana

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhbrand View Post
I love the artistic aspect personally. I love deciding which blush to wear, I have several, Which highlighter, which eye shadow palette, which lipstick. How to pull it all together for a cohesive look.
So the mask kind of takes my "art" away. You can't see that I picked a lipstick that is a match to the blush and highlighter I picked, that also ties into my eyes.
At least we can still do eyeshadow! I still play with blush. I enjoy it at home.

I remember your you tube makeup channel. You had some nice makeup. I can’t afford high end, and am always looking for the dupes!
Old 04-10-21, 09:45 PM  
wendug

Quote:
Originally Posted by BunnyHop View Post
Definitely don't want to become one of those old ladies that wander out of the house with one bright turquoise eyelid and one completely devoid of makeup.
LOL! I worked with a woman that did this. How does this happen?
Old 04-10-21, 09:51 PM  
Vantreesta

My appearance is definitely low (some might say no!) maintenance. My hair is long, I wash and condition it, comb it and nothing else. It's going gray but considering I have hubby trim it like every 6 months if I'm lucky there's no way I'm coloring it!
You don't have to be fast, just keep moving forward.
Note to self: You don't get to complain about things you won't work to change!

Word for 2024: Accomplished; Word for 2023: Grounded; Word for 2022: Consistency; Word for 2021: Mindfulness
Vantreesta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-21, 10:01 AM  
summer breeze
VF Supporter

[QUOTE=Vintage VFer;292040

I'm thinking that too. (Though the police aren't thrilled about citizens wearing masks in "normal" times. We all look like burglars.)
.[/QUOTE]

LOL. Good point. The other day my DD had her huge sunglasses on and her mask. I told her this is a good time for her to rob a bank
summer breeze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-21, 11:14 AM  
Vintage VFer
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vantreesta View Post
Can I ask a question, not trying to be argumentative or judging or anything? If makeup is such a hassle, why do so many people wear it? ...
About ten years ago, I wore my hair very, very short and didn't wear much make-up. DH and I went into a store and the salesperson said, (he was pretty far away), "How can I help you gentlemen?"

The next day I bought the reddest lipstick I could find. I love lipstick and wear all kinds of colors. Usually, I just wear some sunscreen, maybe powder and definitely lipstick. I look too washed out without some color. My eyes are too sensitive for most eye makeup.

Quote:
Originally Posted by warriorprincess View Post
I haven't worn it since I was 20 and DH said I was just as beautiful without it. What do I care what anyone else thinks? Maybe if I were young and single it would be worth it.
Lucky lady! Give the DH a hug!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vantreesta View Post
Thanks for that, Pat. I feel like I'm constantly in a pot these days that's just about to boil over so I wanted to make sure no one thought I was asking to start an argument or debate. ..
VF needs some good arguments and debates. It livens thing up!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BunnyHop View Post
Definitely don't want to become one of those old ladies that wander out of the house with one bright turquoise eyelid and one completely devoid of makeup.
I saw an old lady with perfect make-up and a great outfit. Unfortunately, she wasn't wearing her dentures, so it kind of lessened the glamorous effect.

POSTURE CHECK!
Vintage VFer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-21, 12:40 PM  
kat999

Masks: I have a ton of them, find them to be a fashion statement now, and I enjoy supporting Etsy artists who make really fun ones. I like that I can hide my imperfect teeth, my big nose, my wrinkles, and my need to smile at old men who seem to need me to. I also have some old acne scars, and honestly wearing a mask just gives me a lot more self-confidence to feel anonymous. I make it sound like I'm some kind of hag; I'm really not, I just notice every single imperfection, and so wearing a mask helps me not have to worry about my appearance as much. Also, I think having a big, pointy nose (think Lady Gaga before she got a nose job ) actually makes mask wearing more comfortable for me than for others. I basically have a built-in mask guard that kind of lifts and keeps the fabric away from my mouth, which I know is some people's issue with them.

All that said, I prize normalcy over my own vanity, and so I really hope we return to maskless life eventually. At the same time, I won't mind doing it until the CDC or whomever says it's pretty safe to stop. I'm so grateful to have gotten fully vaccinated and can't wait until my two weeks to near immunity are here so I can see friends and family again!

Makeup: While WFH this past year, I only wear makeup on days I have Zoom calls. I have always enjoyed experimenting with it and find it artistic, as others have said, but I also enjoy taking many days off in a row without it. I subscribe to ipsy and enjoy getting tiny makeup samples in the mail every month. But I very seldom do a "full face" and if I'm running a quick errand, even before the pandemic, I would often just do Bare Minerals, a quick swipe of mascara, and maybe some lip gloss. If it in a huge hurry, just the Bare Minerals. I do feel more evened out with at least some kind of BB cream or light mineral powder.
Old 04-11-21, 12:53 PM  
Paine
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pat58 View Post
Paine, don't call yourself a wrinkled old lady. That makes me sad. You are beautiful inside and out.
Aww, thank you Pat. I think you're beautiful inside and out too!
Paine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-21, 02:18 PM  
Messe

Makeup lover here. I stopped wearing it for awhile early on in the pandemic but started wearing it again even when I wasn’t going out. I just feel better when I’m wearing foundation, blush, eye shadow, a little brow liner, and tinted lip gloss. And earrings, preferably made by local artists.

Masks: I wear them for myself and for others. I don’t especially like them, but I’ll continue to wear them as long as it’s necessary. Thanks to Cynthia/monterey vidiot, I found some cheery-looking pleated ones at tessoutizoo.com that fit my narrow face well and also launder well.

You can’t use up creativity. The more you use, the more you have. — Maya Angelou
Messe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-21, 01:18 AM  
hypnomoon

I've gotten to the point that I don't mind wearing a mask. Even when they lift any mandate of wearing one, I think I will for the unforeseeable future.

With that in mind, I have a mask wardrobe that I'm enjoying creating. I have a Starry Night one, a Starry Night one with a cat peeping in that looks like my own cat, a Ouija board, The Scream, a Plague Doctor, and several others.

You bet I get claustrophobic wearing one! Sometimes I feel like I'm going to pass out. I will pull my mask out away from my face to let in some fresh air or, I'll go outside so I can take my mask off, briefly. Sure it's a pain the the rear to wear a mask but, I think, trying to get over COVID would be worse.
hypnomoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-21, 08:39 AM  
wendug

hypnomom- I agree that I'll probably continue to wear a mask, especially during flu season!

And I discovered the best use for wearing a mask...while cleaning the litter box! With our previous cat, when it came time to clean the litter box I would hold my breath and scoop, taking breaks to grab some fresh air. Now with wearing a mask, the chore isn't so bad!

Tags
coronavirus, covid-19, face masks, makeup, masks