Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-06-21, 11:58 AM  
manleym

That's too bad about Tonique. I have most of her dvds, but haven't reached for them. I bought them when Mary had them dirt cheap.

I was off yesterday, so I had extra workout time. Yay! I decided to combine all of the leg workouts for the week so I did Day 1: No Repeat Leg Workout With Dumbbells + The Best At Home Booty Workout No Equipment (I wore ankle weights) + Mini Band Workout for Strong Glutes No Repeats Booty Workout +Standing Side Booty (Hip Dip) Workout (uses resistance band) + Five Parks Yoga Hold & Flow Yoga Class. It sounds like alot, but most of these are the Optional workouts, which are 10ish minutes long. I'm not super sore today, but can tell I worked my legs. I did like doing some of the same exercises among the workouts, to see how the same move feels differently using dumbbells, ankle weights, and a resistance band.

I too am liking Heather's rotation. I haven't done all of them, but I have really liked those I have done.
manleym is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-21, 07:51 AM  
ChelePA

Quote:
Originally Posted by manleym View Post
That's too bad about Tonique. I have most of her dvds, but haven't reached for them. I bought them when Mary had them dirt cheap.

I was off yesterday, so I had extra workout time. Yay! I decided to combine all of the leg workouts for the week so I did Day 1: No Repeat Leg Workout With Dumbbells + The Best At Home Booty Workout No Equipment (I wore ankle weights) + Mini Band Workout for Strong Glutes No Repeats Booty Workout +Standing Side Booty (Hip Dip) Workout (uses resistance band) + Five Parks Yoga Hold & Flow Yoga Class. It sounds like alot, but most of these are the Optional workouts, which are 10ish minutes long. I'm not super sore today, but can tell I worked my legs. I did like doing some of the same exercises among the workouts, to see how the same move feels differently using dumbbells, ankle weights, and a resistance band.

I too am liking Heather's rotation. I haven't done all of them, but I have really liked those I have done.
Today was Week 2, Day 3: Low Impact HIIT Cardio + Legs Workout (40 minutes) + Optional Standing Side Booty (Hip Dip) Workout (10 minutes) + Mini Band Workout for Strong Glutes // No Repeats Booty Workout (13 minutes)

The Low Impact HIIT was just cardio not HIIT level. Heather's low impact moves are truly low impact versus Cathe. It was nice for a lower intensity day which I needed after a tabata cycling class yesterday. It's funny because the floorwork with bands really challenges me despite seeming like it would be easier. I have weaker hips with less range of motion so these are nice add ons without a complete dread factor. Short and sweet.
ChelePA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-21, 08:26 AM  
buffmama

EPIC II Day 1 HIIT + Low Intensity Cardio. I prefer to go lower/slower than faster and sometimes strength means slower. I really liked some of the low intensity moves and found some good ideas for modifications. Also liked the deadstop lunge to heel touch to work the hammies.
Old 04-08-21, 08:02 AM  
buffmama

EPIC II Day 2 Compound Legs. Wow, just wow. I used 20lbs and a single 35 or 30lbs and did unweighted hamstring lifts since I sometimes feel them in my lower back. Great tough workout.
Old 04-08-21, 08:42 AM  
Erica H.

Depleted Legs from Epic Heat Day 3. Good workout but I liked the legs from Day 1 better. Went for a run/walk, too.

Erica
Erica H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-21, 01:53 PM  
manleym

Tuesday was Heather's week 2 Day 4: Kettlebell Circuit Full Body Workout + Total Body Tabata Workout 12 Minute Tabata with Weights. I really liked both workouts, but didn't care for the music. I usually can handle bad music, but it was really the lyrics that I didn't like.
Yesterday was Day 2: Upper Body Toning No Repeats Workout + 10 Minute Standing Abs Workout No Equipment. Good quick workouts.
Old 04-09-21, 01:01 AM  
bex

Yesterday I was really tired, so I pulled out Tonique Mat. I've never done it but previewed it and saw it was mostly lying down. Also, because it's in 3 distinct sections, I could do 20 or 40 minutes, or the whole hour.

Dare I say, it wasn't too bad. I definitely felt the burn, but it was all a reasonable number of reps, not an eternity on one side. It wasn't the most fun workout I've ever done, but good for days when I just want to do something.
bex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-21, 07:10 AM  
buffmama

EPIC II Day 3 Upper Body. Tough. I can not do dive bomber pushups after all that arm work. I had 20-6.5lbs DBs that I used definitely lighter towards the end although I pushed what I could. This seems harder to me than the original EPIC.
Old 04-09-21, 11:23 AM  
ChelePA

I got my Cathe mat yesterday and I love it! I exercise in the basement on puzzle foam flooring so this is a nice addition and I don’t have to roll it up daily. It’s awesome not having to rearrange my mat for different moves. It worked perfectly for my Heather workouts the last two days.

Day 5: 30 Minute Low Impact HIIT Workout (36 minutes) + Optional Low Impact Cardio + Abs Workout // No Repeats, No Jumping, No Equipment (23:30 minutes)

Day 6: Insane Total Body HIIT Workout // 40 Exercises in 40 Minutes (52:30 minutes)

I skipped Day 4 and will return to it tomorrow since I’m getting a new kettlebell. Day 5 workouts were very similar...using bodyweight to add intensity. Day 6 wasn’t insane but I really enjoyed it! She uses 5, 10, 25 pound dumbbells and bodyweight plus mixes in cardio for a nice fast paced workout with no repetition. I lifted slightly heavier on a few moves. I think you ladies would like it too.
ChelePA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-21, 12:57 PM  
manleym

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChelePA View Post
I got my Cathe mat yesterday and I love it! I exercise in the basement on puzzle foam flooring so this is a nice addition and I don’t have to roll it up daily. It’s awesome not having to rearrange my mat for different moves. It worked perfectly for my Heather workouts the last two days.

Day 5: 30 Minute Low Impact HIIT Workout (36 minutes) + Optional Low Impact Cardio + Abs Workout // No Repeats, No Jumping, No Equipment (23:30 minutes)

Day 6: Insane Total Body HIIT Workout // 40 Exercises in 40 Minutes (52:30 minutes)

I skipped Day 4 and will return to it tomorrow since I’m getting a new kettlebell. Day 5 workouts were very similar...using bodyweight to add intensity. Day 6 wasn’t insane but I really enjoyed it! She uses 5, 10, 25 pound dumbbells and bodyweight plus mixes in cardio for a nice fast paced workout with no repetition. I lifted slightly heavier on a few moves. I think you ladies would like it too.
Glad you like your new mat! I have a rectangular one and will never be without a mat again. Makes a HUGE difference. But I workout on hardwood floors so there isn't any cushioning. Yay on getting new kettlebells! Is it a heavier bell or just replacing an old one?

I'm planning on doing Day 6 tomorrow. But I'm getting my 2nd COVID shot this afternoon, so it will depend on how I feel. I was thinking about combining the cardio workouts from Days 3 & 5 today in case I need a lighter workout after getting the shot. Or I might do Day 6 today and combine days 3 & 5 tomorrow. All depends on how I feel after shot 2. Hoping for minimal side effects.

Tags
calisthenics, caroline girvan, epic, growingannanas, heather robertson, mrandmrsmuscle