Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 04-02-21, 08:43 AM  
ChelePA

Quote:
Originally Posted by buffmama View Post
Caroline's original 45 min Full Body KB Workout. It would have been great to do prior to the KB series as it's a lighter weight and some different movements (halos, Turkish getups, windmills). She used 10kg, I used 15 and 20lbs, 25lbs for the DL to upright rows. Solid workout.
I previewed this one in the past and have it saved on my list of workouts to do. Thanks for the review.
ChelePA is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-21, 12:52 PM  
bee
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChelePA View Post
I previewed this one in the past and have it saved on my list of workouts to do. Thanks for the review.
This is the one I want to do, too! Hopefully next week.....
Old 04-02-21, 01:20 PM  
Erica H.

I did Caroline's lower body pyramid workout from Epic 2 today. Good workout. Used my spin bike too since roads were icy from the snow yesterday plus it was very cold and windy.

Erica
Erica H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-21, 01:21 PM  
manleym

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChelePA View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by bee View Post
This is the one I want to do, too! Hopefully next week.....
I want to do it soon too. When are ya'll thinking about doing it? Fun Friday next week?
manleym is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-21, 01:37 PM  
manleym

Wednesday I did Heather's Day 2: Back Sculpting Upper Body Strength Workout + Upper Body Strength Workout with Dumbbells. I really liked both workouts and thought they worked really well together. I'm planning on doing Day 6: Total Body Strength Workout Dumbbell Supersets tomorrow to finish week 1. Looks like there are some good workouts in week 2 of Heather's rotation.

For those of you who do two workouts back-to-back - do you pause the 1st workout before the cool down (if there is one), then do the 2nd workout, and come back to the cool down from the 1st workout? I do, so I was just wondering how ya'll do them. I do workout 1, pause at cool down (if there is one), do workout 2, and then both cool downs, or whatever cool down is offered. I'm sure that is how most people do back-to-back workouts. Just curious.
Old 04-02-21, 03:04 PM  
IceQueen07

Quote:
Originally Posted by manleym View Post
Wednesday I did Heather's Day 2: Back Sculpting Upper Body Strength Workout + Upper Body Strength Workout with Dumbbells. I really liked both workouts and thought they worked really well together. I'm planning on doing Day 6: Total Body Strength Workout Dumbbell Supersets tomorrow to finish week 1. Looks like there are some good workouts in week 2 of Heather's rotation.

For those of you who do two workouts back-to-back - do you pause the 1st workout before the cool down (if there is one), then do the 2nd workout, and come back to the cool down from the 1st workout? I do, so I was just wondering how ya'll do them. I do workout 1, pause at cool down (if there is one), do workout 2, and then both cool downs, or whatever cool down is offered. I'm sure that is how most people do back-to-back workouts. Just curious.
I skip the cool down on the first workout and just do the cool down on the second one. If there isn't one on the 2nd workout, I go back to the first or do my own.

**Candice**
IceQueen07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-21, 07:34 AM  
buffmama

Caroline's 20 min Demanding Full Body HIIT No Equipment and 15 min Burning Biceps. The HIIT had burpees every 3rd move but time was 20s on, 10s off. I also did 40 RDL (?started part of Lauren Brook's challenge) thinking it was a good thing to do.
Old 04-03-21, 07:49 AM  
Erica H.

I did Sydney Cumming's new AMRAP upper body workout - I think day 31 of her Burn program. I think she said she's coming out with "Shred" starting Monday. I'm looking forward to that - hoping it's more strength based since that's what I'm always looking for. Used the spin bike too since it's cold and I'm worried that the roads still might be icy (I run in the dark).

Erica
Erica H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-21, 05:25 PM  
manleym

I did Heather's week 1 rotation Day 6: Total Body Strength Workout Dumbbell Supersets + Day 5: HIIT Barre Fusion + Full Body Stretch Great for Tight Hips. I REALLY liked all 3 workouts. They all workout great together - strength, cardio, stretch, bodyweight. Little bit of everything. Not to much of anything, but just right. Great workouts!
Old 04-04-21, 02:50 AM  
bex

Sadly I have to hit pause on EPIC for a little bit. On Wednesday I finally went to see the physio about the tightness and pain in my left shoulder, and he confirmed it's probably from overuse - probably all of Caroline's pushups + KB snatches. So I need to take it easy with those exercises for a week or two.

Since I can't seem to do Caroline's EPIC workouts without absolutely playing full out, I'm going to have to hit pause and try some other workouts that are targetted at single muscle groups, and not compound full-body. Or stretch-&-lengthen type workouts. Or lower-body focused cardio. There are so many options, I'll need to pick a focus and just do that or I'll spend all day looking at previews...
bex is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
calisthenics, caroline girvan, epic, growingannanas, heather robertson, mrandmrsmuscle