Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-29-21, 06:23 AM  
buffmama

Today was a rest/pilates day. Not crazy about Caroline's new workout calendar for this week - no good substitutions that aren't from EPIC. So it looks like I'm back into it after I finish up last weeks calendar. That will put me on EPIC Heat in the summer.
Old 03-29-21, 06:31 AM  
buffmama

buffmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-21, 08:28 AM  
ChelePA

I started Heather Robertson's rotation this morning. I can already tell that this will be a nice change from the March Rotation with Anna. The heaviest dumbbells used last month were 6-8 pounds. Today, Heather started leg day with 25 pounds. I lifted lighter and it was still an excellent challenge. Liked the mix of cardio at the end of each weight segment. I decided to add on the optional legs and booty floorwork with 2 pound ankle weights. I have a habit of avoiding these type of routines. My legs were burning at the end. Finished with a 15 minute recovery ride.

Have a great day!!!
ChelePA is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-21, 08:29 AM  
ChelePA

Quote:
Originally Posted by buffmama View Post
Today was a rest/pilates day. Not crazy about Caroline's new workout calendar for this week - no good substitutions that aren't from EPIC and lots of small muscle work. So it looks like I'm back into it after I finish up last weeks calendar. That will put me on EPIC Heat in the summer.
I will be curious how she structures Epic Heat. I will probably pick and choose as they are released.
Old 03-30-21, 08:55 AM  
ChelePA

Week 1, Day 2 of the Heather rotation which focused on upper body with weights. I did both routines. My weights were in the ballpark of Heather's...sometimes 1-2 pounds lighter, other times a few pounds heavier. I followed it up with a 15 minute low impact cycling class.
Old 03-30-21, 09:29 AM  
buffmama

An older, but great, Caroline workout today - 45 min DB Leg Workout. Not too many lunges (great after the lunge challenge), all exercises repeated 4 times, 30s/30s work/rest. It felt very effective. I used 35 - 20lbs (lunges only for the 20s). Followed that up with her new 15 min Engaging Abs and Core. I mostly did it unweights and felt it right from the beginning. Can't imagine that 1000 rep challenge coming down the pike. Depending on how she structures Heat I might be tempted to start those. Nothing is really talking to me yet for next week - except the new wall sit workout!
Old 03-30-21, 09:33 AM  
Erica H.

Quote:
Originally Posted by buffmama View Post
An older, but great, Caroline workout today Depending on how she structures Heat I might be tempted to start those. Nothing is really talking to me yet for next week - except the new wall sit workout!
Do you remember which workout you did? If you do the wall sit workout, please review! I am thinking about doing it but not sure.

I'm trying not to get excited about Heat because I generally only do Caroline's weight workouts and I like splits. I don't think Heat will have much that appeals to me but I'm hoping to be wrong.

I did a back/bicep workout from Epic 1 today and used my spin bike. Went for a nice walk with DH today before the weather turns lousy again.

Erica
Erica H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-21, 09:46 AM  
buffmama

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erica H. View Post
Do you remember which workout you did? If you do the wall sit workout, please review! I am thinking about doing it but not sure.
Erica
It was this one Erica, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DENm10PI8Xc I probably won't get to the wall sits until the end of the week at the earliest.
Old 03-30-21, 06:38 PM  
manleym

So far I've done Heather's Day 1 and Day 4 workouts from Week 1 rotation. I'm planning on doing Day 2 tomorrow and Day 6 later this week. Those are probably the only ones I'll do from Week 1 schedule. I did the kickboxing workout last week and would have liked more variety in the punches and kicks. They were mostly front kicks and punches. No back kicks, few side kicks, hooks, upper cuts. It wasn't a bad workout, there are just others I like better.

I used 15's and 20's for the Leg Day Strength workout. I don't know the weight of my ankle weights, but they felt just right after the Leg workout. Really liked both workouts.

I REALLY liked Day 4 - the kettlebell workouts. I mostly used 15's. 20's for some swings. For the Optional workout it looks like Heather is in the gym of her apartment building, which I thought would be a great place to film a workout, unless there were other people in there working out. The stretching routine was good, nothing special or different from others.
manleym is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-21, 08:41 PM  
ChelePA

So I decided to do a Two for Tuesday and finish out Anna’s March Challenge with her Full Body Killer HIIT. No equipment. No repeat. She chose her favorite moves from the past routines. This one definitely pushed me. Lots of burpee variations. And she finished with tuck jumps. Mine were getting lower and lower as the clock ticked down. Feeling accomplished!

Tags
calisthenics, caroline girvan, epic, growingannanas, heather robertson, mrandmrsmuscle