Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 03-29-21, 08:00 PM  
cataddict
VF Supporter

Hi Watulans!

Yesterday I did Hero 1 from 4 x 4. It didn't seem harder than Warrior particularly, but then again I didn't increase my weights from Warrior. Today I did the Heather combo that bee and Chele did. I used 20s throughout except for the kneeling press where I dropped to 15s. I'm still being careful with my right leg since I can't be injured when DH is out of commission. I could follow along pretty well without verbal cues, and TBH I'm kind of glad she didn't verbally cue based on what her voice sounded like on the intro and close. She sounded like a little kid. I used 5 pound ankle weights since I didn't have any idea what to use and didn't see Chele's post until now. I managed to get through but my legs were shaking! I took them off for the cool down/stretch since I didn't think it was a good idea to stretch with them on and was a little surprised that she left hers on.

Tomorrow is Hair Max so like bee, I will do the rotation but not on consecutive days. I also will do Hero 2 this week to finish off the 4 x 4 workouts (minus the 2 x 4 that I still need to do) and DH has several appointments this week that I will drive him to plus I'm volunteering at a FEMA vaccination site on Friday so it will be a busy week!

Thanks for the good wishes for DH! He's actually in more pain now than he was a few days ago and is hesitant about taking something for it. I feel bad for him but I can't make him do anything and I do understand his hesitation.

bee, hope your husband feels better and he gets the help he needs. My DH did very well with the surgery and the recovery afterwards and it made a difference for him.

Waves to all!

Watula, Cheeto, Charli, Lux, Merlin, Rudy, Finley the Cat, Hobbes, Winston, and Finley the Dog Fan Girl!

Word of 2024: Patience
cataddict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-21, 08:23 PM  
ChelePA

Basketball fans....anyone watch the Women’s UConn vs Baylor game. Exciting until the end!
ChelePA is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-21, 08:40 PM  
fanofladyvols

Yes I did, ChelePA!!

It was like a Final Four game!

Great game!!

Gonna try to watch this Arkansas game...

Gimme some 🏀 with my 🏀!!

Never give up on your body!-- Miranda Esmonde-White

Word/Guiding Principle for 2024: Embrace: embrace my faith, my family, my friends, myself, the process, the progress, the hard work, the strength program I choose, the recovery methods and rest I need, my life, the good times, and the memories of good people.
fanofladyvols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-21, 08:45 PM  
fanofladyvols

bee and cataddict sending well wishes to both of your husbands.

( Am I the only one who cringes, wrings her hands and says out loud, " Oh noooo!" reading a post about someone getting hurt? )

Word/Guiding Principle for 2024: Embrace: embrace my faith, my family, my friends, myself, the process, the progress, the hard work, the strength program I choose, the recovery methods and rest I need, my life, the good times, and the memories of good people.
Old 03-30-21, 08:30 AM  
ChelePA

Quote:
Originally Posted by fanofladyvols View Post
Yes I did, ChelePA!!

It was like a Final Four game!

Great game!!

Gonna try to watch this Arkansas game...

Gimme some 🏀 with my 🏀!!
It's the one thing my whole family really enjoys watching together. That and baseball/softball games. Usually we will place a bet for the final games for a small prize.
Old 03-30-21, 08:54 AM  
ChelePA

Week 1, Day 2 of the Heather rotation which focused on upper body with weights. I did both routines. My weights were in the ballpark of Heather's...sometimes 1-2 pounds lighter, other times a few pounds heavier. I followed it up with a 15 minute low impact cycling class.

I do agree with you Cataddict that her voice sounds very young.

I may add on Anna's final challenge for March this evening for my Two for Tuesday if I have time. She did a bonus routine with her favorite exercises. If not, definitely tomorrow.

So I know you all remember the nightmare vet who told me Winston was ok and sent him home. I finally wrote an email to the practice...explaining my situation and concerns for future care of other animals. Last night, the vet called me to get all the details. He was extremely upset that he misdiagnosed Winston and was shocked about the emergency surgery that was necessary. He said my letter has changed the way he assesses and treats animals that have swallowed a foreign object. He has already had 3 other pets come in with possible issues and he has double checked the situation with an x-ray. The night I asked him for one he said all was fine that the jerky had moved to his stomach. He agreed that I knew Winston best and all the signs and symptoms were pointing to something more serious. He based this on what usually happens in these situations. No scan was ever done. I told him I understand that procedures get expensive but if he at least gave me the option to say yes or no. In the end, I am glad that some positive came out of that awful day.
Old 03-30-21, 12:56 PM  
KateTT
VF Supporter

Hi kids! How's your week so far?
I'm not following March Madness this year. Sometimes I do. I'm more of a football and baseball fan.

Manleym: Believe it or not, I have been known to go over to friends and relatives houses and work on their yards. My favorite pastime aside from exercise.
No Heather workouts for me...alas I have none.

bee: You have to subscribe to Udaya, but here is the link to the Smart Flow program. https://udaya.com/program-categories/?item=612879

ChelePA: I still can't find my copy of PRS1 but at least the premixes on PRS2 include those in the bonuses.

Kim: I'm really enjoying Inner Dim again! I found Byron deMarse on there - he's one of my FAVS from Poweryoga.com
We ended up buying a generator as our electric company can't seem to keep the power on even on nice days.

cataddict: Last year I decided to put in raised beds. Except for one bed last year I planted beans in every one. Mostly dried beans (I make soup). I just love to garden. Doing really good on 4x4!!

Hi Lavna, Garrie, kittybug and all!!

Monday: Cathe LITE Pyramid Pump. This is the 2nd time I did it and this time just did the workout as-is...no premix. Really a great strength workout!!
Yoga: ID Byron de Marse Add 1 Isolation Flow. NICE!!

Today I did Cathe LITE Cardio Party Mix 6. This mix was the main workout, step blast, bonus core and stretch. Good stuff! That step bonus is just like a mini IMAX.
Today I think I'll check out some of the ID practices from the Transform program. The first one is called Discipline with Travis.

Happy Tuesday!

When your body screams, tell it to shut up! Body Pump

"Where I am today is where my mind put me. Where I'll be tomorrow is where my mind put me." - Billy Blanks

I'm a SHOCKING GRADUATE of STS!!!! Feb - May '09!
I did it again! I'm a SHOCKING GRADUATE of STS!!!! Feb - May 2018!
Beachbody On Demand 80 Day Obsession - Full Rotation June - September 2018
Third time's a charm! I'm a SHOCKING GRADUATE of STS!!!! July-Oct 2020!
KateTT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-21, 01:18 PM  
fanofladyvols

ChelePA you were smart to not only send a letter, but to do so, but waiting until you could send a thoughtful one. It had to be well written or the vet wouldn't have felt compelled to call you.
I know my struggle has been with resisting the suggestion of extremely expensive and unnecessary treatment. A vet that is more direct and minimalist is appreciated but still need to listen to the person you're serving.
Good for you (and for the potential furclients) helping that vet to get back to listening more.

Old 03-30-21, 02:02 PM  
bee
VF Supporter

Hello All!

I was also surprised at Heather's voice! And I cannot imagine having done that floor work with five pound ankle weights! I don't know what mine were, but they weren't that heavy! I was not sore at all today. I just don't seem to get sore much anymore -- well, not in the same way I used to. I feel things, but I have no trouble moving or whatever.

Ah yes.... my husband is having the surgery tomorrow! He's very happy with the doctor who has done "thousands" of these surgeries and said he can get it done in fifteen minutes. I'm trying to decide if I stay in town and do errands/a walk while he's in, or rush home. It's a half hour drive so I may just stay down there. So sorry to hear your husband is now in more pain, cataddict!

The UConn/Baylor game was on here and since I have at least one UConn fan there was some happiness but then today he said "hmmm, they really should not have won that game." Ug, bad calls in such an important game are the worst, and apparently there were some at the end?

Chele, so great of you to write to the vet and really good that he called you back!! I'm very impressed. In our little community a new vet somewhat recently took over a long term practice and people are complaining. A couple of people have made specific complaints and one person got a call back but the other did not. I don't know the details and I'm not sure what I will do when my dogs/cat need a vet.

Kate, I wish you could come help me with my garden, too! I am a Udaya subscriber but I never noticed that Smart Flow program -- thanks for the link! I will check it out.

Yes, Linda, I know what you mean about reacting when reading about someone getting hurt!!

Today I did a Body Project cardio for a warm up -- I just love them. They use good music and it's all no nonsense and I can make it harder if I want. Followed that up with the next one in Inner Dimension Detox -- day 4. Turned out to be yin with Travis and had I known that I might have picked something else, but in the end I was happy. It was probably my most favorite yin that I've ever done, with the exception of a two minute camel!!! I liked the poses he used.

Pretty nice day here. I had some reading to do and was able to comfortably do it on the back deck.

Oh..... any suggestions for Fun Friday? Is there a Kat step we should do, or ???

Waves all around!
Old 03-30-21, 06:25 PM  
manleym

Hi Friends!

Quick check in. Hope everyone is doing well!

I didn't see the Baylor vs UConn women's bball game, but heard there were some obvious "non called" fouls. I did hear Baylor was way ahead and UConn closed the gap (obviously - winning by 2 points).

Did ya'll watch the Oregon State vs Houston game? THAT was a game! 2nd half was GREAT! Baylor vs Arkansas - went to plan. No surprises there. But Arkansas has a great player who did really well in the 1st half (only half we watched.) Looking forward to some good games this weekend! I'll be pulling for Baylor since alot of our buddies went there.

So far I've done Heather's Day 1 and Day 4 workout. I'm planning on doing Day 2 tomorrow and Day 6 later this week. Those are probably the only ones I'll do this week. I did the kickboxing workout last week and would have liked more variety in the punches and kicks. They were mostly front kicks and punches. No back kicks, few side kicks, hooks, upper cuts. It wasn't a bad workout, there are just others I like better.

Like ya'll, I used 15's and 20's for the Leg Day Strength workout. I don't know the weight of my ankle weights, but they felt just right after the Leg workout. Really liked both workouts. Question for ya'll. When you do inner thigh leg raises, is your other leg over your working leg or behind it? I like my bent leg behind my working leg. Just curious about what ya'll prefer.

I REALLY liked Day 4 - the kettlebell workouts. I mostly used 15's. 20's for some swings. For the Optional workout it looks like Heather is in the gym of her apartment building, which I thought would be a great place to film a workout, unless there were other people in there working out. The stretching routine was good, nothing special or different from others. She does talk in this one, so you might skip it if her voice bothers you (it is high.) I would just as soon do a quick 5 Parks Yoga stretch. But it wasn't bad.

Bee I hope all goes well with your hubby's surgery tomorrow. I'm glad he likes the Dr and feels good about it. Keep us posted on how it goes.

Cataddict sorry your hubby isn't better. I'm hoping by your next post he'll be in less pain. Oh, I'm glad you liked Cathe Live #340. I thought it was a really good workout.

ChelePA I'm so glad you got some closure with the vet and that he owned his mistakes, and changed the way he does things. I'm sorry you had to go through that (and for poor Winston) but good came out of a bad situation.

KateTT Heather is a YouTube instructor so you can do any of her workouts anytime - for free! Sounds like you have several customers for your yard design company.

Yes, any thoughts about Fun Friday? I've left it open.
manleym is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
watulan check-in