Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-28-21, 10:58 AM  
KarenJo
VF Supporter

Jenny does have the DVD set on Amazon

HERE

No mention of the magnets, but personally, I'm OK with that. I'm minimalist. Actually, I'd love to be able to pick out just 4 or 6 in places I connect with and scenery I like, but I understand why she would sell them as a set.

Really, I'd like to be able to pick out 2 as I find I use fewer and fewer of my collection and the same ones over and over but I know I'd have trouble narrowing my selection down and would just buy all I'm interested in. I just found that Mary got in more of the Ambient Collection DVDs I use most days on my stationary bike and recently started doing the 10 to 15 minute rides as HIIT workouts. I put 7 in my cart. I own 26. Was guessing two dozen before counting.

Maybe I could get the set, keep the ones I like and list the rest here. I actually could use a couple more walking workouts and love outdoor ones.

I now have a doctor's order to never again do push ups (yippee!)
KarenJo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-21, 09:39 AM  
PennyK

PennyK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-21, 10:31 AM  
Gams

I just got mine! The magnetic map is so cute! And Jenny wrote a thank you note on the package! I’ll have to do one of the walks later. I’m so glad I ordered this.
Gams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-21, 10:50 AM  
Pam61
VF Supporter

Mine are due Friday, also!

I downloaded the first 15 walks and have done the first three....Utah, Ohio and Vermont. All great, with little differences. I like the added cardio boosts, but you can keep them low impact, too! I wonder how she decides which cities to film in? Some have been unexpected.

Jenny is such a wonderful, bubbly instructor with such a happy and cheerful vibe!

I'm looking forward to going to each state and may order Step Across America when those become available, though my stepping skills are very basic. Might have to try out her "Step Hero" workout or some of her beginner step workouts first...but first things first. Walking and Marching!

April Focus:
Lee Holden Qi Gong 30 Day Challenge
Pam61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-21, 02:27 PM  
Gemini2874
VF Supporter

Does anyone know if the strength workouts are body weight or dumbbells? The ad said it is a complete program with cardio, stability, mobility and strength components.

I still haven't received mine!! Hopefully, this week!!!

We should set up like one day a week where we all do a walk at the same time so we can walk "together" (either with or without zoom) throughout the program! Or, if that is too much...maybe have a separate thread where we can check in and support each other. I know...I am so lame!!
Gemini2874 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-21, 03:46 PM  
gjv

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gemini2874 View Post
Does anyone know if the strength workouts are body weight or dumbbells? The ad said it is a complete program with cardio, stability, mobility and strength components.

I still haven't received mine!! Hopefully, this week!!!

We should set up like one day a week where we all do a walk at the same time so we can walk "together" (either with or without zoom) throughout the program! Or, if that is too much...maybe have a separate thread where we can check in and support each other. I know...I am so lame!!

I don't zoom, but I think a check-in would be fun!
Old 03-29-21, 04:00 PM  
Pam61
VF Supporter

I would check-in for the 50 state walks! That would be a fun way to share in the excitement!

April Focus:
Lee Holden Qi Gong 30 Day Challenge
Pam61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-21, 04:47 PM  
Gemini2874
VF Supporter

Pam and Gjv- Yay!!!!!! I will set something up as a separate thread on Friday as most people will have their DVDs by then!!! If anyone wants it sooner than just let me know!! I agree it would be great to check in and share our thoughts about our walks and support each other!!
Old 03-29-21, 05:01 PM  
bubbles76

For those that said this set is intermediate, what workouts do you consider intermediate? That may help me decide if this is a must have or nice to have. I was pleasantly surprised recently that a workout someone deemed beginner was pretty tough for me.

I love step and like Jenny's workouts. I would like to get one set or the other.
"You humans have the potential to be the most wonderful beings there are - if you can get past all these enormous stupid spots you seem to have in your hearts. It's not your fault. You just don't know how to work your hearts right yet. That's why there are dogs." - Jim Butcher, Zoo Day
bubbles76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-21, 05:17 PM  
Gemini2874
VF Supporter

Bubbles- I don’t have the set yet...still waiting on shipping! But, I did some of her YouTube walking workouts and I remember getting a good workout (confirmed by fitbit). I would say her walks are beginner and intermediate friendly. She “boosted” the walks I happened to do so you could make it easy or hard depending on the movements. I couldn’t find a breakdown of her walks in this set to see which ones are boosted or HIIT or weights. I really wish she had done this but what can you do....But, I believe she offers a 60 day money back guarantee

Tags
jenny ford, mindless workouts, outdoor settings, outdoor workouts, walk across america, walking workouts