Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 03-27-21, 06:12 PM  
Mickey12

Hello Watulans!!! I hope everyone is enjoying the weekend. We had a fabulous day here - we went to some garden center/gift shops in our area and had a nice drive on some country roads, had a yummy lunch and stopped at a little candy store that had fun Easter decorations to pose with. One was a big Easter basket that you stand behind so it looks like your inside the basket. The sun was shining and it was glorious.

Yesterday we had crazy, crazy winds and we lost power. I have some yoga downloads on my ipad and it had enough charge so I did a 30 minute yoga practice. Luckily the power came back on in about 2 1/2 hours but the power company predicted 24 hours so that was really, really fortunate.

Today I did a virgin Mindy Mylrea workout, All Systems Go. It uses the body bar but I just used hand weights or nothing at all. It was a lot of fun, lots of jumping and hopping, mix of strength and cardio. She did an incredible variety of moves, no repeats. I'm hit or miss with Mindy's workouts, but this one I liked a lot. It was challenging and I had to take breaks, but the sections were short so it didn't feel as brutal.

I may do some yin now from Inner Dimensions.

Take care of those husbands, Cataddict and Bee.
Old 03-27-21, 06:15 PM  
ChelePA

Quote:
Originally Posted by manleym View Post
Go Bears!

Sorry about the Villanova player who's injured. Just heard he's pretty valuable to the team.

And Villanova is an AWESOME team! I would be rooting for them if they weren't playing the Bears.
Villanova falling apart at the end. Ugh!
ChelePA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-21, 06:18 PM  
manleym

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChelePA View Post
Villanova falling apart at the end. Ugh!
Yea, but they played them tight for the first 30+ minutes. It's been a GREAT game!
manleym is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-21, 07:51 PM  
cataddict
VF Supporter

Happy Saturday, Watulans!

Yesterday I did Cathe Live #7 Hard Strikes Low Impact Boxing. Okay, so I didn't expect abs at the end of it, and didn't want abs since I did Warrior 2 the day before which is core intensive. Anyway I liked the rest of it, but it was long compared to the more recent offerings. I think Cathe initially felt she had to do a full hour, and this one was close to that. Today I did Cathe Live #340 Double Trouble as recommended by manleym. I really, really liked it too, so THANKS! Time seemed to fly by and no time to get bored for sure since it moves quickly. Plus I like Cathe's new hair style, very cute. I also did garden bed max, getting it ready for planting---hopefully next week. It's been hot here but is supposed to dip into the upper 30s in a few days so it depends on the crazy weather.

Kate, thanks for the confirmation about planting beans. I had read that they were a good crop to plant after tomatoes but I'm glad to get advice from an expert! We are excited to try something new.

bee, I'm glad your DH is doing better. I laughed at his comment. It sounds like something my husband would say. He had hernia surgery a few years ago so maybe your husband is headed in that direction? And yes, I thought the free floating chip was a bit odd. I'm not sure how large it is since DH didn't ask and it's hard to tell from an X ray. I guess we have to rely on the doctor, or at least he does since I wasn't there. They did tell him to make sure he wears a shoe on the other foot to try to balance with the foot with the boot to help avoid hip issues.

Kim, your day sounds like fun! Not the winds---we had a lot of wind here too. Our power lines are underground or no doubt we would lose power much more often than we do. Glad yours wasn't out for too long--I always worry about the refrigerator and freezer and losing food. We have a generator that we have for hurricane season, but it isn't that easy to set up so we don't use it for short term outages and is pretty much useless in the wind.

Chele, bee, and manley, I'd like to try the Heather rotation with you starting Monday. I haven't tried her workouts yet but I've wanted to do so. I still have to do Paul's Hero workouts so for the coming week I will have to fit those in somewhere. I will probably do Hero 1 tomorrow so I will only have one more left!

Waves to all!

Watula, Cheeto, Charli, Lux, Merlin, Rudy, Finley the Cat, Hobbes, Winston, and Finley the Dog Fan Girl!

Word of 2024: Patience
cataddict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-21, 07:39 AM  
ChelePA

Glad to see others will be doing similar workouts over the next few weeks by following 2lazy's Heather rotation. It will be fun to compare.

Kat released an express power step (workout #4) so I started with that today. Very basic choreography that allows her to increase the intensity throughout the routine. I would say a more intermediate level since it's only 30 minutes. Loved the music as always! I then decided to add on Caroline Girvan's newest Spontaneous HIIT. I knew I wanted a little less intensity so I used my rebounder for elevation during planks, burpees, and push-ups. I also used it for a softer landing on the squat and tuck jumps. There was a staple move repeated for every 5th exercise. Plank jack to plank tuck. Otherwise, no repetition. It was just over 30 minutes...40/20 format. I really enjoyed it. I think I took out the dread factor by giving myself permission to modify as I prepare to do the Heather Robertson Rotation starting tomorrow. I can't believe how fast Caroline can do those burpees. And all varieties including one legged. Wow! The only reason I maintained her pace was because of the elevation. I still worked quite hard despite the changes. I finished with a yoga flow from Peloton focusing on the hips. And Anna's HIIT It Harder Day 28 total body stretch. This was the last day for the March challenge. It was a nice change of pace using Anna as my main instructor versus Cathe. I liked knowing what I was going to do daily and then adding on randomly with other workouts. I think for most of you ladies there wouldn't be enough weight work. That's actually what appealed to me For March, she used lighter weights so much more metabolic. But she has a large variety of YouTube routines so I am sure there are more difficult weight workouts using heavier dumbbells. Can't wait to see what Heather has to offer!

Bee and Cataddict...hoping your husbands continue to feel ok and heal quickly

Basketball Sunday...yay! Especially since it's supposed to rain here. All my choices lost yesterday...hmmmm. Hoping for a better day
Old 03-28-21, 11:27 AM  
bee
VF Supporter

Staple move!!! That's what it's called!

You all are killing it with the workouts, as usual!! Wow, manleym, I cannot believe you did Killer Legs after Defiant Dumbbells! And Chele, that you got through all of Anna's challenge with a whole bunch of other workouts added in! Way to go! I think I'm more in your camp with favoring the bodyweight workouts over weights. You might say you favor cardio over weights, but lately we seem to be enjoying a lot of the same workouts! And yes, permission to modify some of those is key.

Kim, your fun day sounded like such a great get away! I am envious. Do we get to see a picture of you in an Easter basket? And I can relate to the power problems and feeling lucky that it came on sooner than predicted.

cataddict, yes, I'm certain he's headed to hernia surgery. A doctor told him he needed it years ago and he ignored it. You make me feel like I should be planting! (hmmm, is that a song? You make me feel like planting.... ) but I suppose I need to defer to my local expert who hasn't shared starts with me yet. I hope the potatoes I ordered arrive soon!

This morning I did Lauren's Messy Middle practice from Detox 30. I really liked it -- very fast paced, but I was mostly able to keep up. It flew by. I will check out some Heather's later today and try to plan out my week a bit. I was thinking I might do another Edge Booty tomorrow - we'll see.

Hope you all have a beautiful day. Waves to all!

Oh, I forgot about basketball..... fun to see the comments. When I got out of toastmasters yesterday, hubby and one son were sitting looking at their laptops with great focus. When I asked what was happening, they were both watching the same girls UConn game on separate laptops because our TV wouldn't turn on for them. I fixed it for them. Chele, did you go to Villanova, or it's just a "local" team for you? The college counselor my kids had likes that school.
Old 03-28-21, 06:37 PM  
lavna

Happy Sunday all!

Kim: Friday, we had tons of rain and strong winds and lost power as well. Luckily, it was only for 1 hour. Thankfully, my workday was over. It came back just in time for dinner! Today, we're having lots of rain again! I went fo a walk by the river at it was full, with all that rain and snow melting.

bee and cataddict: I hope your DH get better soon.

On Tuesday, I did RWH Legs followed by parts of Live 323 and the Pizza presses for X-train legs. I was hoping I wouldn't be too sore but I was wrong! For the rest of the week, I felt it in my hamstings! I even skipped my workout on Thursday because of that. On Friday, I did the Live 216 UB circuit with Hiit. Today, was an easier leg workout, Live 239 LB barre and weights.

Enjoy the rest of the weekend!
Nathalie
lavna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-21, 08:26 AM  
ChelePA

Kim and Nathalie...our wires are underground so we rarely lose power. Kim...hoping you are ok since the winds have been crazy again.

I started Heather Robertson's rotation this morning. I can already tell that this will be a nice change from the March Rotation with Anna. The heaviest dumbbells used last month were 6-8 pounds. Today, Heather started leg day with 25 pounds. I lifted lighter and it was still an excellent challenge. Liked the mix of cardio at the end of each weight segment. I decided to add on the optional legs and booty floorwork with 2 pound ankle weights. I have a habit of avoiding these type of routines. My legs were burning at the end. Finished with a 15 minute recovery ride.

Have a great day!!!
Old 03-29-21, 11:46 AM  
Mickey12

Quote:
Originally Posted by lavna View Post
Happy Sunday all!

Kim: Friday, we had tons of rain and strong winds and lost power as well. Luckily, it was only for 1 hour. Thankfully, my workday was over. It came back just in time for dinner! Today, we're having lots of rain again! I went fo a walk by the river at it was full, with all that rain and snow melting.

bee and cataddict: I hope your DH get better soon.

On Tuesday, I did RWH Legs followed by parts of Live 323 and the Pizza presses for X-train legs. I was hoping I wouldn't be too sore but I was wrong! For the rest of the week, I felt it in my hamstings! I even skipped my workout on Thursday because of that. On Friday, I did the Live 216 UB circuit with Hiit. Today, was an easier leg workout, Live 239 LB barre and weights.

Enjoy the rest of the weekend!
Nathalie
Wow, Nathalie what a weird coincidence that we both lost power due to weather on the same day even though geographically so far apart.

ChelePA we haven't had any issues with power since Friday. Every time we have an outage we say we're going to get a generator and we never do.
Old 03-29-21, 12:31 PM  
bee
VF Supporter

Happy Monday, Fierce Ones!

Nathalie, what a bummer that you also lost power! It's always nice when it comes back on in time for dinner!!

Chele, I did that Heather combo this morning that you did yesterday. I started with 25 pounds and my legs were shaking so hard by the first chair even. I had to drop to 20 at some point and for the lunge/press I used 15s. I was contemplating not putting on ankle weights for the floor one but decided to and I'm glad I did. I was afraid I would be painfully sore, but I think she had a good amount of stuff what won't leave me that wrecked. I really liked the combo!! I do want to hit one of Caroline's kettlebell workouts this week.

Waves to all!

Tags
watulan check-in