Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 03-18-21, 03:23 PM  
frogribbit
VF Supporter

Well I definitely am going at my own pace after I had terrible DOMS after Total Body Strength Compound and it took me 2 days to recover

It's funny...NOT...when you think you've been working out at a pretty good intensity and then you start a new program !
frogribbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-21, 03:45 PM  
susan p
VF Supporter

My strength days are Sunday and Wednesday. My schedule does not allow me to work out that many times a week. So I am going to do total body on those two days, which may include combining the upper and lower split onto one day.
susan p is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-21, 06:34 PM  
Pam61
VF Supporter

I will say that doing these workout (as intended) is already giving me a bit of dread. So my plan is to cut the longer workouts in half, as well as to do these every other day...or so. I like to mix in other workouts, and need something gentle on the days I'm not well rested. I know I can continue to challenge myself with each time I do these, by upping my weights. It's been a long time since I've lifted heavy because I've had an injury (frozen shoulder) that's prevented me from doing so. I really miss my kettlebell workouts too, but I've had to really be careful with how I workout now. I also don't expect to do these longer than 90 days, as I like to use a variety of instructors and rotations.

Current Rotation:
Dean Pohlman (Man Flow Yoga) 90 Days to Flexible Phase 3 (Intermediate)
Cathe Strength Training (ICE & LITE series)
Pam61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-21, 06:34 AM  
Elsie

Question

Hey,
Is there any word on if these may be coming out as downloads any time?
Does anyone know if that's an entire "no" (ie. Just doesn't fit the goals/concept)?
I'm asking as while I do get the newsletter (the times it gets to my email, sometimes I don't receive it), I'm not on facebook, Instagram or anything.
Thanks!
Elsie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-21, 09:38 AM  
Leonana

I doubt it. Her previous offerings have been only dvd and PP digital. She never has offered downloads, other than being able to play PP offline. And I doubt dvds are coming because it’s still expensive to make dvds, at least that’s my impression. I could be wrong about that, but it doesn’t seem any cheaper now than it was six months ago.

Regarding opening it up for PP purchase, I haven’t heard anything. I get the newsletter and I’m in the FB group. It was available in June, and I guess the 90 days will be up September 1. Maybe we will hear something then.

I did ask in the check in if I should still check in after September 1, and Jessica said yes. I’m not sure how long she is planning on monitoring it. I’m not sure if that will affect future purchases, but thought I’d throw it out there.

Regarding doing it slow, I’m on the second week of Month two. I’m definitely taking it slow, only two strength workouts per week. I add in a less intense one at the end of the week. I’m seeing results and I’m happy with it.
Old 08-18-21, 02:43 AM  
Elsie

Thanks Sherry for that thorough explanation.
Glad to hear you and others are doing well with it on your own pacing. I very often have poor sleeps, so sticking to any set rotation with check-ins etc just ends up stressing me out.
I tend to like her approach to strength workouts though.
Old 08-18-21, 07:20 AM  
Leonana

You’re welcome! I’m not sure if I’m helping or muddying the waters further, lol. I probably explain too much! Hopefully she will open it up for more people to purchase at some point.

I find doing the schedule is too much for me. I don’t have the stamina for it. But two strength workouts per week is good for me.
Old 08-18-21, 09:56 AM  
Leonana

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elsie View Post
Thanks Sherry for that thorough explanation.
Glad to hear you and others are doing well with it on your own pacing. I very often have poor sleeps, so sticking to any set rotation with check-ins etc just ends up stressing me out.
I tend to like her approach to strength workouts though.
She just sent out a new email. Let me know if you didn't receive it, and I'll try and get a copy to you. She didn't mention Lift and Shift, but did mention that they are working on new content.
Old 08-20-21, 03:11 AM  
Elsie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leonana View Post
She just sent out a new email. Let me know if you didn't receive it, and I'll try and get a copy to you. She didn't mention Lift and Shift, but did mention that they are working on new content.
Once again, I haven't received it. Yes, please post what it says when you have a few minutes. Thank you so much!
Old 08-20-21, 11:15 AM  
adawn
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elsie View Post
Once again, I haven't received it. Yes, please post what it says when you have a few minutes. Thank you so much!
Hello Fitness Friends,

I hope this email finds you and your family well. I know so many of you are prepping for back to school season, but even if you aren't, this is a wonderful time of year to recommit to your healthy lifestyle and we'd love to be able to help!

We are currently in process of starting to develop new content for you, but in the meantime, we're going to be highlighting some of our previously released YouTube and DVD/digital videos that you may want to check out or revisit again to help keep you motivated to move.

Our "11 Body Weight Only Butt Exercises" workout available here on our YouTube channel is a great, no equipment needed session you can do anytime, anywhere. It will not only get your glutes fired up, but it can help build mobility and supportive strength in the legs, hips and lower back, making it a beneficial addition to traditional strength training workouts. If you haven't tried this one out (or maybe haven't done it in awhile!) please give it a go and let us know how it went by leaving a comment on the video page.

And, if you are looking for more options to help increase your daily step count without having to head outdoors in the heat, don't miss our "Walk On: 5 Mix and Match Miles" (available on both DVD and digital)! This program offers five complete (and varied!) miles plus a separate warm up and cool down. If you haven't tried this one yet and you enjoy our mile walks, I hope you'll check this one out -or revisit it again- it includes one of my favorite miles, our 'Jog and Jive' segment!.

Would you say you have a positive image of your body? We don't often think about the effect that our body image has on our health, but it can be just as important as regular exercise, healthy food and quality sleep! When your perception of yourself is positive, you can accept, appreciate and respect your body, which may make you more likely to engage in healthy behaviors. These three simple exercises can be a simple, helpful place to start (or continue) strengthening a beautiful relationship with your body.

Finally, I just want to say a huge thank you to all of you who sent such kind, caring messages and have helped us to honor Peanut's memory with your donations. I can't tell you how much it means to me, THANK YOU. In addition to our July donation, we are giving more than 100% of the proceeds from all of her t-shirt sales for the entire year to the French Bulldog Rescue Network and the ASPCA in hopes that other animals can find their forever, loving homes and experience the love and joy that we had with our little Peanut girl. Mommy loves and misses you so very much Peanutty!

Community Spotlight

We're also thrilled to introduce you to this month's featured community member, Julie, who shares her helpful healthy living advice with us all. We love, love, love getting to know all of you better, and being able to share your fantastic insights with the rest of our team. If you haven't yet, please send us your info [details below] so that we can share you with the group too.

We're so grateful to you for inviting us into your homes and for spending your time and energy with us.

Thank you for being a part of this beautiful community.

Sincerely,
Jessica
adawn is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
jessica smith, lift and shift, lift and shift reviews