Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 02-11-21, 11:48 AM  
susand

tina, we have relatives in ohio, one has permanent heart damage from covid. fairly young guy too. another has a spot on her brain that covid somehow caused.
the fatigue is what is so bewildering. i was doing back to back cathe workouts and the other day almost passed out trying to do a short leslie! dh takes blood pressure meds too.
susand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-21, 11:59 AM  
kat999

Quote:
Originally Posted by susand View Post
tina, we have relatives in ohio, one has permanent heart damage from covid. fairly young guy too. another has a spot on her brain that covid somehow caused.
the fatigue is what is so bewildering. i was doing back to back cathe workouts and the other day almost passed out trying to do a short leslie! dh takes blood pressure meds too.
Oh, my gosh, that's terrifying!
Old 02-12-21, 12:01 AM  
Leonana

Quote:
Originally Posted by TinaT View Post
Sherry ~My BP was considered mild so I didn't think much of it when I first caught Covid. But about 7 days in, I realized something was wrong. It took 3 weeks to get it under control and regulated. I feel much better now and check my BP often.

I surely don't want anyone to die from this horrid virus, but I'm also very concerned about the permanent side affects many people are experiencing. We have a friend with heart and lung damage. So terrible.
I'm glad you have it under control now and you feel better. I haven't had the virus, but will definitely keep an eye on my bp. Thanks for the info.
Old 02-12-21, 08:02 AM  
ncl

So sorry you are having this experience. I checked out the Cocolime Fitness. That looks promising. Other things that come to mind are....

Yoga (yin, gentle, hatha). My favorites are Yoga with Adrienne (Youtube) and I have been enjoying Travis Eliots yin yoga regularly since the pandemic started. Love these.
Essentrics
I even wondered about some gentle strength training (that does not raise your heart rate) when you are ready.

Also, I am all about healing with food, so found this article for you....
https://www.healthline.com/nutrition...leansing-foods

Let us know how you are doing.
ncl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-21, 12:31 PM  
TinaT

Marilyn ~ Just to give you and idea of what I'm doing for workouts:

Mainly Jessica Smith:
Tone + Flow from WS3
Feel Good Fusion
Build Balance + Inner Strength (3 WOs on 1 dvd)
Boost Metabolism + Muscle (3 WOs on 1 dvd)
Deep Stretch from WS3
Yoga Strength & Stretch from WS3
Pilates + Yoga from WS3

My weights are light and I follow her mom most of the time. This is far from where I was at before Covid. But it's only a starting point. I will add in Jessica's other routines when I know my body can handle it.
TinaT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-21, 04:12 PM  
shoegoddess

I'm so sorry to hear of your health problems. I've heard CoVid can cause lung damage. I would try to be evaluated by a pulmonologist to be sure there's no damage to your lungs.

I'm not a typical grandma!

Body by Cathe, Chalene and Dr. Niccole
-Me

A woman is like a tea bag. You never know how strong she is until she gets into hot water
-Eleanor Roosevelt

Well-behaved women seldom make history
-Laurel Thatcher Ulrich

Women are Angels
And when someone breaks our wings, we simply continue to fly....on a broomstick...we are flexible like that
-White Witch

Gotta love Maxine:
http://forum.videofitness.com/pictur...&pictureid=230
shoegoddess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-21, 09:13 PM  
TinaT

What has really creeped me out is my eyes. The women on my mom's side of the family tends to have more prominent dark under eye circles. I've always been able to hide the dark tone well, using make-up like Bare Minerals.

But after Covid, oh my goodness. They are so dark and make-up only lightens the dark. I'm constantly being asked if I'm ok. I hope this isn't permanent.
TinaT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-21, 02:11 PM  
Marilyn

Just coming back to this thread. Thanks everyone. I am feeling better. I did see a pulmonologist who said I still had pneumonia. I did a round of Prednisone and an antibiotic which really helped and I spent February doing the workouts on the calendar on The Balanced Life which I jointed at New Years. I made the decision to listen to how I feel and not rush things and be patient. Thanks for all the suggestions and encouragement. I hope those of you who also were sick or had loved ones who were are all starting to recover.
Marilyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-21, 03:05 PM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

Thanks for visiting and letting us know how you are, Marilyn.

Continued healing to you.
Pat58 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
breathing, coronavirus, covid, covid-19, restarting