Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 02-06-21, 08:03 AM  
Tugger31

DCW your winter walks sound lovely! I can't wait until it warms up a tad and the ice melts here so I can do some outdoor walking. A few years ago we were at the Grand Canyon in winter, it was beautiful!
Tugger31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-21, 09:50 AM  
Izzy

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCW View Post
I love winter walking since I have seen eagles and red-tail hawks. It's easier to see them with no leaves on the trees.
Me too. I saw a Hawk the other day sitting on a light post. The sun was out the sky was so blue and it was a crisp 12 degrees. And when he took off in flight, it was just beautiful.
Old 02-06-21, 11:24 AM  
Nelly G

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tugger31 View Post
Thanks for the reminder! I have a Horizontal Conditioning dvd I bought a LONG time ago but it was too hard. I may get that out again. Ever since I had surgery on my discs over a year ago, my workout attitude was forced to change b/c of some exercises my doc doesn't want me doing anymore. So even if the workout is hard, I do what I can and be grateful for that and the progress I make each time I do something. My surgery is actually how I started walking. Before that I was doing alot of higher weight, Cathe, plyo stuff and wasn't happy with my legs. I was really consistent with walking after surgery b/c that was pretty much all I could do. Lo and behold it was my "magic" workout for my long sought after thigh slimming. It took about 6 months to see the noticeable results b/c at first I was working on getting my strength/endurance up. This time around I have seen results much quicker. I'm sure my legs aren't as strong as before but they certainly have alot of endurance. And, they are certainly strong enough for my needs.
Tugger keep your updates coming about how you are doing. I am not buying Rachaels workouts either. I will do the Ballet Beautiful I got, mixed them with some Tracy Anderson and will do dance and walk dvds.
Nelly G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-21, 12:49 PM  
Vintage VFer
VF Supporter

That Ballet Beautiful workout is great, but so challenging, I don't do it very often.

POSTURE CHECK!
Vintage VFer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-21, 08:22 PM  
lreidgreen
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCW View Post
I love winter walking since I have seen eagles and red-tail hawks. It's easier to see them with no leaves on the trees.
Getting outside to walk is a must for me and yes I enjoy seeing the birds although I am often lost in thought and don’t really pay a lot of attention. I’m sure I would see more if I was looking for them. There was a red tail hawk on a tree in my yard a few weeks ago. It was sitting there for like 10 minutes.
lreidgreen is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
ballet beautiful, results, spot reduction, thigh slimming, walking