Scorpio6

bumping
Scorpio6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-20, 05:59 AM  
ncl

Quote:
Originally Posted by fanofladyvols View Post
interesting question!

I'm planning on staggering my cooking as much as possible so I can just stay on track with what I have been doing (X factor/Ruthless/T25 rotation. )

But...I'm fully prepared for the cooking/cleaning marathon to have me doing what I did at Thanksgiving. (classical stretch and gentle pilates. )

Are you wanting to change things up from your routine?
Yes, I am finding that having a loose plan for 3-4 weeks works well for me. I was doing a Kari Anderson rotation with Tracie Long Core Foundations mixed in once a week, doing Kari Anderson streaming hi/lo and her Reach and Reach the Barre routines. I would also do a hike once a week and do Yin Yoga once or twice a week. I did that for a few weeks and enjoyed it and was looking to change. I get bored on a rotation easily and crave change. I have all the Tracie Long workouts, all Cathe workouts except RWH, some Ilaria, a lot of old Firms and all of the Fitprime workouts, Dreambody workouts, all the ones available on DVD and have streaming from Seatlle Gym and Cathe Live. Before doing Kari workouts for a few weeks, I was doing Cathe split workouts with cardio inbetween using her new Perfect30 series.
ncl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-20, 06:00 AM  
ncl

Quote:
Originally Posted by bee View Post
I don't know if this will help you or not, but maybe..... I need some amount of structure to help me figure out what to do, but I don't necessarily want too much planning -- I like to be a big spontaneous, so I created this framework to help me pick workouts:

Sunday Sloggin' (some really tough workout)
Mellow Monday (yoga)
Two Tuesday (any two workouts)
Kickbox Wednesday (just because)
Throwback Thursday (early Cathe, original Firms, etc)
Fun Friday
Surprise Saturday (which might be a rest day)
I love this!
Old 12-24-20, 11:55 AM  
bee
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ncl View Post
I love this!
Thanks -- I should credit my Watulan checkin group -- they helped with inspiration for it. I hope it helps some of you be inspired.....
Old 12-25-20, 08:23 AM  
ncl

Seems like I am doing a Cathe Live workout . I did one of her step choreography workouts this morning.
Old 12-25-20, 02:30 PM  
AnMrsDe

Anyone looking for a FUN Holiday workout today, complete with Christmas music, no equipment other than a FW band, and a great cardio challenge, is Yvette Bachman's 60 Minute High/Low HOLIDAY HiiT workout!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PVtIE0MDH7Y

It was super fun!!! Merry Christmas!!!
AnMrsDe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-20, 11:50 AM  
laurajhawk

I'm doing a loose rotation where I do one week each from The Prep on BBOD, the Walk Strong master calendar, and LIIFT4 ... then cycle back to the beginning. Except each week of the calendar takes me a little longer bc I add in some yoga days.

I'm finishing the first round through those three, doing LIIFT4 this week. Next week I figure on starting back with The Prep week 2. I like that this gives me the advantage of a calendar, but variety of instructors and workout types. I'm off work all next week, so I'll add in MORE yoga.

"Don't say 'I can't' ... say 'I presently suck at this thing.'" - Matt Meese, BYU Divine Comedy
laurajhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-20, 08:15 AM  
ChelePA

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnMrsDe View Post
Anyone looking for a FUN Holiday workout today, complete with Christmas music, no equipment other than a FW band, and a great cardio challenge, is Yvette Bachman's 60 Minute High/Low HOLIDAY HiiT workout!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PVtIE0MDH7Y

It was super fun!!! Merry Christmas!!!
Thanks so much for sharing this one! I planned on doing holiday workouts until the new year. Loved the music and format! Fun!!!
ChelePA is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-20, 12:12 PM  
AnMrsDe

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChelePA View Post
Thanks so much for sharing this one! I planned on doing holiday workouts until the new year. Loved the music and format! Fun!!!
I'm glad you enjoyed it too! Very fun class...it was nice to workout to some Christmas-y tunes! I knew there had to be some other Yvette fans out there....
AnMrsDe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-20, 05:53 PM  
Lori_Michigan

Did anybody do Cathe's Christmas Cathe Live? So much fun, I don't how she did that in a mask and a Santa beard!

For anyone who has done this one, can you think of other Cathe Lives that are similar to this one (floor cardio, light weights, step w/one riser cardio)? The only DVD that I could think of that was similar was Cardio Slam from the Strong and Sweaty series (please correct me here tho if I'm wrong). I'd love to do this one again but I don't know if I could do it when it's not this close to Christmas!
Lori_Michigan is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
workout plan