Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 10-30-20, 11:08 AM  
Nelly G

Terra core

Does anyone has a Terra Core.
Look it is this: https://www.terracorefitness.com/

I can buy it here in the Netherlands with no dvd or app for 265,- Euro s or More expensive for 365 Euro s with dvd but that last price is too much for me. I which it was cheaper here much it must be shipping too here that is added and the tax.

It looks versatiler then a Bosu ball which I never got.
I really like to hear your opinions. I spotted it in a tv show here where they were working out in a gym. I saw also a review on you tube about it that is is a must have for my home gym. It looks like I can use it with a lot of workouts.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEjLtIGr9p0
Nelly G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-20, 11:30 AM  
mamaste

It’s heavier than a Bosu. It has handles underneath and on the sides, too. At the gym last week, we did a move with terracores where you do a burpee, push-up and come up into a squat and row the teracore. Really challenging and effective! It’s actually a pretty versatile piece of equipment. You can use it for cardio, strength, core.
Old 10-30-20, 12:51 PM  
fanofladyvols

I know there is at least one VFer who picked one of these up.

They're a pretty expensive gadget. I know they were backordered, too.

I added a tag to see if you can find more threads where this was discussed.

Never give up on your body!-- Miranda Esmonde-White

Word/Guiding Principle for 2024: Embrace: embrace my faith, my family, my friends, myself, the process, the progress, the hard work, the strength program I choose, the recovery methods and rest I need, my life, the good times, and the memories of good people.
fanofladyvols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-20, 10:00 AM  
Kathy G
VF Supporter

I bought it when they sent me a 25% off coupon code. I had put it in my cart to see how much shipping would cost (going thru checkout adding my name, address, & email). It’s $19.95 for my area in the U.S. I decided to think about it and then they sent me the discount. I ordered and it took about a month to be delivered.

It’s heavier than it looks but it’s sturdy (it weighs 28 lbs.). I’m using it for an alternative weight bench for chest press, pullovers, etc. and to cushion my elbows for planks. It’s easier than pulling out my club size step and six risers.

There are some You Tube videos with workouts. Maybe watch them to get an idea of you’d be able to use it and whether it would be worth it for you.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=5ReJhY1Evag
(1) 50k
(10) Marathons
(2) 20 milers
(3) 25k’s
(16) Half Marathons
(1) 20k
(6) 10 milers
(1) 15k
Kathy G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-20, 12:22 PM  
bzar
Exchange Moderator

it looks great, but is it a space hog?

Kathy, i can envision having it as a weight bench as you had mentioned, but even my folding Danskin weight bench is humbug to open and close when needed. the Danskin weight bench, when folded, takes up a very small footprint and is lightweight.

I use my Step Co. Step for bench press w/o any risers more often, and it's really easy to take out and put back.

Miyagi: Wax on, right hand. Wax off, left hand. Wax on, wax off. Breathe in through nose, out the mouth. Wax on, wax off. Don't forget to breathe, very important.
[walks away, still making circular motions with hands] ~ Pat Morita, The Karate Kid, 1984

disclosure: in the years 2002-2004 i had a professional relationship with a distributor of fitness videos; see profile.
bzar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-20, 12:50 PM  
Kathy G
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by bzar View Post
it looks great, but is it a space hog?

Kathy, i can envision having it as a weight bench as you had mentioned, but even my folding Danskin weight bench is humbug to open and close when needed. the Danskin weight bench, when folded, takes up a very small footprint and is lightweight.

I use my Step Co. Step for bench press w/o any risers more often, and it's really easy to take out and put back.
Jeannine, I have a Powerblock bench that I use for upperbody only workouts, too. I can just flip it around to my workout area. It’s not as easy to use it for a Total Body weight workout because it’s too high for step ups, etc. I bought it a few years ago for Beachbody Hammer & Chisel (which used it). It was less than half this price now!

https://www.amazon.com/POWERBLOCK-Sp.../dp/B000XE9DOM

The Terra-core takes up about as much space as a club size step (with risers). I used to just take out the step platform alone sometimes but found it was hard to get any leverage to get back up from chest presses, etc. with heavy weights.

I think it’s all about what works for you. I have my gym in the basement so storage isn’t as much of an issue for me. But if your workout space is tight, it might not be convenient to store.
(1) 50k
(10) Marathons
(2) 20 milers
(3) 25k’s
(16) Half Marathons
(1) 20k
(6) 10 milers
(1) 15k
Old 11-04-20, 04:13 PM  
Nelly G

Thanks for answering all. Just know you can use the code sharks and then I saw you get 30% discount.

I wish I could get such a discount here.

@Kathy G: do you use it a lot?
Nelly G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-20, 03:12 PM  
Kathy G
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nelly G View Post
Thanks for answering all. Just know you can use the code sharks and then I saw you get 30% discount.

I wish I could get such a discount here.

@Kathy G: do you use it a lot?
Nelly G, I really don't use it as much as I thought I would... I try to integrate it into other workouts when I can but I haven't used it specifically on it's own for a workout yet.

I'll probably never use it for cardio because I've had ACL reconstruction on one knee and I'm terrified of injuring it again! I wish it had come with dvd workouts that used it specifically for weight work.

I think you really have to consider how much you'll use it yourself. It's way more expensive for you to just try it out.
(1) 50k
(10) Marathons
(2) 20 milers
(3) 25k’s
(16) Half Marathons
(1) 20k
(6) 10 milers
(1) 15k

Tags
fitness gadget, terra core, terracore