Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 10-20-20, 10:26 PM  
seagreen01
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by fanofladyvols View Post
I purged that one..I don't know if I have just done so many of her workouts or what but it seemed like she was just going through the motions to me.
I was watching the clock the whole time, I didn’t get engaged with that one at all.
seagreen01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-20, 10:47 PM  
fanofladyvols

Quote:
Originally Posted by seagreen01 View Post
I was watching the clock the whole time, I didn’t get engaged with that one at all.
Ahh so it's not just me...

Never give up on your body!-- Miranda Esmonde-White

Word/Guiding Principle for 2024: Embrace: embrace my faith, my family, my friends, myself, the process, the progress, the hard work, the strength program I choose, the recovery methods and rest I need, my life, the good times, and the memories of good people.
fanofladyvols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-20, 07:32 PM  
lreidgreen
VF Supporter

I got Linda Woolridge's Resistance Band Solution set through request the wealth (Thanks generous VF member!)
I did the upper body sculpt one and the core sculpt workout. They were both pretty good but I needed to frequently change the strength of the band depending on the exercise. I am looking forward to trying the upper cardio sculpt and core cardio sculpt sections. I already had the lower body DVD and really enjoyed the lower body cardio sculpt section
lreidgreen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-20, 08:03 PM  
fanofladyvols

Leslie isn't VF full of so many lovely people?

Finding the right resistance bands can be as tricky sometimes as using the right dumbbell weight.

Word/Guiding Principle for 2024: Embrace: embrace my faith, my family, my friends, myself, the process, the progress, the hard work, the strength program I choose, the recovery methods and rest I need, my life, the good times, and the memories of good people.
Old 10-25-20, 08:14 PM  
fanofladyvols

I recently did The Foam Roller workout. I had two problems with this workout: 1) I went into the workout expecting it to mainly use the foam roller to help me stretch and increase flexibility; and 2) thinking my foam roller was going to work.

The exercises were mostly core and then quickly went through some strengthening exercises the way you might use the BOSU or stability ball. The foam roller they were using was substantially longer than mine. They used it to lie their entire torso and head to perform. We're talking a very long foam roller. Some advanced core moves were shown and some interesting balance and footwork balancing on the foam roller maneuvers were also shown. You need a wall to do wall squats with the roller.

It was only a few short minutes at the end that mobility moves were shown with the roller. After doing the complete workout, my shoulder felt worse than when I started.

There are two exercisers demonstrating (one is showing advanced) with a voice over instructing. Takes place in a small room.

I can't say I'd recommend this workout and I didn't keep it

Old 10-25-20, 09:43 PM  
bzar
Exchange Moderator

Linda - which instructor did The Foam Roller workout?

i finished parts of a Margaret Richard workout that was left to do from her Beauty to the Bone workout - the UB sections.

new to me: Leslie Sansone The Big Burn (from a generous Vfer via STW ).

Miyagi: Wax on, right hand. Wax off, left hand. Wax on, wax off. Breathe in through nose, out the mouth. Wax on, wax off. Don't forget to breathe, very important.
[walks away, still making circular motions with hands] ~ Pat Morita, The Karate Kid, 1984

disclosure: in the years 2002-2004 i had a professional relationship with a distributor of fitness videos; see profile.
bzar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-20, 10:07 PM  
fanofladyvols

Quote:
Originally Posted by bzar View Post
Linda - which instructor did The Foam Roller workout?
It was by Pilates Sports Center and the voice was Megan (I think)

Old 10-25-20, 10:46 PM  
BarbK
VF Supporter

I finally tore off the shrink wrap of Tracie Long Grand Total 3. I acquired Grand Total 2,3 and the 2nd & 3rd Core Movement DVDs (so is that 3,4,5,6) when I had a 1.5 year DVD lapse due to a shoulder injury.

When I got back to DVDs in March/April of 2020, everything was new again so I was saving Grand Total 3 for when I had a lag.

I find with TL DVDs, if I do them a few times over a shorter period of time, I get the weights right and get a lot out of them.

I really liked GT3 and have done it twice within the last 10 days.
BarbK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-20, 07:48 AM  
fanofladyvols

Quote:
Originally Posted by BarbK View Post
I finally tore off the shrink wrap of Tracie Long Grand Total 3. I acquired Grand Total 2,3 and the 2nd & 3rd Core Movement DVDs (so is that 3,4,5,6) when I had a 1.5 year DVD lapse due to a shoulder injury.

When I got back to DVDs in March/April of 2020, everything was new again so I was saving Grand Total 3 for when I had a lag.

I find with TL DVDs, if I do them a few times over a shorter period of time, I get the weights right and get a lot out of them.

I really liked GT3 and have done it twice within the last 10 days.
It can be a bit of a guessing game picking the correct weight. I pull out several pairs so I'm ready to quickly go up or down (as the case may be. )

I enjoy the GTs, too. I think GT 2 is my favorite of the 3.

Old 10-26-20, 10:53 AM  
lreidgreen
VF Supporter

I did a Linda Woolridge Download I recently purchased-Double Burn Ankle Weights. It was pretty good and I will do it again.

I also did the Total Body Cardio Sculpt section of the Resistance Band Solution set I mentioned earlier. I really liked it but couldn't do the burpee or mt. climber moves because I really can't put weight on my toes like that. I modified the moves that involved lunges. I think I am cleared to do those moves but it still hurts. I am not into pain so I decided to skip or modify.
lreidgreen is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
shrinkwrap, tsha jacobson, virgin workouts, virgins