Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-03-20, 09:09 AM  
sherry7899

switching up cardio

Does anyone else attempt to try to switch up the type of cardio they do?

I admit I have been totally stuck in doing dance workouts (mainly the Alchemy of Movement Powhow classes which I absolutely adore) for the past few years. Walking workouts bug my hip flexors, and I am too much of a klutz for step.
I do really like kickboxing, but I can't do it very often because of neck/shoulder issues.

I noticed it has been taking a longer time to get my heart rate up with dance workouts ( I have to do low impact) than it used to. I think my body got used to them.

This morning I tried a cardio workout from Team Body Project on you tube. My heart rate rose faster and stayed higher through it. I only did a thirty minute workout since I had not done them before. (the Soul Sweat classes are an hour or more). I tacked on a ten minute Fit Body by Ashley dance at the end so I had closer to my normal amount of cardio, and got my dance fix.

I am sorry for rambling. I am just wondering if anyone else switches their type of cardio. I did enjoy the Body Project and will try more of them, but dance and kickboxing will always be my favorites.

The cat in my avatar is my sweetheart named Bonkers
sherry7899 is offline   Reply With Quote