Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 05-24-20, 02:46 PM  
jackie7

Firm aerobic dvds

I want to get one or two firm aerobic dvds using the old firm boxes. does anybody have a suggestion or two on the best Firm aerobic dvds? Thanks.
jackie7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-20, 04:55 PM  
bzar
Exchange Moderator

Fat Blaster with Allie Del Rio (as Allie Strickland when she filmed it) is hands down, my favorite aerobic Firm.

from the BSS1 series add-ons, Super Cardio Sculpt with Nancy Tucker is also good. this one uses the plastic FL which is pretty much the same as the firm "box".

Miyagi: Wax on, right hand. Wax off, left hand. Wax on, wax off. Breathe in through nose, out the mouth. Wax on, wax off. Don't forget to breathe, very important.
[walks away, still making circular motions with hands] ~ Pat Morita, The Karate Kid, 1984

disclosure: in the years 2002-2004 i had a professional relationship with a distributor of fitness videos; see profile.
bzar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-20, 06:19 PM  
wendug

I recommend Tough Cardio Mix (compilation) and Maximum Cardio with Carissa Foster. Bzar's recs are also good ones!
Old 05-24-20, 06:26 PM  
tangerine

Not sure what the old boxes are in size but I personally love Complete Aerobics and Weight Training with Emily Welsh and Calorie Killer with Nancy Tucker - both use the fanny lifter.
"Then," said the cat, "it doesn't matter."
- Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
tangerine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-20, 07:51 AM  
Carol K

The old boxes were initially offered in 10" and 14" heights and then they later offered 4", 6", 8" and 12". I was never able to use the 10" for aerobics, so I was happy to get a 6" when it was available. I'm going to do Complete Aerobics and Weight Training (Volume 6) this morning. I use the 8" step from the FL for the aerobics in this one.
Old 05-25-20, 07:57 AM  
TinaT

I would also recommend Tough Cardio Mix, Maximum Cardio w/Carissa. Aerobic Butt Buster is also great.
TinaT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-20, 11:24 AM  
bzar
Exchange Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carol K View Post
The old boxes were initially offered in 10" and 14" heights and then they later offered 4", 6", 8" and 12". I was never able to use the 10" for aerobics, so I was happy to get a 6" when it was available. I'm going to do Complete Aerobics and Weight Training (Volume 6) this morning. I use the 8" step from the FL for the aerobics in this one.
somewhere on the forum, someone posted directions to DIY/building your own box - short and tall.

Miyagi: Wax on, right hand. Wax off, left hand. Wax on, wax off. Breathe in through nose, out the mouth. Wax on, wax off. Don't forget to breathe, very important.
[walks away, still making circular motions with hands] ~ Pat Morita, The Karate Kid, 1984

disclosure: in the years 2002-2004 i had a professional relationship with a distributor of fitness videos; see profile.
bzar is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
firm cardio, the firm