Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 09-09-19, 12:37 PM  
Vintage VFer
VF Supporter

Question Is it ever a good idea to put microphones on background exercisers?

The workouts I have where the background exercises are wearing microphones are mostly annoying. I'm not interested in their comments, groaning or whooping.

One of the worst is Cathe's Boot Camp from the Intensity series. Cedie has a microphone on and the whooping is unbearable. DH likes this workout and, when he does it, we both start yelling, "whoooooooooo!!!!"

Another is Jari Love's original Get Ripped. The woman wearing glasses makes some comments about form. Yes, DH and I make fun of that one, too.

Are there workouts where is it actually useful to hear the background exercisers?

POSTURE CHECK!
Vintage VFer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-19, 12:45 PM  
alisoncooks

I've never done a workout where a backgrounder spoke and thought, "Now that was a good idea."

ETA: I'll amend that statement. Charlene Prickett has interesting conversations with backgrounders...but they're usually random facts/trivia, not workout related.
alisoncooks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-19, 01:33 PM  
bubbles76

The only background exerciser I think I liked that wore a mic was Jessica Smith's mom Debbie. Most backgrounders either sound too stilted when they speak (it's a Jari Love workout, can't remember which one) or ham it up way too much. I'm looking at YOU, backgrounder in Mike Donavanik's Xtreme Burn Diesel! Just from the clips I can tell she probably hams it up. I still want the workout though lol!

ETA: Jericho in Jackie Warner's Xtreme Crunchless Abs was a decent mic'ed backgrounder. So was Madison. Very friendly, down to earth rapport.
"You humans have the potential to be the most wonderful beings there are - if you can get past all these enormous stupid spots you seem to have in your hearts. It's not your fault. You just don't know how to work your hearts right yet. That's why there are dogs." - Jim Butcher, Zoo Day
bubbles76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-19, 11:33 AM  
Vintage VFer
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by alisoncooks View Post
I've never done a workout where a backgrounder spoke and thought, "Now that was a good idea."

ETA: I'll amend that statement. Charlene Prickett has interesting conversations with backgrounders...but they're usually random facts/trivia, not workout related.
I forgot about Charlene! Her pal, Renee, was a bit of a smarta$$, so I found her comments funny.

POSTURE CHECK!
Vintage VFer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-19, 12:40 PM  
Mickey12

Quote:
Originally Posted by alisoncooks View Post

I always loved the conversation between Charlene and her background exercisers. They discussed a lot of things and it made me feel like they were my friends. I felt like I got to know them.

Kim
Mickey12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-19, 01:02 PM  
summer breeze
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mickey12 View Post
I always loved the conversation between Charlene and her background exercisers. They discussed a lot of things and it made me feel like they were my friends. I felt like I got to know them.

Kim
Yes me too!! Charlene and Lonnie had some good give and take too.
summer breeze is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-19, 08:40 PM  
Mickey12

Quote:
Originally Posted by summer breeze View Post
Yes me too!! Charlene and Lonnie had some good give and take too.
I haven’t done a Charlene workout in a while. OMG, Lonnie always made me laugh with his comments. I knew what he would say before he said it and I would still laugh out loud. I really like his sense of humor.

Kim
Mickey12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-19, 06:33 AM  
sheepla
VF Supporter

No. Just no. Hate it so much when background exercisers are miked.

Tags
background exercisers