Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Closed Thread

Old 03-20-18, 05:25 PM  
amoodygirl

I just signed up and used my VF name as my username. I think I would prefer it as non-Facebook as well!

Thanks!!!

Diane

Never have I been a blue calm sea
I have always been a storm

Fleetwood Mac (Stevie Nicks)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Diane
Old 03-20-18, 05:51 PM  
rhbrand

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbh View Post
I asked the question and I set it up on Talkatap just so we could all see how it feels. Nobody has to join. The Facebook Roost will still remain. You could have just given your recommendations without the "Seems like it was a case of "I'm gonna ask but I don't care about your opinion cause I'm gonna do it anyway". That was not my intention and I don't appreciate you putting words in my mouth. There are hundreds of ways of disagreeing that are polite and considerate. That is one of social media's aspects that I don't like. People read their own emotions into someone's statements.
So,you ask on Facebook, and I've copied and pasted you post right from Facebook: How would all of you members feel about moving The Roost from Facebook to Tapatalk? The yuku board where the Yaya's use to reside was taken over by Tapatalk. I have designed a VF Roost there to see what it would look like. Moving The Roost there would enable non Facebook VF'ers access to The Roost.

And less than an hour later you start the board and start admitting members. Over 500 members on the Facebook group, and most didn't get a chance to offer their opinion. What would you think if you were involved in a group that did the same thing? Sounds like to me that you already had your mind made up and were going to do it regardless of what the rest of us thought. Then once people started getting mad and didn't WANT to move, you decided to leave the Facebook group open. Don't get mad at those of use who read what you posted, saw you didn't bother waiting for opinions and did it anyway and have said we are not happy.
Old 03-20-18, 06:04 PM  
sbh

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhbrand View Post
So,you ask on Facebook, and I've copied and pasted you post right from Facebook: How would all of you members feel about moving The Roost from Facebook to Tapatalk? The yuku board where the Yaya's use to reside was taken over by Tapatalk. I have designed a VF Roost there to see what it would look like. Moving The Roost there would enable non Facebook VF'ers access to The Roost.

And less than an hour later you start the board and start admitting members. Over 500 members on the Facebook group, and most didn't get a chance to offer their opinion. What would you think if you were involved in a group that did the same thing? Sounds like to me that you already had your mind made up and were going to do it regardless of what the rest of us thought. Then once people started getting mad and didn't WANT to move, you decided to leave the Facebook group open. Don't get mad at those of use who read what you posted, saw you didn't bother waiting for opinions and did it anyway and have said we are not happy.
I added members so they could see what Tapatalk is about. If you don't want to join, don't. You are making a mountain out of a mole hill. I am not mad at anyone who wants to stay at FB Roost. They are more than welcome too. I never flat out said I am moving the board and that's that. So stay at FB Roost and drop all of this unnecessary hostility.
Old 03-20-18, 07:11 PM  
Donna D

Smile

I prefer FB also, thanks for all of your hard work and time you devote to this effort.
Old 03-20-18, 08:12 PM  
WWWendy
Community Manager

I think this is best discussed on VF Roost, since it is not officially part of VF. Thanks.

DISCLOSURE: I have a professional relationship with a seller or producer of fitness videos or products. For details, please see my profile.
Closed Thread

Tags
vf roost