Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 05-29-17, 12:05 PM  
athompson10
VF Supporter

1. What is your favorite thing to do in the summer? enjoy all the produce: corn, berries, peaches, melons, yum!

2. Do you change anything about your workouts in the summer? What? I try rotations because I get less motivated in the summer; if I have a set plan, I'm more likely to work out.

3. What is your favorite activity to do on vacation? for a city vacation, walk and visit local galleries; for a beach vacay, sit on the beach all day and alternate easy swimming with rum drinks

4. If you could choose only one vacation destination where would you pick and why? I'd love to go somewhere with cool-to-cold temperatures, do day hikes, then enjoy a hot shower and gourmet dinner. Switzerland?

5. Be an Olympic athlete, what sport would you compete in? weightlifting; those women are awesome

6. What was the best fireworks show you ever saw or experienced? back in the day, the NY Philharmonic used to play a yearly outdoor early evening concert on the grounds of a college campus. It was close to my mother-in-law's house, so it became an annual tradition to have a late afternoon picnic, listen to the music as the sun went down, then enjoy the post-concert fireworks show. It wasn't spectacular showy fireworks but a really nice, low-key communal event.
Old 05-29-17, 12:09 PM  
Laura S.
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by killoffsonny View Post
6. What was the best fireworks show you ever saw or experienced?
The Bicentennial in D.C. on the grounds. It was awesome.
We live in the DC area and have said that every American ought to spend one 4th of July on The Mall and the surrounding area. Some of my favorite 4th of July memories are from that area. And, what a year to do it - on The Bicentennial.

Laura's Workout Mantras:

Something is better than nothing
The best workout is the one you will DO
Laura S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-17, 12:10 PM  
ardnas

1. What is your favorite thing to do in the summer? hike

2. Do you change anything about your workouts in the summer? What? not really, though I am more active overall

3. What is your favorite activity to do on vacation? explore, hike, photography

4. If you could choose only one vacation destination where would you pick and why? New Zealand - looks beautiful, never been to

5. Be an Olympic athlete, what sport would you compete in? archery

6. What was the best fireworks show you ever saw or experienced? About 10yrs ago we watched the fireworks in Racine, WI - because of the shoreline there on Lake Michigan (is kind of like the letter C), you could see all the fireworks - @ the nearby zoo, in Kenosha, Milwaukee, Chicago and everywhere in between
Old 05-29-17, 12:24 PM  
MathTeacher

1. What is your favorite thing to do in the summer? Travel.

2. Do you change anything about your workouts in the summer? I add a mile with Leslie first thing in the morning.

3. What is your favorite activity to do on vacation? Exploring the historical places of our amazing country.

4. If you could choose only one vacation destination where would you pick and why? Manchester.

5. Be an Olympic athlete, what sport would you compete in? Pole Vault. I believe I can fly.

6. What was the best fireworks show you ever saw or experienced? They are all awe-inspiring.
Old 05-29-17, 01:18 PM  
bubbles76

1. What is your favorite thing to do in the summer?
Patiently wait until Fall . I do not like the summer.

2. Do you change anything about your workouts in the summer? What?
Well, because the summer usually starts the busiest time of year for my job, I make my workouts shorter and more intense. I also incorporate more yoga because of job stress.

3. What is your favorite activity to do on vacation?
Visit historical sites and eat at restaurants with great local food.

4. If you could choose only one vacation destination where would you pick and why?
Prior to moving to NJ, I would have said a cabin in the snowy mountains, like the Alps or something. I'm quite sick of snow now, so I will say the beach. But it couldn't be too hot, as I really hate the heat!

5. Be an Olympic athlete, what sport would you compete in?
Gymnastics, because those folks are graceful and strong.

I honestly can't remember. Maybe I'll go to DC one year.
"You humans have the potential to be the most wonderful beings there are - if you can get past all these enormous stupid spots you seem to have in your hearts. It's not your fault. You just don't know how to work your hearts right yet. That's why there are dogs." - Jim Butcher, Zoo Day
bubbles76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-17, 01:42 PM  
mtngoat

1. What is your favorite thing to do in the summer? Well, I'm another anomaly who doesn't like summer.

I love hiking in the Rockies, however. My DH and I have walked though knee-high snow at altitude when it is +30C! That definitely takes the edge off of the heat, ha ha. (Throw a handful into your hat, and you really cool down.)

2. Do you change anything about your workouts in the summer? What? Try to work out early or late to beat the heat.

3. What is your favorite activity to do on vacation? Depends on location. Mountains -> hiking, kayaking. City->plays, concerts, museums/art galleries, walking, people-watching, and food.

4. If you could choose only one vacation destination where would you pick and why? Hmm, if only one probably NYC. Just love the energy!

5. Be an Olympic athlete, what sport would you compete in? Rowing.

6. What was the best fireworks show you ever saw or experienced? Several years ago at Rum Runner Days in the Crowsnest Pass, Alberta.

Lacey (trying to convince Brent to take a Pilates class): C'mon Brent, don't you want to unify your mind and body?
Brent: Nah. I'm not gonna put all my eggs in one basket.
Corner Gas Season1 Episode 3 "Pilates Twist"
mtngoat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-17, 09:53 PM  
Genevieve M

1. What is your favorite thing to do in the summer?

Bike riding, going to the beach

2. Do you change anything about your workouts in the summer? What?

Maybe do them after the sun goes down

3. What is your favorite activity to do on vacation?

Bike riding, going to the beach, sleeping

4. If you could choose only one vacation destination where would you pick and why?

St. Avold, Lorraine province, France. This is the town that my maternal
great grandparents came from. Of course, I would see if I could rent a
bike!

5. Be an Olympic athlete, what sport would you compete in?

Bike riding

4th of July, my hometown of Boston, with the Boston Pops on the Esplanade. There is a community boating program on the Charles River, and they let us buy tickets to sit on the docks, listen to the music and see the fireworks. As Jason Aldean would say, it was a 'first-class seat'.
Genevieve M is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
getting to know you