Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 06-01-16, 09:13 AM  
MsThistlebottom

Quote:
Originally Posted by alisoncooks View Post
I saw that happy dance in the preview clip. Truth be told, I was hoping that it was from some behind-the-scenes goofing around.

Thanks for taking the time to give your thoughts on it!
Me too. But no--the goofing around is in the actual workout.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PennyK View Post
Joan, thanks so much for your review!

I ordered and my copy is being delivered today, though not quite as excited now.
Try it with an open mind and let us know what you think. I had a stressful day, and it's quite possible that I was being Ms Crankypants yesterday.

"When I was young, I used to admire intelligent people; as I grow older, I admire kind people." -- Abraham Joshua Heschel
MsThistlebottom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-16, 09:14 AM  
donnamp

Joan, sorry it was a dud!! I saw the happy dance, too, and I also thought it was "behind the scenes" footage.

Donna
donnamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-16, 09:16 AM  
alisoncooks

Quote:
Originally Posted by PennyK View Post
Joan, thanks so much for your review!

I ordered and my copy is being delivered today, though not quite as excited now.
It's always nice to have multiple perspectives! I'm looking forward to your thoughts as well! If the workout is good, I might can overlook manic happy dances.
alisoncooks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-16, 09:18 AM  
MsThistlebottom

Quote:
Originally Posted by donnamp View Post
Joan, sorry it was a dud!! I saw the happy dance, too, and I also thought it was "behind the scenes" footage.

Donna
Didn't the trailer look great, though? And the studio is so bright and welcoming. Love the concept; it just needs better direction and execution, IMO.

"When I was young, I used to admire intelligent people; as I grow older, I admire kind people." -- Abraham Joshua Heschel
Old 06-01-16, 10:10 AM  
Vintage VFer
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by MsThistlebottom View Post
Me too. But no--the goofing around is in the actual workout....
Oh dear! Not for me!

Joan, thanks for being our tester. Sometimes an instructor's first production is not ready for prime-time.

POSTURE CHECK!
Vintage VFer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-16, 06:31 PM  
PennyK

PennyK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-16, 07:47 PM  
MsThistlebottom

Thanks for your review, Penny. I'm glad you like it!

Old 06-03-16, 08:24 AM  
dnna

I quickly bought this as I am still recovering from a leg injury and thought it would be a nice change from the very few workouts I can do.
I think it is a terrible dvd. no cuing , shouting, constant own your age! shout touts. I tried the stretch and weirdly the modifier was not using a chair, but only slightly moving.and the street was only a few minutes long, and morphed into an ab session with Very Questionable moves, dangerous even. and the warmups are less than 2 minutes long. Also tried a few other segments and had to stop. I could not deal with it and waste my workout time.
I want to support new workout instructors and workouts for the older exercisers but I won't buy inferior, really poor quality instruction workouts. nope. sending it back.
dnna is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
african american, black fitness instructor, female fitness instructor, lorraine gantt, own your age