Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-27-15, 04:49 PM  
horsemom2

WellVideo.net

I have been using WellVideo.net for organizing workouts by creating playlists from its content and sharing video files and video urls.

Here is a demo of how to use the website:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KqAaYo_wD_0

here is an invitation link to the Website
http://wellvideo.net/r450

Barb S
horsemom2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-15, 07:07 PM  
horsemom2

If anyone else already using WellVideo would like to share their invitation link, please do!
Old 03-28-15, 02:11 AM  
Cybersparkle

Thanks for sharing Barb!

I was using Realplayer to organize my downloads & it malfunctioned and deleted all my play lists!

My downloaded files (mostly from utube) are in a state of unorganized mess that Realplayer helped til it crashed.

The Wellvideo seems to just be for uploaded, online vids.

Can you recommend a player similar to Realplayer (but stable) that has offline playlist capabilities?
Cybersparkle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-15, 02:46 AM  
Sinclair

Doesn't Media Player allow for Playlists? Or iTunes?
Sinclair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-15, 06:30 AM  
horsemom2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cybersparkle View Post
Thanks for sharing Barb!

I was using Realplayer to organize my downloads & it malfunctioned and deleted all my play lists!

My downloaded files (mostly from utube) are in a state of unorganized mess that Realplayer helped til it crashed.

The Wellvideo seems to just be for uploaded, online vids.

Can you recommend a player similar to Realplayer (but stable) that has offline playlist capabilities?
Most reliable player offline is VLC.
Dropbox and DailyMotion Mobile apps do enable offline playing.

I still prefer using dvds but have been using WellVideo for sparks throughout the day.
If you cannot find an online video on WellVideo, you can paste the url where the video is located with their *add a video* and add it to one of your playlists. If you add a video file instead of a url, you have the option of playing it from their site or your device so you do not have to store all of them on your device if you are patient about letting the file load before streaming it.
Old 03-28-15, 06:43 AM  
Lannette

I'm going to ask a stupid question - well actually two stupid questions. For legal reasons this looks like it would only be for YouTube videos. Am I correct in assuming you would be unable to download a DVD you own for use on the road? Once you create a playlist you are streaming the videos from the sit if you choose not to download to your device, right?

Do you really want to look back on your life and see how wonderful it could have been had you not been afraid to live it? - Caroline Myss
Lannette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-15, 11:08 AM  
horsemom2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lannette View Post
I'm going to ask a stupid question - well actually two stupid questions. For legal reasons this looks like it would only be for YouTube videos. Am I correct in assuming you would be unable to download a DVD you own for use on the road? Once you create a playlist you are streaming the videos from the sit if you choose not to download to your device, right?
There are no stupid questions.
Video Urls can be embedded on WellVideo from VK.com, DailyMotion, and Vimeo. However, the video must be accessible to the public and not stored privately. To use these videos without WellVideo or an internet connection, you would have to download them from whichever site they are stored. The Administrator of WellVideo upon request may convert a url video from sites other than youtube.

If you upload a video file, you can choose your privacy setting for the video.
If you want to stream from WellVideo, you need an internet connection.
If you want to use a video from WellVideo when traveling or without an internet connection, there are various ways you can download the file to your device, even burn files to dvdr.

Just for clarification LOL
ETA: you can download any video file from WellVideo
except for completely private videos not uploaded by you.

Playlists are only for the videos playable on WellVideo.
You can stream them or download the files with various methods depending on your operating system and browser.

Barb S
Old 03-28-15, 02:07 PM  
Lannette

Thanks for the explanation. It sounds interesting but my internet connection would make it a total pain to use.

Do you really want to look back on your life and see how wonderful it could have been had you not been afraid to live it? - Caroline Myss
Lannette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-15, 03:17 PM  
Cybersparkle

Quote:
Originally Posted by horsemom2 View Post
Most reliable player offline is VLC.
Dropbox and DailyMotion Mobile apps do enable offline playing.

I still prefer using dvds but have been using WellVideo for sparks throughout the day.
If you cannot find an online video on WellVideo, you can paste the url where the video is located with their *add a video* and add it to one of your playlists. If you add a video file instead of a url, you have the option of playing it from their site or your device so you do not have to store all of them on your device if you are patient about letting the file load before streaming it.
Thanks Barb! I will check out VLC, I think I have heard of it before. Real Player was such a disappointment, glad to know there is something more stable.
Cybersparkle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-15, 03:57 PM  
topfitmama

I've had VLC crash on me... I ended up uninstalling it from my workout computer. I should try installing it again. I really liked it!
topfitmama is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
download to dvd, tech, wellvideo