Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 06-15-13, 10:24 AM  
eyefit
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Candiceena View Post
I never thought I would actually consider myself someone who LOVES working out.
To me, that is the best thing that has happened to me. It is such a good feeling. I know that no matter what, working out w/ my DVDs is a hobby - a labor of love - something I can say I truly enjoy.

Not sure if that is a "fitness" milestone in the traditional sense but it's sort of a mental-fitness milestone.
+2

Also, I never thought I'd get good at push ups on my toes. On a good day, I can do 20 in a row and once I got to 22! Granted, those last few were oogly but I did it. I also never thought I'd see my saddle bags disappear or muscle definition show up on my arms. I even noticed definition in my forearms the other day when I was driving. I looked at my arms and was like "what is that line there...oh wait that's my forearm muscle!"
Old 06-15-13, 10:56 AM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

I power walked a *real* 5K. I'd done charity walks before, but never an honest to goodness 5K that I trained for. Even did some jogging bursts!
Pat58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-13, 11:09 AM  
fuzzie
VF Supporter

I always wanted to have a regular yoga practice and never stuck to it, despite trying several instructors and styles that enjoyed... but just not enough to make it part of my routine. Then three months ago I "rediscovered" kundalini yoga with Ravi and Ana. I had bought two of their DVDs a few years ago and put them aside after doing them once. Now? I can't imagine living without yoga! I have been practicing almost every day since March, acquired all of Ravi and Ana's DVDs, discovered new and amazing instructors (like Gloria Latham), and joined the wonderful KY check-in
fuzzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-13, 12:20 PM  
lotusgirl

Love this thread! I identify with so many of you.

For me, running a 5K was a huge accomplishment. I am NOT a natural runner!
Old 06-15-13, 12:51 PM  
deineira

Being able to do pushups on my toes. I am not where I want to be, but I am up to about 15 or so from 0.

Also, finishing STS was a big goal for me and I've consistently added strength to my cardio rotation to very good effect.
deineira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-13, 04:38 PM  
Scbayless

I was able to work out consistently everyday after my daughter was born. She is turning 3 next month and I haven't missed a single day of working out since I got the green light to work out after she was born. That's 5-6 days a week for 3 years!
Old 06-15-13, 11:46 PM  
hypnomoon

Leg pressing over 400#. Running and running 5Ks.
hypnomoon is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
inspiration, inspirational, motivation