Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-05-13, 08:56 PM  
newellcr

Vee, Thanks for posting. It is helpful to get feedback from someone who has been successful and seems happy with their process. I have used DVD Decrypter and Handbreak to get MP4s but the process was tedious and time consuming.

Thanks again,

Christopher
newellcr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-13, 07:06 AM  
Vee

Quote:
Originally Posted by newellcr View Post
Vee, Thanks for posting. It is helpful to get feedback from someone who has been successful and seems happy with their process. I have used DVD Decrypter and Handbreak to get MP4s but the process was tedious and time consuming.

Thanks again,

Christopher
I agree. Handbrake is not the most friendly product. I really like the slysoft products but they are not worth the money unless you do a lot of ripping.

Of the free products, videora is the best I have tried so far for creating iPad/apple device formats. I have not tried freemake.

For ISo image creation dvdshrink is excellent for a free tool.
Vee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-13, 12:39 PM  
tytbody
VF Supporter

I have the handbrake and so far it's okay. I guess I must have used it corretly I only did one that Joanna was showing me how to put it on my ipad. The way she showed me though, only allows me to play them on my ipad when 'm at home. The rest I could put on my ipad through I tunes but it would take up a lot of space since I didn't buy a large Ipad.
But... if I were to go away, I imagine I would be able to put what i want on my ipad. For those down low videos. And I mean when you're on the ground. Nothing else. i.e. cobra, superman, happy baby

~~~Cheryl

Completed a 10 day Pilates Challenge 2019
Completed Pilates 7 day Challenge 2019

Live Life Simply -Simply Love Life
tytbody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-13, 12:47 PM  
Irisg1

I discovered an amazing free app. for iphone & ipad. It works great for downloading streaming video. It's called Free Video. The downloads are super fast and MP4. I downloaded a bunch of Buti Tone workouts with this app., and then transferred them to Itunes on my laptop. From that point, I am able to put them on DVD or flash media. Since getting a Roku, I prefer flash media. It beats having a bunch of dvds to go through .
Old 03-06-13, 12:54 PM  
tytbody
VF Supporter

That sounds like what mine are doing. I have it like that also, and I yes, I do have those videos you spoke of. I can't do them but , they are there for the fun. Joanna told me to get that. I think I paid 2.99 for the other version, just because. it' a little blue tv like logo?

~~~Cheryl

Completed a 10 day Pilates Challenge 2019
Completed Pilates 7 day Challenge 2019

Live Life Simply -Simply Love Life
tytbody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-13, 02:39 PM  
mtngoat

Quote:
Originally Posted by horsemom2 View Post
Just wanted to mention that many of these discussions were before Freemake Video converter was released. This wonderful software does it all for Windows users.

download available at
www.freemake.com

when downloading the software, keep the boxes unchecked for other software you do not want to try.

It is faster and easier to use than anything else I have tried.
Best of all, will always be free.

What other program can download, rip, convert and burn over 10 hours of videos onto a single dvdr?

Barb S
Hi Barb. I just wanted to thank you for mentioning Freemake again. I was quite happy with the software I was using, but after reading this post I figured I'd give Freemake a try. I am very pleased with the results! It doesn't give me quite the control I have with other software, but it does some things my other software doesn't. Freemake will be very useful for some of my applications.

(eta: I have been using DVD Decrypter, Handbrake, DVD Shrink (but won't work with HD over 1.5 TB), Nero Recode, and Videora. Handbrake gives a lot of control over video/audio attributes.)

Thanks!

Lacey (trying to convince Brent to take a Pilates class): C'mon Brent, don't you want to unify your mind and body?
Brent: Nah. I'm not gonna put all my eggs in one basket.
Corner Gas Season1 Episode 3 "Pilates Twist"

Last edited by mtngoat; 03-06-13 at 02:49 PM. Reason: addition
mtngoat is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
digital, digital storage, download to dvd, ripping dvds, storage, tech