Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-19-13, 12:35 PM  
F1mom

Any Opinions on Bob Harper's Yoga For The Warrior?

I didn't see a Review for it. I purchased Jillian's Yoga Meltdown last night after previewing it on BeFit but wondered if any of you guys liked this one.
F1mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-13, 12:41 PM  
A-Bot
VF Supporter

I adore this one. It depends on what you like. It is athletic yoga . . and it kinnda reminds me of the yoga for P90X or the yoga Tony Horton does. It is one of the few hour long yoga routines that I do over and over.

If you have any specific questions, I can try to answer them.
Old 01-19-13, 12:53 PM  
F1mom

Does it show modifications? How would it compare to Bryan Kest's Power Yoga (the only power yoga I've done)?

TIA!
F1mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-13, 01:12 PM  
Elise7

Does it have a spiritual focus, or is just athletic, w/ no meditation-type elements?
Elise7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-13, 01:44 PM  
A-Bot
VF Supporter

It doesn't have a spiritual focus at all, no meditation. Occasionally he mentions to relax or focus on the breath, but it is very much about the workout you are doing, no spiritual aspect at all.

Bob's feels even more athletic than Kest's to me.

There is a modifier in the sense that there is someone who basically doesn't "take it to the next level" but holds the pose while the others move into the next step. I believe.
Old 01-19-13, 02:09 PM  
Tish

I really like this one too. He moves quickly but it feels controlled. If memory serves, Kest's had long holds, and he chattered a LOT. Bob's is more about form pointers. I don't care for spiritual language in my workouts and Bob's yoga is very straight forward. Also, I don't normally like driving music with my yoga but it seems to fit this one. I always feel well worked and empowered when I'm done.
Old 01-19-13, 03:01 PM  
Aquajock

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tish View Post
I really like this one too. He moves quickly but it feels controlled. If memory serves, Kest's had long holds, and he chattered a LOT. Bob's is more about form pointers. I don't care for spiritual language in my workouts and Bob's yoga is very straight forward. Also, I don't normally like driving music with my yoga but it seems to fit this one. I always feel well worked and empowered when I'm done.
still haven't done the bona fide yoga practice in this one, but for some reason the core routine always slaughters me, in a good way. nothing particularly innovative about the drills used, but it always gets my core barkin'. was worth the cost of the disc for that alone.

a-jock
Old 01-19-13, 03:30 PM  
roz

I actually like his Biggest Loser Yoga better.
roz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-13, 04:26 PM  
A-Bot
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aquajock View Post
still haven't done the bona fide yoga practice in this one, but for some reason the core routine always slaughters me, in a good way. nothing particularly innovative about the drills used, but it always gets my core barkin'. was worth the cost of the disc for that alone.

a-jock
Yes, it has a 17 minute ab routine (in addition to the hour long yoga practice) that is really solid. Yea, it is the way they are put together that gets me. It is a GREAT add on.

Tags
biggest loser, bob harper, yoga, yoga for the warrior