Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-22-12, 01:21 PM  
smith938
VF Supporter

Laura that one line about if you can't sleep at least rest has helped me a lot. I work a 12 hr rotating shift and would actually be stressing over not being able to sleep but just lying there resting helps a lot.Imay still be tired but not as bad as I am when I can't even rest. I pulled this one out the other day but didn't do it..seems one pose I couldn't tell what she was doing and it needed a bolster or something or I was angled wrong..it was nice though.

and I agree- yee's am routine I CANNOT do when trying to wake up! I have to be careful with his AM Yoga For Your Week which I love because the savasana about does me in! I actually set the alarm clock in the room where I execise if I do the hip openers(the one I usualy like before work) just in case...
Old 10-22-12, 06:24 PM  
geojill

I like Pure Tranquility by Rainbeau Mars. It is 30 minutes and quite relaxing. I do it in the dark with only the light of the tv on, then I can transition straight to bed Even if I don't drift off to sleep immediately, I am nice and relaxed and can rest in bed.
Old 10-22-12, 07:19 PM  
Belle de Jour

-Sara Ivanhoe's Candlelight Yoga
-Rainbeau Mars' Pure Tranquility/Vinyasa Flow for Beginners/Yoga for Beauty: Dusk
-Elena Brower's PM Yoga for Beginners
-Janet Stone's Radiant Mom Yoga (20 minute routine, though it is more strenuous than the previous, I found it relaxing)
Belle de Jour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-12, 08:08 PM  
Paula
VF Supporter

I second Yoga for Stress Relief - any number of Barbara's routines are good. I also like Karen Voight's Yoga for Stretch.
Paula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-12, 08:41 PM  
Pam

Thanks everyone for the great suggestions! I have been judging too much by the name of the DVD, some of the DVDs suggested I have and I never considered using them for a pre-bedtime routine. Others I had forgot I had.

Tonight I am going to use Rainbeau's Pure Tranquility (I have used the others in the set, but never this one), turning off the lights as you have suggested Geojill. As for the ones I don't have, I am making a wishlist. I looking forward to a new bedtime routine!
Pam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-12, 08:13 AM  
spotted zebra

I have all but one or two of the dvds suggested here... makes me realize how crazy into buying yoga dvds I used to be. My favourite before bed yoga program is Mimi Solaire's Deep Stretch. Kripalu Yoga Gentle is a nice one too.
spotted zebra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-12, 08:53 AM  
TLB

Suzanne Deason Stress Relief Yoga - only 20 minutes (oceanside) ... very relaxing.

"Try for progress, not perfection" Chris Freytag
TLB is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
rainbeau mars, this is yoga, yoga, yoga relax