Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-17-12, 01:41 PM  
tytbody
VF Supporter

this is what was in my mail also.I know it's old but someone may just want to read what others are saying about her 4 DVD set.

~~~Cheryl

Completed a 10 day Pilates Challenge 2019
Completed Pilates 7 day Challenge 2019

Live Life Simply -Simply Love Life
tytbody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-12, 03:16 PM  
bubbles76

The one clip where she is doing yoga in the dark, with dark pants, on a dark platform (i think?) has me wondering what the heck was she thinking. Some of the poses look way advanced for me too. But for $20, it may be worth it for the pose library if she really details the poses.
"You humans have the potential to be the most wonderful beings there are - if you can get past all these enormous stupid spots you seem to have in your hearts. It's not your fault. You just don't know how to work your hearts right yet. That's why there are dogs." - Jim Butcher, Zoo Day
bubbles76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-12, 12:29 AM  
lotusgirl

To those of you who bought this and used this, what do you think? Also, what's the music like? In looking at this in comparison to her other DVDs, I think I'd like this one. The others seem to have cuing issues.
Old 10-06-12, 10:29 AM  
klaux

I received it, but have only done one of the routines - gotta say, I loved it! I am still reviewing the rest, but the one I did was the shorter relaxation one for before going to sleep and I felt stretched, exhilarated and rested if that makes sense. Even if I can't do or don't click with some of these, what a great deal!
klaux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-12, 11:31 AM  
lotusgirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by klaux View Post
I received it, but have only done one of the routines - gotta say, I loved it! I am still reviewing the rest, but the one I did was the shorter relaxation one for before going to sleep and I felt stretched, exhilarated and rested if that makes sense. Even if I can't do or don't click with some of these, what a great deal!
Thank you! Yes, the price is good, making it so very tempting! The clip I watched made it appealing. It's been a while since I've felt so compelled to buy a new yoga dvd!
Old 10-12-12, 10:34 AM  
DachsieDogMom

any other reviews or updates on this set?
DachsieDogMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-12, 09:42 PM  
smith938
VF Supporter

I've done 4 of the routines - pm yoga flow was the first and I was challenged but loved it - love the rooftop setting and it wasn't too fast and I felt good afterwards. I had to modify and of course skip wheel. I did 2 of the other shorter routines - both were on a balcony outside a hotel room. sorry I don't remember the names but I think one was on teh same dvd as am and pm - think it was called 'daily' and there was another I did that was shorter -around 15 or 20 min seems like. before night shift tonight I did am flow and loved it - it moved slow and not sun salutions and downdogs weren't held too long and had lots of 'sun breaths' or whatever they're called - forward bend then up to arms overhead then back down. some standing poses and a short flow from warrior 2 to crescent/reverse warrior to ext angle then back and the next cresecent the leg is straight and goes to triangle..nice stretch then some seated stretches/twists. this one is on the beach. I was suprised to find the am flow easier than the pm flow..seems most am stuff I get is pretty strenuous with sun salutations.
Old 10-13-12, 07:28 AM  
shelleyann

I have this set and love it! You get so much for your money....all kinds of practices with varying lengths. She is really good about offering other options if a pose is too hard (and there aren't a lot) and making it no big deal...your option to modify to other poses she demonstrates. Remember for clips they tend to put the "really catchy" poses, not the regular moves.

I love the settings and the music. It is modern, fresh and non-threatening....everyday accessible IMHO.

Exercise should enhance your life! It should make you feel good & be fun, not drudgery or a beating.

"When you arise in the morning, think of what a precious privilege it is to be alive-to breathe, to think, to enjoy, to love." Marcus Aurelius
shelleyann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-12, 04:39 PM  
lotusgirl

Thank you so much for the feedback on this! I'm even more tempted to buy this!
Old 10-18-12, 04:57 PM  
Cassy

Wow I wish I could do all the moves she shows it the clip. She looks amazing.
Cassy is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
tara stiles, this is yoga, yoga