Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-01-12, 07:52 PM  
edensmom

I did the first workout on One Day Fat Blast last week. I've been a bit less consistent with exercise lately and I found it pretty challenging. It is another circuit workout and focuses more on upper body and abs for toning and alternates with hi intensity moves like burpees and jumping lunges. I have yet to do the second workout which is supposed to be butt/leg focused. I really considered the one I did more of a cardio workout with light toning and I found it more challenging than any of the Beach Babe workouts (though as I mentioned I've cut down on my workout time lately but I don't think it should matter THAT much). I liked the workout and it is a keeper for me.
edensmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-12, 05:04 PM  
edensmom

Did workout 2 today. It is billed as butt and abs but it is more like cardio and abs. No complaints though. Again it is a circuit workout with some fun kickboxing inspired cardio moves, some plank and side plank work and tough (for me) ab work. I liked it and finished very sweaty. I burned 200 cals in the 35 minute workout which is alot for me. (For reference I burn around 400 doing Tonique Premier in its' entirety.) I liked it and am very pleased with this dvd. It surpassed my expectations !
Old 08-02-12, 05:27 PM  
moonbeam31

Oh cool- thanks for the info!
moonbeam31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-12, 01:37 AM  
edensmom

I did workout 2 again and after a couple weeks working out at a more advanced level I was still really challenged. There are not too many reps- except on the plank/side plank exercises and this move that is a cross between a Russian twist and a bicycle. Those seemed to last FOREVER, hehehe . This workout is equipment-free also. LOVE that . They really work your abs. I did this workout before going to the river today and my belly was really cinched in after, very desirable in my swimsuit . Katrina particularly gives pointers when I needed it, like SUCK MY BELLYBUTTON IN TO MY SPINE- which I forget when I am working hard and I think it really makes a difference.
Workout 2 uses light weights. I have only used it once and will try it again soon, but really workout 2 I like so well ithis is worth having for me regardless.
Tracy, I know you ordered Sculpt & Tone from reading the other TIU thread and can't wait for you to get it, try it, and share your thoughts! Pretty please!
Old 08-17-12, 09:40 PM  
desertMermaid

I bought this one after a kind VFer loaned me the Jane Fonda workout. It arrived today. I've never done any of K&K's other workouts but I look forward to one day blast. Maybe this weekend - nice to have shorter length workouts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by edensmom View Post
I liked it and finished very sweaty. I burned 200 cals in the 35 minute workout which is alot for me. (For reference I burn around 400 doing Tonique Premier in its' entirety.) I liked it and am very pleased with this dvd. It surpassed my expectations !
WOW! Tonique Premier is twice as long and super tough! I'm thinking these workouts may be tougher that I expected. But that's a good thing!
desertMermaid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-12, 10:12 PM  
edensmom

Absolutely they are much tougher than you'd think. I consistently burn 200 cals per 1/2 hr workout which is a LOT for me!! I really like the butt & abs workout (#2)/ K&K really know how to work the abs. Seriously, if I have to wear a bikini this is THE workout. My stomach stays FLAT the rof th rest of the day.
Old 08-17-12, 11:27 PM  
runnermom

Quote:
... My stomach stays FLAT the rof th rest of the day.
I was curious about this dvd and this comment sent me right over to Amazon to buy it! It was like a knee-jerk reaction!
runnermom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-12, 01:22 AM  
moonbeam31

Quote:
I did workout 2 again and after a couple weeks working out at a more advanced level I was still really challenged. There are not too many reps- except on the plank/side plank exercises and this move that is a cross between a Russian twist and a bicycle. Those seemed to last FOREVER, hehehe . This workout is equipment-free also. LOVE that . They really work your abs. I did this workout before going to the river today and my belly was really cinched in after, very desirable in my swimsuit . Katrina particularly gives pointers when I needed it, like SUCK MY BELLYBUTTON IN TO MY SPINE- which I forget when I am working hard and I think it really makes a difference.
Workout 2 uses light weights. I have only used it once and will try it again soon, but really workout 2 I like so well ithis is worth having for me regardless.
Tracy, I know you ordered Sculpt & Tone from reading the other TIU thread and can't wait for you to get it, try it, and share your thoughts! Pretty please!
I will- I just got it and have to do it-tomorrow. I will report back asap! I did skim thru it and it looks good!
moonbeam31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-12, 01:49 AM  
edensmom

Quote:
Originally Posted by runnermom View Post
I was curious about this dvd and this comment sent me right over to Amazon to buy it! It was like a knee-jerk reaction!
This is my face workoupt right now. I just did Jessica Smith's Cardio
Old 08-18-12, 02:41 AM  
edensmom

Quote:
Originally Posted by runnermom View Post
This is my fave workout right now (#2) I just did Jessica Smith's Cardio Abs today (for comparison) and it was quite a bit lower in intensity than One Day Fat Blast. I get breathless. The cueing is NOT so good as one girl will introduce the move and the other goes right into performing it. But each circuit gets repeated so the second time around you will be ready. Like I said (and said again) the abs moves are TOUGH for me. Lots of plank moves. Plank to pushups and knee to elbow on both sides (TIU Tummy Tucks), in plank jump both feet forward (like mtn climber but with BOTH feet together) back, to plank, jump feet to side, back, center, back, other side, back. I'm sure this move has a name but I don't know it and it's HARD. The final circuit is abs only and not repeated. Matrons says, "this is your last chance for today so make it count" (or something) and it really motivates me. And yes this workout is helping me hold my stomach IN rather than relaxed and rounded out. I am serious! Plus it gets the HR up there to burn the fat.
Hope you like it runnermom! Come back and let me know.

Tags
beach babe, jane fonda, one day fat blast, tiu, tone it up