Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 04-28-11, 01:34 PM  
psnave

I'm sure that was horribly scary for all of you, so glad you are safe. The pictures and video are shocking and my heart goes out to everyone.

I was 6 yrs old when an F4 tornado touched down and devastated our city (Omaha). I still remember that day -- the greenish color in the sky, the lingering humidity in the air, the terrifying drive home from school with the sirens on, the noise, the fear, etc. It's something you never really forget.

I'll continue to pray for everyone...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pixiequeen View Post
I live in Cherokee County Georgia and we just barely missed the storms. It is so frightening when you have two very small children in the house. We were as prepared as we could be, I was up all night staring at the tv hoping and praying that it would pass right by. My heart goes out to all the people who lost there homes its such a shocking situation that you can never fully prepare for. Most of the storms wind shears were the same as a hurricane around 65 to 126mph, but at least with a hurricane you have more time to get out of town.
psnave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-11, 02:02 PM  
Eibhinn

So glad to hear everyone okay so far. I spent a summer in the prairies and had two close calls with Tornados and it was absolutely terrifying to me -- something I'll never forget. I don't pray, but I'm sending good vibes to everyone in affected areas.

And to anyone needing a smile who is enjoying the funny place names sub-plot here, I implore you to explore Newfoundland via google maps. The people who settled Newf definitely had a sense of humour --- that place has some of the strangest place names I've ever seen. You can start in Dildo, NF, which isn't far from Spread Eagle, Come-by-Chance Bay, Heart's Desire, Tickles, Clowns Cove and Bacon Cove.
Eibhinn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-11, 02:18 PM  
dickensgirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eibhinn View Post
So glad to hear everyone okay so far. I spent a summer in the prairies and had two close calls with Tornados and it was absolutely terrifying to me -- something I'll never forget. I don't pray, but I'm sending good vibes to everyone in affected areas.

And to anyone needing a smile who is enjoying the funny place names sub-plot here, I implore you to explore Newfoundland via google maps. The people who settled Newf definitely had a sense of humour --- that place has some of the strangest place names I've ever seen. You can start in Dildo, NF, which isn't far from Spread Eagle, Come-by-Chance Bay, Heart's Desire, Tickles, Clowns Cove and Bacon Cove.
The mind absolutely reels
Seriously, F1 Mom & EVERYONE who's OK, thank heaven & {{ hugs}} to you, best wishes to your friends & family who you may not have heard from.

Jeri

Twenty years from now, you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the things you did~ Mark Twain
dickensgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-11, 02:30 PM  
munchkin78

Checking in from North AL (Madison). There is a lot of damage and no power. I am on my phone right now trying to check news. We're being told 5-7 days without power in the Huntsville area. There was a tornado through my neighborhood. My house appears fine but many neighbors lost trees and had roof damage. No physical injuries though

It was absolutly terrifying. Many prayers to those affected.

Melissa
munchkin78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-11, 02:35 PM  
Missiscipi

Quote:
Originally Posted by munchkin78 View Post
Checking in from North AL (Madison). There is a lot of damage and no power. I am on my phone right now trying to check news. We're being told 5-7 days without power in the Huntsville area. There was a tornado through my neighborhood. My house appears fine but many neighbors lost trees and had roof damage. No physical injuries though

It was absolutly terrifying. Many prayers to those affected.

Melissa
So no fatalities in Madison? There is another VF'r (Marika) that lives there that I have been worried about. Glad you are ok!
Missiscipi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-11, 02:38 PM  
munchkin78

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rozy View Post
So no fatalities in Madison? There is another VF'r (Marika) that lives there that I have been worried about. Glad you are ok!
I don't know for sure but everyone in my small neighborhood is okay. I'm not sure where is Madison she is but it wil be a while without power. It's also difficult to get news

Melissa
munchkin78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-11, 02:57 PM  
Happykatie
VF Supporter

Checking in from Tuscaloosa...

I live about 3 miles from the worst hit part of town. Me and mine, we're fine. No power or cell service at my house. I had to drive around to find a signal so I could check in to at work. ( on my iPad now at the park). I thought of Marika and Deb and Prisma, I hope they're okay and can check in soon.
Hey munchkin - glad you're okay.
jenny
Happykatie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-11, 03:02 PM  
RedPanda

Glad to hear you're OK, Jenny.
Old 04-28-11, 03:08 PM  
mountaingal

My thoughts and prayers are with all of those affected.

I sent an email off to a friend in Huntsville but don't expect
an answer anytime soon.

Cynthia
mountaingal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-11, 04:13 PM  
F1mom

Oh dear. DH's commercial tire company has stores in B'ham and Tuscaloosa. The guys from the Tuscaloosa store called in and said they lost a number of clients to the storm. The guys were working on tractor trailers and just didn't have time to take cover. Very, very sad now.
F1mom is offline   Reply With Quote