Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-19-02, 10:03 AM  
donnamp

Question Jennifer Kries - New Method Series

Hi,

I have the Jennifer Kries "New Method" series (3-D Toning, Perfect Mix, Pilates, etc.) released about a year/ year and half ago, and I just love them for their versatility (plus I'm a big Jennifer fan) and I'm wondering - is there anything out there that is like them? How about the New Method 20/20 series?

Thanks in advance!!

Donna
donnamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-02, 12:50 PM  
Kelly B

I'm glad to hear that you love them, I'm getting them for Christmas!
Kelly B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-02, 12:59 PM  
gimmat
VF Supporter

New Method 20/20

I have two of these DVDs (Cardio Kicks and Core Cardio), and I am was disappointed in both. They are apparently complied from the TV show, so they have phrases like "we'll be right back," and "see you Thursday."

The good: short (each is 20 minutes), fun routines, lively instrucotrs, DVDs were only $13
The bad: one instructor moans and purrs, the music does not match the dancing, routines end abruptly to move into Pilates floor work.

I hope that helps! I love Presion Toning, and I do hope more like it are out there,
gimmat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-02, 01:42 PM  
donnamp

You'll love them!

Kelly, you'll love them!! Especially if you like Jennifer. Some of the moves repeat but it flows well.

I'm sorry to hear the 20/20's aren't that good. I was hoping they'd be as good as Jennifer's tapes!

Thanks for letting me know!

Donna
donnamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-02, 02:14 PM  
Helen S
VF Supporter

Target Specifics

Hi Donna,

I don't have the 20/20 videos/dvds but I do like Target Specifics. The arms section is similar to the arm section in Precision Pilates. The butt and thigh section is a fusion of yoga, pilates, and dance. So it's similar to the fusion section in PP or 3-D (I forgot which one had the fusion section that was similar). The ab section is pilates.

Helen
Helen S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-02, 09:23 AM  
fuzzie
VF Supporter

moaning and purring...

Gimmat, I think the instructor you are referring to is Tracy Mallet from the second workout on Core Cardio... I actually thought she sounded like some erotic version of tweety bird ("pas de bouwwe and wwweach! Sell it!! Isn't dancing fun!?!")... ugh! :rolleyes:
On the other hand, I really liked the first segment with Lisa Wheeler (she reminds me of Kari Anderson). Overall, I think that Dance to Fitness is a better workout though.
fuzzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-02, 09:30 AM  
gimmat
VF Supporter

Tracey Mallett

Quote:
I actually thought she sounded like some erotic version of tweety bird
Too funny!

She teaches both segments on Cardio Kicks, and has much of the same presence in those.

I do like the Lisa Wheeler segment, and even enjoy the actual routines by Tracey, but, whew, she'll take some getting used to!

For those times when I don't feel like working too hard, I think I can put up with anything that gets me moving for 20 minutes...
gimmat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-02, 12:39 PM  
caragoub
VF Supporter

Marion Gotto!

in Dynamic Toning! I have been trying to get rid of this tape to no avail! I can't figure out her accent...Italian, I guess (not that I don't like Italians!! No flames!) It's just that it's *really* distracting

I am actually *glad* to hear that the 20/20's are not so good, my poor credit card thanks you!

I did Target Specifics yesterday, and I really feel it today...sore in a good way. MMMMmmm.

Cara

Tags
new method 20/20, precision pilates, the method dynamic toning